ADVERTISEMENT

Easily one of the five biggest regular season games in Kentucky history

KWilt43atbuzz

All-American
Nov 18, 2012
Just the fact that the streak has reached 30 games with Florida makes it potentially gigantic for Kentucky.

Yet also consider:

A Kentucky win and the Cats are off to a 4-0 start and a 2-0 start in Conference play.

It would be no fluke start either because this team is full of Juniors and Seniors all recruited by Stoops and they are dam good.

My point being that the fast start could build momentum and be carried out to Kentuckys first SEC East title.

Hell it may be the biggest regular season game ever for Kentucky.

I sure would like to hear about regular season games bigger than this one...

Please keep in mind Kentucky is undefeated before saying 2007 LSU....

Reactions: wildcatdonf
If we lose its just another game. It took us until midweek to sellout, further proof that it's a big game but not one of the biggest in program history.

If we lose its just another game. It took us until midweek to sellout, further proof that it's a big game but not one of the biggest in program history.
Of course if we lose it is. But think positive and assume we win. Then where could it stand ?

It's funny how stupid a 3 game winning streak can make people look.
So why not answer his question instead of throwing shade? What's the harm in engaging a little friendly conversation instead of pontificating from your throne about the intelligence of other posters you don't approve of or agree with? Why not share the blessings of your wisdom with the unwashed masses?

No you have looked stupid long before the winning streak.
So, I guess you agree that a game which means almost nothing is one of the top 5 in our history? We have an abysmal history, but I didn't realize it was that bad.

So why not answer his question instead of throwing shade? What's the harm in engaging a little friendly conversation instead of pontificating from your throne about the intelligence of other posters you don't approve of or agree with? Why not share the blessings of your wisdom with the unwashed masses?
It was nothing aimed at him personally. I've seen a lot worse posts than his in the last few days.

Maybe but TAKE 10 loses off his resume' because they belong SOLIDLY in Jokers column.
His first year record was identical to Jokers last. With the assumption being that he is a much better coach, he couldn't even manage a 1 game improvement?

So, I guess you agree that a game which means almost nothing is one of the top 5 in our history? We have an abysmal history, but I didn't realize it was that bad.
It may mean nothing to you. But to UK fans it's means a great deal. If UK wins the game it could be the springboard to special season. It's obvious you are just trolling on here and aren't a UK fan. A very bitter troll at that.

Just the fact that the streak has reached 30 games with Florida makes it potentially gigantic for Kentucky.

Yet also consider:

A Kentucky win and the Cats are off to a 4-0 start and a 2-0 start in Conference play.

It would be no fluke start either because this team is full of Juniors and Seniors all recruited by Stoops and they are dam good.

My point being that the fast start could build momentum and be carried out to Kentuckys first SEC East title.

Hell it may be the biggest regular season game ever for Kentucky.

I sure would like to hear about regular season games bigger than this one...

Please keep in mind Kentucky is undefeated before saying 2007 LSU....
You make some good points even though to an extent they are good points because of our lack of meaningful games over the past 50 or so years.

If we do pull this off it becomes more meaningful because of the next two games.There is no denying the opportunity this team has before them.Honestly I hope the moment isn't too big for them or the coaching staff.

Just for the sake of conversation the Penn St game in 1977 I think might be on the table for discussion as one of the biggest regular season games ever (as might a couple of others that year.)

Last edited:
Reactions: ram1955 and fabcat
It may mean nothing to you. But to UK fans it's means a great deal. If UK wins the game it could be the springboard to special season. It's obvious you are just trolling on here and aren't a UK fan. A very bitter troll at that.
Look dude, I still have my twin towers t shirt from the 1984 final four. I'm just tire of being grouped in with a bunch of newly found football fans who make the whole fan base look stupid. You don't make any points one way or the other. You sound like an air-headed cheerleader.

Look dude, I still have my twin towers t shirt from the 1984 final four. I'm just tire of being grouped in with a bunch of newly found football fans who make the whole fan base look stupid. You don't make any points one way or the other. You sound like an air-headed cheerleader.
Like a Bowie/Turpin tshirt has anything to do with football. Talk about being an brainless airhead. I was at Penn State in 1977 when UK won. I was in Knoxville in 1984 when UK beat UT. I was also at Commonwealth Stadium when UK last beat Florida in 1986. The only group you are in is the anti UK football trolls. Dude.

Like a Bowie/Turpin tshirt has anything to do with football. Talk about being an brainless airhead. I was at Penn State in 1977 when UK won. I was in Knoxville in 1984 when UK beat UT. I was also at Commonwealth Stadium when UK last beat Florida in 1986. The only group you are in is the anti UK football trolls. Dude.
IC there is one in every crowd. Thanks for taking up for me. This game is huge...After I did the research I was shocked to find that the Cats haven't been 4-0 and 2-0 in the SEC since the Bear and the Sugar Bowl winning team of 1950! That team was 4 points away from being National Champs!

Quite honestly, you sound like someone who has some personal issues going on. It's okay man. This message board is supposed to be a getaway from your horrible life.

3-0 has the trolls coming outta the woodwork.

Crazy that a simple question can ruffle the feathers of so many. Though, judging by who they are, it's predictable.

Reactions: UKUGA and WildcatDJ
The administration has been far more anti football than I .If you take a look at the games and dates you just listed, you'll notice that they are few and far between. The football program has always taken a back seat to the basketball program. Someone who appears to be deeply invested in the football program such as yourself, seems to be awfully willing to be suckered.

LOL at the bandwagon fans who apparently have been cheering for UK for about 5 minutes. Yeah it's a big game, no one is denying that, the hyperbole of one of the biggest games in program history against a team barely ranked in the top 25, with 10 guys suspended? No. We've hosted Gameday, we've hosted national champions, teams ranked #1. The history of UK football isn't quite as trash as some of you make it out to be and there were 3 bigger games in the 07 season alone than this one.

Reactions: Cat06
LOL at the bandwagon fans who apparently have been cheering for UK for about 5 minutes. Yeah it's a big game, no one is denying that, the hyperbole of one of the biggest games in program history against a team barely ranked in the top 25, with 10 guys suspended? No. We've hosted Gameday, we've hosted national champions, teams ranked #1. The history of UK football isn't quite as trash as some of you make it out to be and there were 3 bigger games in the 07 season alone than this one.
As to what this game could mean for the team in the short and long term of this season I doubt there were 3 such games in 2007.I understand that there have been several meaningful games over the years but this is a big one and has it's place among them.

Why can't people give their opinions without trashing others? I've never understood that.

Alas, Bowie and Turpin never won a NC, got embarassed in the FF, lost to MTSU in the NCAA's, but they were good dudes !

Why can't people give their opinions without trashing others? I've never understood that.
Why do you guys cry when someone comes at me at I go back at them? This just baffles me. I gave my opinion, Dacats86 came it me, am I not allowed to respond? What world do you guys come from that you expect to attack others with no response from them?

Why do you guys cry when someone comes at me at I go back at them? This just baffles me. I gave my opinion, Dacats86 came it me, am I not allowed to respond? What world do you guys come from that you expect to attack others with no response from them?
Dude, you are a real d-bag. If you hate ky so much go pull for the tards

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
You make some good points even though to an extent they are good points because of our lack of meaningful games over the past 50 or so years.

If we do pull this off it becomes more meaningful because of the next two games.There is no denying the opportunity this team has before them.Honestly I hope the moment isn't too big for them or the coaching staff.

Just for the sake of conversation the Penn St game in 1977 I think might be on the table for discussion as one of the biggest regular season games ever (as might a couple of others that year.)

I remember that game. Was it like 22-6 if I recall. I just remember is was a butt whipping. What a great team that one was.

Dude, you are a real d-bag. If you hate ky so much go pull for the tards
So by having the opinion that this isn't easily one of the biggest games in UK history, that makes me a d bag and a UK hater? This is what we're dealing with here. If you don't share the group opinion, they attack.

Whoa. Whoa. WHIOA! many just said that USCjr was the biggest game of Stoops career.
Now we are onto biggest game in UK history?
Did rick pitino slip in here?

Whoa. Whoa. WHIOA! many just said that USCjr was the biggest game of Stoops career.
Now we are onto biggest game in UK history?
Did rick pitino slip in here?
Ok let me try again:
Cats trying to go 4-0 and 2-0 in SEC for 1st time in 67 years. Nearly 70 years. 7 decades. 1950 Bear Bryant. To do that they will have to snap a 30 game losing streak to UF.
What's the prob bro?

No doubt this is a big game. IMO, the outcome will be the determining factor when we look back years from now.
For me, the biggest were (in no order)
Penn State
Alabama 97
UL 97 Mumme's first game. Of all the games, it gave me a glimpse of what Ky Football could look like. I'll never for get it.
LSU when they were #1
LSU when Art Still beat them single handedly.
If we could beat Florida...it would certainly be considered a big win.

Reactions: Big_Blue_Blaster
The administration has been far more anti football than I .If you take a look at the games and dates you just listed, you'll notice that they are few and far between. The football program has always taken a back seat to the basketball program. Someone who appears to be deeply invested in the football program such as yourself, seems to be awfully willing to be suckered.
I'm not suckered at all. I'm a UK fan of all their sports. Football. Basketball. Baseball. Etc. Therefore I relish success in all of the sports. You, on the other hand, prefer to tear down the current success of the football team and ridicule the fans. You are a bitter old man who isn't capable of tolerating the excitement of UK fans about the current football team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT