ADVERTISEMENT

Dusty May to Michigan

The word is Louisville thought they had him locked up then Michigan swooped in at the last minute and upped the money.

They had chairs set up in the Yum Center anticipating a presser tomorrow.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Has anyone called UCLA today and let them know Cal is available. They don't pay attention much out there and we can probably get the deal done before Barney and Cal find out.
Cal would fit in so good in California. Democrat state. He’s close friends with Bill Clinton. Take it Cal. You know you wanna live in LA and mingle with celebrities

I've been thinking for awhile it was gonna be Mussleman. Won't be a awful hire but UL thought for sure they were getting a homerun hire

U of L cheerleaders ERRRRRR I mean media members Bozich and Crawford seem to think Shaheen Holloway is now at the top of the list.

Louisville fans want Will Wade badly.

They'll end up with Kevin Keats or somebody like that.

UofL is one Rick Pitino hire away from being Indiana over the last 20 years.

They might make a run every once in a while, but they will never get close to being a blue blood, and their fans know it deep down.

UL Twitter space hosted by Drew Deener and others are discussing that Cal to UL could now be an option.

Unreal

Klutch! Indiana is so dumb for not poaching this dude. Woodson isn’t it either. He may flame out but I’d rather give that dude a shot than who they have chosen over the years.
I don't think Indiana can afford to fire Woodson right now. I believe they're still paying Archie Miller's buyout and their football coach had a massive buyout as well. To add Woodson's buyout plus May's salary on top of that is a big ask, even if Cuban is a booster.

I've said it a few times here today, but that exact scenario is what I'm worried about with Cal's replacement. Being stuck with someone because you already have too much buyout money to pay.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don't think Indiana can afford to fire Woodson right now. I believe they're still paying Archie Miller's buyout and their football coach had a massive buyout as well. To add Woodson's buyout plus May's salary on top of that is a big ask, even if Cuban is a booster.

I've said it a few times here today, but that exact scenario is what I'm worried about with Cal's replacement. Being stuck with someone because you already have too much buyout money to pay.
I believe that is the case as well, they would be paying 3 coaches. IU fans are always talking about how they have this NIL war chest so maybe they convince Cuban to buy him out.

My fear with Cal going to UL would be him hiring someone to actually coach just to “show us”

But he’s not going there and neither is anyone worth a hoot.

Reactions: Ugoff
If I had to pick a nickname for myself it would be dusty. Hey Dusty.

Or Sam.
I got the nickname Woodstock put on me when I was 13/14 by a dude in his mid-twenties. We had a weekly ballgame w/ rivals from the next town, and I was the kid of the group. One of my teammates got to calling me woodstock, which I was good with. Thought it was referring to the hippie rock festival, since I was always humming and singing. Come to find out, he was naming me after Snoopy's little bird friend because my hair was always sticking up off my head, like the bird. I leave the last part off, usually, when I tell this story...

This was what I was talking about yesterday. Some mentioned that a place like Michigan would take Cal, AND pay him a nice salary.. and I'm just not sure we'd be that lucky. Michigan was mentioned as an option and it appears they didn't even think twice about Cal.

In a perfect world, someone takes him off our hands and we don't need to deal eith the buyout. But I just don't see it. The same issues we've all seen with Cal the last few years are surely seen by these athletic departments.

• Sad
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT