ADVERTISEMENT

Dunk contest; why only guards?

I was wondering that myself. Part of me wonders if maybe these guys aren't as athletic as we're used to. That's fine, but it is something I noticed. I'm by no means an evaluator of talent, so take that with a hefty pinch of salt.

Chandler has some violent athleticism, though. I was happy to see that on display. Dude can throw it down.

I was wondering that myself. Part of me wonders if maybe these guys aren't as athletic as we're used to. That's fine, but it is something I noticed. I'm by no means an evaluator of talent, so take that with a hefty pinch of salt.

Chandler has some violent athleticism, though. I was happy to see that on display. Dude can throw it down.
Chandler has hops and remember he’s still not fully reintegrated to a full schedule since he was on mission. If that’s his hops after being sidelined for a couple years…..👀👀👀👀

I assumed it was just whoever felt like preparing a specific dunk or dunks with high style points appropriate for the competition. Not a doubt in my mind we are going to see some great flushes from Williams, Garrison, Almonor, and Carr this year, especially with this confusing, floor-spreading offense.

I would guess it’s a timing thing too. They did a really good job with a plan and switching from event to event pretty quick..little down time. 2 guys was a good amount not to bog down the rhythm and the night.

I would guess it’s a timing thing too. They did a really good job with then men of having a plan and switching from event to event pretty quick..little down time. 2 guys was a good amount not to bog down the rhythm and the night.
Yeah especially since we had like four dudes doing the 3 pt contest. Dunk contests are fun, but they can get stale quick. Especially when dudes are trying to do dunks above their level and you just get miss after miss. Gets a little boring.

Man if Lamont could’ve nailed that one between his legs. Rupp would’ve exploded

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT