Knox 5star Trent 5star
Washington 5star Bagley 5star
Skj 5star Carter 5star

Bench: Sga 4star Bench: Bolden 5star
Baker 4star Delaurier 4star
Vando 5star Tucker 4star
Gabriel 5star Vrank 3tar
Richards 5star Oconnell 4star

they will start 4 freshman and a senior...we will start 4 freshman and a sophmore...it will come down to coaching and what each bench can do. im taking our team of course. But Duke will start out 1 because of Bagley rating 99. Espn never put Diallo in the rankings after he reclassified, i thought he would be top 10. Espn bias sometimes.
You forgot Higgins hes a veteran five star

People place too much emphasis on how many "stars" a player was rated. There are lots of 5* players who were busts, and lots of 4* & even 3* players who became stars. But I do recognize that with FR you really don't have anything else to base them (yet).

I think Duke will likely start 4 FR & 1 SR, and we will probably start 4-5 FR.
That is pretty even.

Duke returns an experienced SR, and 3 not very experienced SOPHs that could contribute.
We return an experienced SOPH and 1-2 inexperienced SOPHs who could contribute.
Pretty close, but slight edge Duke.

Top 5 (not necessarily starters, but best 5 players)
Duke's top 5 will be Allen, Bagley, Carter, Duval, Trent
Our top 5 (tougher to order) may be Washington, Knox, Diallo, Vanderbilt, Gabriel.
I have to give Duke the edge here.

Duke's next 5 are Bolden, DeLaurier, Tucker, Vrankovic, O'Connell
Our next 5 are Vanderbilt, Green, Richards, SGA, SKJ.
I think we have a big advantage here, although this isn't as important as the Top 5.
I see Bolden (probably their 6th best player close to SKJ or Wynyard, our 10th & 11th best players. So we are in much better shape in dealing with an injury or foul trouble.
do you think there starting 5 head and shoulders above uk starting 5? i believe our bench is way better.

Just FYI.

Based on composite rankings only:

Bagley(1) > Diallo(10)
Duval(6) > Knox(11)
Carter(7) > Vanderbilt(12)
Bolden(15) < Gabriel(14)
Trent(17) < Washington(15)
Allen(25) < Richards(18)
DeLaurier(39) < Killeya-Jones(23)
O'Connell(68) < Green(26)
Tucker(84) < Gilgeous-Alexander(31)

Just FYI.

Based on composite rankings only:

Bagley(1) > Diallo(10)
Duval(6) > Knox(11)
Carter(7) > Vanderbilt(12)
Bolden(15) < Gabriel(14)
Trent(17) < Washington(15)
Allen(25) < Richards(18)
DeLaurier(39) < Killeya-Jones(23)
O'Connell(68) < Green(26)
Tucker(84) < Gilgeous-Alexander(31)
so we got 6 guys who were ranked higher, again why duke is so much better?

so we got 6 guys who were ranked higher, again why duke is so much better?

I don't think duke is head and shoulders better than us, but for starters Grayson Allen "loses" to Nick Richards according to the rankings..I don't think anyone should expect Richards to be as good or better than Allen next season. Not to mention the flaws in straight comparisons of individual players based solely on rankings.

i like better overall depth, last year we was lacking overall talented depth and the year with murray...our 2014 15 teams had depth like we do this yr we just always missed a player due to injury like cauley stein and poythress
Depth wasn't the problem in any of those years.

They have the best returning player by far on either team, and they have the best pro prospect of either team. We'll see what happens but I don't have a problem with people saying they are better.

Put me in the group that would rather have the top end talent. Depth is overrated in college. You have a good 7 or 8 guys that is plenty.

They're the best going into the season. Obviously they could have chemistry issues or injuries but getting Duval and Bagely allowed them to go from question marks to final four or bust.

You can give credit to Duke and still respect what UK has coming in. We all know the best team on paper doesn't always win. You can hate Duke all you want but it's foolish to try and talk yourself into "thinking" their not loaded next yr

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Duke has more experience and will probably start 4 freshmen? Uh, no and the star power is a wash imho
I really don't understand the panic over Bagley signing with Duke just because of this. They will still start four freshmen which guarantees absolutely nothing. They actually had a lot more talent last season and still couldn't win. Everyone needs to stop paying attention to ESPN and their biased predictions.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I don't think duke is head and shoulders better than us, but for starters Grayson Allen "loses" to Nick Richards according to the rankings..I don't think anyone should expect Richards to be as good or better than Allen next season. Not to mention the flaws in straight comparisons of individual players based solely on rankings.
They have talent but it's not a huge gap as is being portrayed by the media. I find it hard to believe that everyone is overlooking Michigan State and Arizona for a team with four starters that have yet to play a college game.

Duke has more experience and will probably start 4 freshmen? Uh, no and the star power is a wash imho
We may start 5 freshman. None of our returnees have shown they can be the level of player Allen is. Bagley is definitely the most highly regarded player in this high school class.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
The Champions Classic is gonna be :fire: this year. Four of the top five teams in the country, IMO. Those four and Arizona would be my top five. We should get a pretty good idea of how these teams stack up then. Still wouldn't trade rosters with any team in the country. Cal finally has a couple true SFs. We all know what transpired the last time he had a couple of those. :popcorn:

Reactions: blubo
D
UK lineup and bench Duke lineup and bench

Green 5star Duval 5star
Diallo 5tar Allen 5star
Knox 5star Trent 5star
Washington 5star Bagley 5star
Skj 5star Carter 5star

Bench: Sga 4star Bench: Bolden 5star
Baker 4star Delaurier 4star
Vando 5star Tucker 4star
Gabriel 5star Vrank 3tar
Richards 5star Oconnell 4star

they will start 4 freshman and a senior...we will start 4 freshman and a sophmore...it will come down to coaching and what each bench can do. im taking our team of course. But Duke will start out 1 because of Bagley rating 99. Espn never put Diallo in the rankings after he reclassified, i thought he would be top 10. Espn bias sometimes.
Duke has more talent. That doesn't mean they have a better team.

Reactions: crpoore
D

Duke has more talent. That doesn't mean they have a better team.
As we all know, freshman talent doesn't automatically equal success. You're still dealing with kids that were in high school a year ago. Too many variables to declare a freshman laden team No. 1 in the nation. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Duke has more experience. Grayson Allen is more than UK has. Fact. Idk how you can say star power is a wash but sure if you wanna think that although I say no way.

Duke has more experience. Grayson Allen is more than UK has. Fact. Idk how you can say star power is a wash but sure if you wanna think that although I say no way.

Cmon man, there was a reason everyone was happy Grayson was the one that returned this year.
He ran off Frank Jackson and has shown over the last two years to be a hot fu**ing mess.
Is he talented...sure. But count me as happy he is the one returner on splinters youngest team ever.
And I still ain't sold on duval/Trent having to replace jones/kennard/Jackson.
If that rat didn't get bagley so late they were in trouble this year.
Still take our roster.

ADVERTISEMENT