ADVERTISEMENT

Does undrafted DJ Burns have a chance to stick in the NBA?

I could see a team valuing him just for specific situations and matchups. Could stick around because of that

Does anyone remember Troy Escalade Jackson for Louisville? Also another big boy in Robert Tractor Traylor. Rest in peace big boys.

robert-traylor1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Don’t remember Escalade, but guys like Traylor and Miller had a bit of athleticism despite their girth. Burns is way more of a methodical player who needs to pound the ball to get to his spot. Would have had a better chance of sticking back in the 90s.

I doubt it but I wish him luck. His smile is infectious.
Me too, plus he’s getting in so much better shape, he’s actually very skilled for his size and has great touch. I don’t think he shoots well enough, or can defend multiple positions though. If he rebounds and teams need size to counter act some of the new big guys coming around now he could have a spot though.

Don’t remember Escalade, but guys like Traylor and Miller had a bit of athleticism despite their girth. Burns is way more of a methodical player who needs to pound the ball to get to his spot. Would have had a better chance of sticking back in the 90s.
Escalade was awesome, played for UofL and was one of the early And 1 players when they exploded.

Reactions: will1976
If Oliver Miller could play all those years, Burns can too. It just depends on what type of situation he finds himself in.
Different game now but I’ve noticed a trend of teams starting to get bigger post guys recently. They aren’t big plodding guys but he could stick around to defend and rebound. He has great touch inside. He needs to keep getting in shape to guard better and work on his jumper.

Different game now but I’ve noticed a trend of teams starting to get bigger post guys recently. They aren’t big plodding guys but he could stick around to defend and rebound. He has great touch inside. He needs to keep getting in shape to guard better and work on his jumper.
Meanwhile, Cal looks to put THESE guys under the basket:

This is your guy begging for the ball.

Reaction GIF

This is the same guy after he receives the pass.

Fire Explosion GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT