ADVERTISEMENT

Does UL really deserve a top 25 ranking?

RogerIndy

Sophomore
Sep 2, 2002
We have beaten them 5 years in a row (not counting COVID year when we didn't play), and none of them were close. Have they really come back now with Brohm? (I think that his name). I never understand the writer's love of Louisville.

• Haha
Reactions: rockycard
They have a good team and should do well with their schedule, they were ranked last year so I guess that helps. Not saying you but too many people get caught up in the rankings early in the season and it’s hard for anyone to know about most teams who play a bunch of scrubs. We’ll find out more about ours earlier than most on Sat but as of now my only concern about UL is at the end of Nov in Commonwealth.

Reactions: Haggin_Hall_1983
A3BA1448-DF7A-4F17-9322-EB3534E25172-481.gif

They can do less than any team and be ranked, how, I don't know. It seems like the pollsters want them to be ranked, so they go ahead and rank them regardless of who they play.

Wouldn't it be fun to dash their playoff hopes if they are in consideration for that at the end of the year? Hopefully we have playoff hopes on the line too. Would make that game HUUUUGE!

Short answer, of course not. But their schedule is a damn breeze, AGAIN. But we will beat them AGAIN so they can be ranked whatever they want we are miles ahead of their program.

VA Tech was considered a dark horse to win their conference yet they lost to VANDY 🤣

Our schedule they go 6-6 this year

Reactions: backinky2018
Games from 5 years ago are irrelevant in relation to this year.

They beat an FCS by 60. They looked good and did what they were supposed to do. They get the benefit of the doubt because they stacked wins last year. That's important to voters.

We beat a low level FBS team 31-0 in about a half. We looked good and did what we were supposed to do. Plus, we beat uofl last year.

I would say we should be ranked even with what's happened in week 1 in voter's eyes.

Unfortunately, next week, they play another poor opponent and will win by a ton. We will play an SEC school and should win.

Two wins against 2 FBS teams, 1 being SEC should push us up above a 2 win uofl against 2 bad opponents, but voters won't care.

A lot of voters use tradition or last year's results in early season voting. They also don't like to be wrong which is why some teams keep losing but remain in the polls.

We have beaten them 5 years in a row (not counting COVID year when we didn't play), and none of them were close. Have they really come back now with Brohm? (I think that his name). I never understand the writer's love of Louisville.
They are definitely a top 25 team. Well coached- and the quarterback they got from Texas Tech will put up big numbers, provided that he can stay healthy- and he has never been able to avoid injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT