ADVERTISEMENT

Does KSR pay Tom Hart?

BigBlueRick

Freshman
Jan 3, 2017
The emergence of Tom Hart as a promoter of KSR has not been subtle. His method of delivering fan Easter eggs, however, has been, and I think it’s a brilliant marketing move by Matt Jones. Not only are there references to jokes made on the show, but even small town business who have ads on KSR have been plugged into the broadcast. I don’t know if he’s paying Tom Hart but regardless, I think Matt got super lucky.

(Nice win by the cats last night. Really exciting season coming)

Reactions: ryanbruner
I don’t think ESPN would allow Tom Hart make money on the side doing their board casts.
I believe Hart is a friend of the show and just spark interest into BBN doing his play by play announcing.

Reactions: UKDC80
The emergence of Tom Hart as a promoter of KSR has not been subtle. His method of delivering fan Easter eggs, however, has been, and I think it’s a brilliant marketing move by Matt Jones. Not only are there references to jokes made on the show, but even small town business who have ads on KSR have been plugged into the broadcast. I don’t know if he’s paying Tom Hart but regardless, I think Matt got super lucky.

(Nice win by the cats last night. Really exciting season coming)
Nobody knows the references are there unless they already listen to KSR.

I think he's a fan of UK and respects the fan base and has become legitimate friends with the KSR crew. Hart has fun with it.

I think he's a fan of UK and respects the fan base and has become legitimate friends with the KSR crew. Hart has fun with it.
Yep. He hung out with them in the Bahamas last summer and has been part of the KSR family since.

He's a friend of the show. He makes vague references but he does a good job of keeping it low profile so it doesn't bother me much. It's kind of funny at times because Jordan Rogers isn't in on it at and at times is like "what the hell are you talking about". I can do with out it since I just care about the game but like I said he does it in a very low profile way. Most of the people watching the broadcast probably aren't even aware that they are KSR references.

BREAKING: Mitch McConnell's office asking ESPN to remove Tom Hart from all broadcasts.
giphy.gif

Reactions: AustinTXCat
They probably let him eat for free or a discount but they are friends ever since the summer trip last year.

Its really nice to have some commentators that seem friendly with UK .... Not as good as Conley and Hammond but having Hart and Kennedy is fun too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT