ADVERTISEMENT

Does Kentucky Basketball Have an Official YouTube Channel?

Mr_GG

Sophomore
Oct 11, 2016
I'm mainly asking because I fairly regularly get updates from Duke's Youtube channel now. Videos on Duke's channel used to get less than 10k views per video, but it has really started to blow up the last few months. Just this past month, they have had 5 videos with over 100k views per video. Their channel has around 90k subscribers. The videos are pretty professionally edited, and they have a video released last week of one of their practices (which, I thought was a NCAA violation...but it's Duke).

It seems like a missed opportunity for Kentucky to not have a YouTube channel like that. It would be a great recruiting tool, and a great way for fans to get to know players better.

I'm mainly asking because I fairly regularly get updates from Duke's Youtube channel now. Videos on Duke's channel used to get less than 10k views per video, but it has really started to blow up the last few months. Just this past month, they have had 5 videos with over 100k views per video. Their channel has around 90k subscribers. The videos are pretty professionally edited, and they have a video released last week of one of their practices (which, I thought was a NCAA violation...but it's Duke).

It seems like a missed opportunity for Kentucky to not have a YouTube channel like that. It would be a great recruiting tool, and a great way for fans to get to know players better.
Where do you think dook got the idea from lol

Reactions: Mr_GG
No offense, because you’re probably a great guy.

I just love the idea that someone would type all of that before searching “Kentucky basketball” in the YouTube channel search bar

No offense, because you’re probably a great guy.

I just love the idea that someone would type all of that before searching “Kentucky basketball” in the YouTube channel search bar

I did search for it in YT. Nothing came up for me. Also, the channel that spamburger recommended me is a channel for all UK athletics. My question was more directed towards a basketball specific channel. I did not see one UK basketball video uploaded since Big Blue Madness, and instead, there are multiple videos of the UK's women's golf team.

Duke's channel has double the subscribers, much more viewed, and the editing is much better. I just wish Kentucky had a channel dedicated completely to basketball with multiple uploads a week.

Btw, that is a great username lol

Reactions: anon_dge1vx8o0wnm7
I did search for it in YT. Nothing came up for me. Also, the channel that spamburger recommended me is a channel for all UK athletics. My question was more directed towards a basketball specific channel. I did not see one UK basketball video uploaded since Big Blue Madness, and instead, there are multiple videos of the UK's women's golf team.

Duke's channel has double the subscribers, much more viewed, and the editing is much better. I just wish Kentucky had a channel dedicated completely to basketball with multiple uploads a week.

Btw, that is a great username lol
I agree that we should have one. Seems like a missed opportunity, given that kids watch YouTube instead of tv now. If Duke is doing it well, we ought to do it better. They take everything else they do from us, so why not!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT