ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone truly believe that...

EvilMD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2003
A) Pitino didn't know everything
B) Coaches of other programs weren't aware, as well as probably the entire football program AND most of the other athletes on campus
C) other prostitutes in the downtown area didn't know, and spread word to their friends and associates, including men who paid for their services.

I was at UK when the scandal hit in 1988. I knew about the Eric Manuel thing before it made the news. U of L wants us to believe that even though another assistant cracked jokes about players not performing well in practice, this was some big hush hush secret that Pitino didn't know anything about? I bet everyone who lived at that dorm knew what was going on. And they told their friends, who told their friends, who told their friends....

Last edited:
That's their story, and they are sticking to it...

Of course they knew, I will bet the farm on it.

Getting him or any other up the level to admit it will be impossible.

Rick knew if a anything was broken in Minardi Hall, but he didn't know about the dorm being turned into Deja Vu every time recruits were in town? Okay.

Reactions: playmorezeppelin
I find it next to impossible to believe "someone" didn't know high up in the athletic department about many things going on, this being the center of them all.
I bleed blue but my favorite color is gr$$n.
I hope someday I can share a story I have from a personal conversation I had with someone involved in all this.
Until the, I sit back and wait till the day I hear this name mentioned and it that day ever comes, look the F out.

Reactions: JDHoss
Jurich was the mastermind and funded it, and yes Pitino knew. How else do you compete with Cal?

Last edited:
Reactions: shep21754
I just shake my head when people go with the Pitino didn't know route. Lets say he really didn't know, how does that excuse what happened? Your head coach had no clue what his players were doing for 4 years, especially a coach who claims to always know what's going on. So even if Pitino truly didn't know, I don't see how that would change the punishment one bit. I remember Cal once said, as a coach, we are responsible for everything our program does.

I personally think Pitino had some knowledge that something was going on, but kind of chose to just ignore it.

Reactions: letitrainuk
I am not saying Pitino is lying I am just saying he is not telling the truth. What I am sick of is all of the UL fans, former players and your every day dumbass believes none of this crap happened. I am tired of hearing about it, much like I am tired of all of BS and lies coming out of the White House these days.

I am not saying Pitino is lying I am just saying he is not telling the truth. What I am sick of is all of the UL fans, former players and your every day dumbass believes none of this crap happened. I am tired of hearing about it, much like I am tired of all of BS and lies coming out of the White House these days.
Did you really have to end it that way?

Reactions: KFuqua and Ugoff
Jurich was the mastermind and funded it, and yes Pitino knew. How else do you compete with Cal?
This. I have said this several times. Pimptino knew. He knew it all- he chose to ignore it because he was blinded by his desire to be competitive with Cal. He already proved he has no moral compass by screwing a bimbo on a restaurant table and paying for her abortion.

Reactions: cawoodsct
As opposed to the lies and bs coming out of Hussein's White House for 8 years?

I find it next to impossible to believe "someone" didn't know high up in the athletic department about many things going on, this being the center of them all.
I hope someday I can share a story I have from a personal conversation I had with someone involved in all this.
Until the, I sit back and wait till the day I hear this name mentioned and it that day ever comes, look the F out.
Cmon man don't leave me hanging. Throw a bone. Who?

Aw c'mon fart, we won't tell anyone.

I don't care what he says. Those banners are down and he lost 4 years of wins over this.

If people in that fan base are weak where they want him to stay then that is on them. Most likely they will never read what he has to say.

Nope ain't gonna fall for it nope, it's a lie, they all knew, he probably had performance reports of how each player and recruit did with the so called party planners[roll]

If Rick wasn't the World Heavyweight Champion Spin-Master Liar, then I might believe that Hookers could service his recruits and players for 4 years in the Dorm without him knowing about it.

Pardon me...I can't stop laughing...

Go on.....

Reactions: shep21754
ouch_zpsw9b37mxf.gif

I believe that they didn't want to know and stayed away from knowing everything so they could say they didn't know.
Hard to imagine something like that going on and those involved keeping all hush hush.

UL=Obama White House, draw your own conclusion.

I bet everyone who lived at that dorm knew what was going on. And they told their friends, who told their friends, who told their friends....
[thumb2]

B) Petrino wasn't aware, as well as the entire football program AND most of the other athletes on campus
C) other prostitutes in the downtown area didn't know, and spread word to their friends and associates, including men who paid for their services.

I was at UK when the scandal hit in 1988. I knew about the Eric Manuel thing before it made the news. U of L wants us to believe that even though another assistant cracked jokes about players not performing well in practice, this was some big hush hush secret that Pitino didn't know anything about? I bet everyone who lived at that dorm knew what was going on. And they told their friends, who told their friends, who told their friends....

Petrino was coaching in Arkansas and Bowling Green when all this went down. Real stretch to implicate him.

Petrino was coaching in Arkansas and Bowling Green when all this went down. Real stretch to implicate him.

Good point. Then Charlie knew. Which would explain why the football team has not been sucked up into this mess. But I bet everyone on the team heard rumors.

B) Petrino wasn't aware, as well as the entire football program AND most of the other athletes on campus

Actually Chris Mills and Manuel

The NCAA rule change holding coaches responsible whether they know or not means RP gets punished either way.

IMHO he actually got off light. And McGee skated completely on committing an actual crime!

At this point it's all show, to try and save the banners for both UL & RP.

I believe that Pitino DIDN'T WANT to know the details and figured that would relieve him of responsibility...

I ABSOLUTELY believe that he knew about the parties and what went on, but didn't know the details specifically.

He's just narcissistically splitting hairs.

Reactions: sefus12
IMO, UL lost their title because of Pitinos blatant lies. He had to know something, and the NCAA knew it but they couldn't prove it. Even if Pitino said he knew something was up, I believe they keep the title. I feel like stripping the title was a direct punishment to Rick.

According to Powell, it was a dorm-wide party rather than confined to a couple rooms. If it happened ONCE, everyone would know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT