ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone remember rumors re: Mickie Demoss departure?

Jan 25, 2024
The WBB thread earlier sent me down the Pat Summit/Geno feud rabbit hole earlier, and of course that led me to vol forums. When discussing whether Mickie might replace Holly, it was suggested that Mickie got in hot water for sleeping with a booster while at UK and was essentially forced out by UKAD.

Does anyone remember this? I can’t recall hearing anything like that. Keep in mind, Pat ended the UConn series because geno was telling parents that Pat and holly were turning players gay. When pats son Tyler got a player pregnant with LaTech, Mickie was his asst. Blurred lines around appropriate sexual behavior were the norm for Mickie in her career, so it would make sense lines were crossed in Lexington as well.

VolNation comments on Mickie

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
The rumor I always heard was it was players...Specifically, I can't remember her name but there was an attractive blond haired guard that was rumored to have been caught in flagrante with Demoss.
Wow I can’t believe I never heard this. I used to spend a lot of time trolling the radio shows in Knoxville about Pat and Holly, this would have been juicy. I grew up around the children of some former Lady Vols and I’ve been to a couple pool parties at pats house. Needless to say it was a constant comingling of fit young women and aging lesbian athletic administrators. I will go to my grave believing all the rumors about pt were true. Too many pretty girls came out of her program ready to be in a Subaru commercial for there to be nothing there.

Wow I can’t believe I never heard this. I used to spend a lot of time trolling the radio shows in Knoxville about Pat and Holly, this would have been juicy. I grew up around the children of some former Lady Vols and I’ve been to a couple pool parties at pats house. Needless to say it was a constant comingling of fit young women and aging lesbian athletic administrators. I will go to my grave believing all the rumors about pt were true. Too many pretty girls came out of her program ready to be in a Subaru commercial for there to be nothing there.
Subaru commercial, classic

I had always heard it was Mickie and a prominent booster's wife.

That is pure speculation with nothing to back it up.

Reactions: catman15
The rumor I always heard was it was players...Specifically, I can't remember her name but there was an attractive blond haired guard that was rumored to have been caught in flagrante with Demoss.
That blonde was very attractive. Don't remember her name but UK went on off season trip and they put pictures of her in her bikini on their website. It was gone in a few days. Soon after the girl was gone, rumors were she was caught in the opponents' hotel room night before game.

I forgot about this person. She was here during the tubby years. More of a good assistant but not a good head coach.

If it was something illegal it would have been announced. That leaves something not criminal but still
unethical. That narrows it down...

I’m guessing the blonde you all are talking about is Angela Phillips.
It was. And she is still very attractive. She’s a coach now. Angela Phillips Wright.

I have no idea if the rumor about her and Demoss was true but that’s what I heard. I do some work with a couple players from that time period. Maybe I should ask them.

Reactions: BigE_44
The height of irony would be Geno accusing someone else of turning players gay as many as he had. Bird, Stewart come to mind.

Bernadette Locke Maddox was always a mystery to me. Seemed good enough to be on Pitino’s coaching staff, yet couldn’t get the women’s team to be successful

IIRC...anthony munoz was very concerned about that “culture“ with his daughter at UT
He should have been far more worried about his son and that "culture" of shitbaggery that has permeated their football program for decades. His daughter? I guess that "culture" didn't affect her...
R.13a33e391a6312298f83c1aa22a826c2

Reactions: jameslee32
He should have been far more worried about his son and that "culture" of shitbaggery that has permeated their football program for decades. His daughter? I guess that "culture" didn't affect her...
R.13a33e391a6312298f83c1aa22a826c2
There were rumors about UT womens bball for yrs. Maybe Pat’s son didn’t fall too far from the tree with what he did at La Tech

Reactions: BigE_44
Bernadette Locke Maddox was always a mystery to me. Seemed good enough to be on Pitino’s coaching staff, yet couldn’t get the women’s team to be successful
Women’s basketball is 90% recruiting. You get outside of the top 100-150 high school players, you really don’t have much. ..Definitely not enough to compete in the SEC, night in and night out . There’s no such thing as a 1990 Kentucky and Rick P with womens bball , where are you pound people into shape and drastically overachieve. There’s no ‘Hoosiers ‘ either

There were rumors about UT womens bball for yrs. Maybe Pat’s son didn’t fall too far from the tree with what he did at La Tech
It’s absolutely not a coincidence that her 2 closest disciples got their own programs and immediately felt comfortable sleeping with players. Pat Summit and the militant lesbians who ran the UTWAD are the great untold (and perhaps untouchable) story of the me too era.

Since the timeless Rupps rafter chorus of “trolls” is playing, I’ll bite- I’m a wildcat who’s spent most of his life in exile in Knoxville. I am a troll, but I mostly enjoy confronting old women about how Pat summit was really a sleazeball, so unless you guys get sensitive about her I don’t think you’ll mind my brand of trolling lmao. The closest I come to being a vol fan is my admiration for my late friend Johnny Majors. I don’t think he ever spoke about it much, but he grew up rooting for Kentucky basketball and always kept up with the cats. We spoke often during the early cal years and he always wanted talk about the game or some old legend no one remembered. I can’t wrap my head around being a fan of Kentucky and Tennessee and I don’t think I’d show anyone else this kind mercy, but I was just excited to have King Johnny on our side so I didn’t give him any grief for it.

I really appreciate the responses here, with Kelly Jolly getting axed a question this week there have been a couple stories hinting at the mysterious exit for Mickie way back in so i had to stop back and check in.

Go cats, fire cal

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Women’s basketball is 90% recruiting. You get outside of the top 100-150 high school players, you really don’t have much. ..Definitely not enough to compete in the SEC, night in and night out . There’s no such thing as a 1990 Kentucky and Rick P with womens bball , where are you pound people into shape and drastically overachieve. There’s no ‘Hoosiers ‘ either
I bet, I’ve seen some of the women’s high school talent in my area and it’s not the best quality, where as the boys team you could see a couple from every school that has a chance to play some level in college. It’s night and day the talent gap.

Unfortunately this culture is far to prevalent in Women’s basketball and undo pressure is placed on the ladies who don’t want to participate and rampant sexual harassment and abuse occurs but for the most part girls are too embarrassed or afraid to report it. I have personally counseled a young lady who as a freshman basketball player at a small private college in central Ky was sexually assaulted by a teammate. She left after 1 semester quit basketball and never reported it because she and her family didn’t want the public embarrassment.

Last edited:
It’s absolutely not a coincidence that her 2 closest disciples got their own programs and immediately felt comfortable sleeping with players. Pat Summit and the militant lesbians who ran the UTWAD are the great untold (and perhaps untouchable) story of the me too era.

Since the timeless Rupps rafter chorus of “trolls” is playing, I’ll bite- I’m a wildcat who’s spent most of his life in exile in Knoxville. I am a troll, but I mostly enjoy confronting old women about how Pat summit was really a sleazeball, so unless you guys get sensitive about her I don’t think you’ll mind my brand of trolling lmao. The closest I come to being a vol fan is my admiration for my late friend Johnny Majors. I don’t think he ever spoke about it much, but he grew up rooting for Kentucky basketball and always kept up with the cats. We spoke often during the early cal years and he always wanted talk about the game or some old legend no one remembered. I can’t wrap my head around being a fan of Kentucky and Tennessee and I don’t think I’d show anyone else this kind mercy, but I was just excited to have King Johnny on our side so I didn’t give him any grief for it.

I really appreciate the responses here, with Kelly Jolly getting axed a question this week there have been a couple stories hinting at the mysterious exit for Mickie way back in so i had to stop back and check in.

Go cats, fire cal
There’s been stories of pool parties at Summit’s home forever …mostly when she was a younger woman in the 80’s and into the 90’s . I’m surprised it never surfaced during the teeth of ‘me too’ . Cosby was more untouchable than her , you’d think

There’s been stories of pool parties at Summit’s home forever …mostly when she was a younger woman in the 80’s and into the 90’s . I’m surprised it never surfaced during the teeth of ‘me too’ . Cosby was more untouchable than her , you’d think
I grew up around a lot of former lady vols and I’ve been to Pat’s pool parties, though I’m sure they were the more tame outings. It’s exactly what you expect- a bunch of women who look like your gym teacher hanging out in the hot tub and day drinking with college girls. Never saw anything truly inappropriate, just creepy and off putting lol

Reactions: Jjohnb5393
Sorry bud. Too bad you had to find out like this. 😂😂
Wifey reply to inquiry… “I drive an Outback, the ones you’re talking about drive Forester’s”…
Still doesn’t explain her bestie growing up in East TN having UT Lady Vol memorabilia ALL over her house SMFH🤦‍♂️….

• Haha
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT