ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone here have an Icon golf cart?

Creed Bratton

All-American
May 31, 2018
Lex Town
I have a Yamaha gas cart I use to play golf but we are looking to purchase a 2nd one. We have a campsite we rent by the year and want one to leave there at the campground. They are reasonably priced but I am just not sure about buying one of the non big 3 brands.

Confused Where Are You GIF

Several neighbors have them. More street legal type of cart. Can load them up with a lot of cool stuff. Basically all Chinese parts assembled in the US. Evolution and others the same. Bintelli has cool carts as well, but again, Chinese parts assembled in Charleston SC. We bought a ClubCar after looking at about everything out there. Been around a long time so a tested/trusted brand. Depending who you talk to, it’s probably the best electric cart. EZ Go does not have an aluminum body so more prone to rust. Yamaha is the best gas cart.

Yes, about everything now has Chinese parts. Some have more than others.

What did you go with? Any thoughts/research on the Evolution?
I bought an EZ Go Valor. It's a 2022 model but the guy who bought it hadn't driven it much because his wife thought it was too loud. They traded it back in on a electric one. It had been used so little that it still had the nobs on the tires. I like it okay but it does have a very stiff ride IMO.

I did test drive the Icon and Evolution. To be honest if the seats didn't set like a slab of concrete I would have probably bought an Icon and if the Evolution didn't have a bunch of electrical stuff like push button start, a 10 infotainment center and speaker I may have even considered it. The Evolution drove the best of all we tested. I wanted it just for golf and for my daughters golf tournaments and hauling it in the rain with all those electrical gadgets just didn't seem like a good idea long term. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Get Bucket$
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT