ADVERTISEMENT

Does Adou need glasses?

One would hope every UK scholarship athlete has his eyes checked at least twice a year.
Contacts the way to go!

Two quick stories.
When I was a SR in HS I finally got my eyes tested. I had 20/60 vision. My JR year when my catcher gave me 1-finger or 2-fingers when calling pitches (I was a pitcher), I often just guess what he was giving.

30+ years later, my son is trying out for his HS baseball team, so everyone in any sport is now required to have a sports physical. My Dr which specializes in sports medicine, has an all-day sports physical day, they were running kids though like an assembly line. We were at the Vision test station, and the teen-girl in line in front of my son is doing the eye test. She couldn't even see the LARGEST letter, she had like 20-400 vision and they (her adopted parents) didn't even know. Her and her sister had just been adopted from eastern Europe.

Reactions: CatsDomain
7UsuoW0JBn4SVmKVcSPpDvvKmuo=.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Wonky and CatPhight
I don't know...but based upon the way he missed three point blank layups at the rim in a row, I would maybe venture to say it wouldn't hurt to get some, or get his prescription adjusted.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Contacts the way to go!

Two quick stories.
When I was a SR in HS I finally got my eyes tested. I had 20/60 vision. My JR year when my catcher gave me 1-finger or 2-fingers when calling pitches (I was a pitcher), I often just guess what he was giving.

30+ years later, my son is trying out for his HS baseball team, so everyone in any sport is now required to have a sports physical. My Dr which specializes in sports medicine, has an all-day sports physical day, they were running kids though like an assembly line. We were at the Vision test station, and the teen-girl in line in front of my son is doing the eye test. She couldn't even see the LARGEST letter, she had like 20-400 vision and they (her adopted parents) didn't even know. Her and her sister had just been adopted from eastern Europe.
Wow... 20/60 you can get by (not great for hunting, or batting, though...)

But 20/400 and the world passes you by....

Great stories...

He is a person that sweats a bunch on the floor. Squinting helps with sweat getting in the eyes. I know from experience. I have squinted my whole life and have had 20/20 vision and sweat a ton in athletic events. Playing against me was hard due to the amount of sweat, friends in practice described it as slim, I could slide right off a defender for a hook or scoop at the rim. I would have to change jersey at half time typically. Anyway sweat band would be soaked within the first 3 minutes of game time and would drip right in my eyes. I went buzz top hair, still sweat pouring off me, i did longer hair and it did not help.

Adou is not that bad but 2 trips down the court and his forehead drips with sweat.

Reactions: CatsDomain
He is a person that sweats a bunch on the floor. Squinting helps with sweat getting in the eyes. I know from experience. I have squinted my whole life and have had 20/20 vision and sweat a ton in athletic events. Playing against me was hard due to the amount of sweat, friends in practice described it as slim, I could slide right off a defender for a hook or scoop at the rim. I would have to change jersey at half time typically. Anyway sweat band would be soaked within the first 3 minutes of game time and would drip right in my eyes. I went buzz top hair, still sweat pouring off me, i did longer hair and it did not help.

Adou is not that bad but 2 trips down the court and his forehead drips with sweat.
I’m the same way. Guys hated guarding me. I start sweating even looking at a flight of stairs

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk and UK90
Oscar was nearly blind while here. Didn’t get his eyes checked and glasses until the G league.
Didn't Cal basically say he relies on the guys saying something? They don't actually check them?

Kinda f'n stupid if we don't check them if you ask me. Way too much relying on guys vision and depth perception.

Robbie Avila plays for Indiana State and he is a very good player. Prescription Goggles don't seem to bother him much don't let his body shape fool you he is very good.

You have to click on the link to see the Picture.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT