ADVERTISEMENT

Do you want Stoops gone?

Should this be his last year?

• Yes

Votes: 170 93.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
JMHO and I can get roasted for it but this is as good as it gets at UK with any coach that would come here.

I am not defending Stoops and would be fine if he left. I just think this isn't a football school and it never will be. The main reason we even compete at the level we do is because of recruiting success of Stoops and Marrow, Ohio/Michigan relationships. They go, that's gone.

Totally get why people want him gone though. You can almost rinse and repeat every season.

When I found out TAMU hired him, I was excited about bringing in Sumrall. I suppose that answers the question.
Yeah, Stoops has done good things here, but we need a fresh voice. I think there was some pride in the athletic program that we had the longest tenured AD, bball coach, and 2nd longest fball coach in the league. But there's a downside to that too... things get stale. You see how much the basketball program has been lifted by bringing in Pope (morale, at least, results TBD). I would vote Sumrall as well.

JMHO and I can get roasted for it but this is as good as it gets at UK with any coach that would come here.

I am not defending Stoops and would be fine if he left. I just think this isn't a football school and it never will be. The main reason we even compete at the level we do is because of recruiting success of Stoops and Marrow, Ohio/Michigan relationships. They go, that's gone.

Totally get why people want him gone though. You can almost rinse and repeat every season.

You are 100% correct.

1. SEC is too tough.
2. UK can't outgun the other sec schools in NIL for most part.
3. Lack of innovative coaching.

1 and 2 won't ever change.

You completely refuted your first paragraph with your second.

Kentucky CAN get athletes to compete. We can.

Best conference
Transfer portal
Chance to play for playoffs
NIL

saying this is as good as it gets is an absolute joke. It’s not. And the only reason it has been is because WE allow it to be.

I echo the statements by some posters here that Stoops was appreciated for his time. But his time has came to end. This should be his last year unless we somehow have a massive turn around, which is thinking something will change. GA is gonna slaughter us next game.

SC, Florida, Vandy should be 3 easy SEC wins. The rest 50/50. But Nope. Typical Stoops ball.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
If UK wins 3-4 games......the writing is basically on the wall. Kids aren't going to come to UK, etc.... So it's time to move on when you have 2 sub par year in a row, follow that up with a pure stinker of a season (this year)....Coach is in what year 10.....sure it's time to move on from Stoops.

It stinks that Stoops was able to basically take the Texas AM job and when it went south....UK had to keep him under contract. These contracts are so one sided to the coaches favor.

Regardless, UK has had no head coach fired for over a decade in basketball or football. There is more then enough money to eat Stoops contract and move on without major financial problems. UK has been swimming in SEC money for a while now....there is money to take care of this.

Now the AD having the guts to pull the trigger is a whole different matter.

I’ve been saying for a couple of years that he’s run his course here, and today only confirms that. I don’t expect national championships, but these type of games like today where we look totally unprepared and undisciplined and don’t even compete are far too common with him the past couple of years. He’s also never truly evolved out of his mindset that he wants to control the ball, play defense, and win 13-10, which just doesn’t work anymore. It’s time for us to move on, but I’m afraid we won’t.

You completely refuted your first paragraph with your second.

Kentucky CAN get athletes to compete. We can.

Best conference
Transfer portal
Chance to play for playoffs
NIL

saying this is as good as it gets is an absolute joke. It’s not. And the only reason it has been is because WE allow it to be.

You can tell yourself that.

Here is a fact. Stoops has seven 7+ win seasons at UK in 11 seasons.

It took UK 29 seasons to get seven 7+ win seasons before he got here.

The SEC is only getting more competitive.

Again, I'm fine with a change I just doubt anyone will be any better. Change to whoever, all good with me.

I'm more of a realist than anyone who thinks we are ever competing for SEC titles, etc. It isn't happening...

Again, I'm fine with a change I just doubt anyone will be any better. Change to whoever, all good with me.

I'm more of a realist than anyone who thinks we are ever competing for SEC titles, etc. It isn't happening...

Again, spot on.

It's not a fairly stacked playing field and never has been. It's only getting worse.

Yeah- Missouri is such a better situation than us.

Again, spot on.

It's not a fairly stacked playing field and never has been. It's only getting worse.

Yep. I mean again, not a Stoops fan boy but I just don't get what people think is going to happen. The fact we have two 10 win seasons in the past how ever many years is insane at UK...nutso.

Bear and Fran only others....haha, that was a lifetime ago, literally.

Yep. I mean again, not a Stoops fan boy but I just don't get what people think is going to happen. The fact we have two 10 win seasons in the past how ever many years is insane at UK...nutso.

Near and Fran only others....haha, that was a lifetime ago, literally.
What is Drink and Leopold doing at Kansas and Missouri?

Yeah- Missouri is such a better situation than us.

Lol, yeah they are. Their NIL situation is way better.

Not with that attitude

• Haha
Reactions: HagginHall1999
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT