ADVERTISEMENT

Do you support Mitch

Do you support Mitch to continue as UK AD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whether he is right or wrong on Pope remains to he seen. But on the face of it, the guy is fumbling this. Badly. You just cannot rush to a hire like this with so many options available.

Right now I feel about the AD like I felt about Calipari in 2015. By 2016 I was ready to let Calipari go. Will I feel that way about Mitch in 2025? I guess we'll see.

Yes. He's a great AD.

People who continually call for him to be fired and have done so for years are just clueless.

And yes, this new hire is a bit off or odd, but it may work out awesome. We don't know that yet. Let's judge him after a couple of years. Or at least a couple of days. Sheesh.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
It seems this latest hire is Mitch walking out the door. He’s ready to retire too. Don’t think he’s too concerned about the basketball program.

Reactions: EliteBlue
He’s a clown who has screwed up a dozen major decisions. His only good hire was Calipari then he managed to completely ruin that with the ridiculous ‘lifetime contract.’

His legacy will be turning Kentucky basketball into Indiana basketball.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Pope yes
Barnhart no

And that is true even if Pope figures it out.

He wasn’t qualified for the job. Mitch will hopefully get lucky but doesn’t change the fact.

I will say this about Mitch. He runs a clean ship. That’s probably his biggest job, but he’s likely the most football -focused AD here since Bernie Shively. Kentucky needs support and $$ to compete in this conference and I’m personally grateful Mitch is doing it for the top-revenue sport.

I hope whoever the next AD s, he’s football focused, but willing to hire well in basketball.

He’s a clown who has screwed up a dozen major decisions. His only good hire was Calipari then he managed to completely ruin that with the ridiculous ‘lifetime contract.’

His legacy will be turning Kentucky basketball into Indiana basketball.
And stoops basically identified himself as a candidate and went and won the interview bc we were about to hire some random nobody knew. Stoops was one of the top assistants coming off a national title and building FSUs defense into a top 5 D. Only assistant that was bigger at the time was Venerables and Smart

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT