ADVERTISEMENT

Do these guys even go to class anymore?

One of the best lines from BACK TO SCHOOL

"Call me when you have no class....."

jsfZj9.gif

If so (which is appears to be) then complaining now about UNC is no longer valid. It was but not anymore.

Reactions: HeismaNole
The NCAA is so limited at this point I'm sure if a school benched a player for being academically ineligible they'd sue and some judge would strike down academic rules as a restraint of trade. After all, if some guy can't shine because of grades that's hurting his earnings potential!

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
When i was at UK i always saw the players walking to class. Ryan harrow was actually in one of my classes and we were friends. So id say they go just take really easy classes

Yeah, these teams know which classes are relatively easy and which professors are most lenient/easy. It'd be dumb of them not to keep a spreadsheet of that stuff for scheduling purposes.

Most take online classes whose work is done by someone else.
I remember in 19 when it was revealed that Tyler Herro and Keldon Johnson had been in Las Vegas non-stop for like two months since the day the season ended … yet somehow managed to complete their second semester course-load in good standing. That told me all I needed to know about how necessary it is nowadays for basketball players to attend classes.

The whole system has become such a farce. It’s time for the NCAA to just end the charade, officially admit it’s pro sports, and reclassify them as employees.

I don't disagree with this. College, in general, is kind of a farce in many ways all the way around. I'd rather them just tell it like it is.
I remember in 19 when it was revealed that Tyler Herro and Keldon Johnson had been in Las Vegas non-stop for like two months since the day the season ended … yet somehow managed to complete their second semester course-load in good standing. That told me all I needed to know about how necessary it is nowadays for basketball players to attend classes.

The whole system has become such a farce. It’s time for the NCAA to just end the charade, officially admit it’s pro sports, and reclassify them as employees.

Hiw do they find the people to do this? Does it pay well? Lol jk
😂 I don’t think it pays well but it’s easy work for tutors to pocket extra cash. So they use tutors or some young person within the program to do it.

There was an article from one of these type of people who used to do all of the papers for the Utah athletes. Utah is just the example in this article because this goes on EVERYWHERE.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xd5vkz/i-helped-d-1-ncaa-athletes-cheat-in-college

Fixer
https://www.si.com/college/2014/12/29/college-athletes-fixer-cheating-scheme

Mizzou tutor cheating for athletes'
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2019/02/01/ncaa-punishes-missouri-blatant-case-academic-fraud

I made a thread on here talking about how the portal shows what a sham the academics part is of college athletics. You know how many people lose credits via transferring? A lot. Somehow that's never an issue or talked about.

Or how about these guys who somehow go back and graduate within like a month? Remember Massiello's scandal of when he was trying to be the USF head coach but they found out he never graduated? That was in April 2014. Somehow Massiello graduated the very next month. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? How does one apply to a school, get enrolled a month before the semester ends and then graduates?

😂 I don’t think it pays well but it’s easy work for tutors to pocket extra cash. So they use tutors or some young person within the program to do it.

There was an article from one of these type of people who used to do all of the papers for the Utah athletes. Utah is just the example in this article because this goes on EVERYWHERE.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xd5vkz/i-helped-d-1-ncaa-athletes-cheat-in-college

Fixer
https://www.si.com/college/2014/12/29/college-athletes-fixer-cheating-scheme

Mizzou tutor cheating for athletes'
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2019/02/01/ncaa-punishes-missouri-blatant-case-academic-fraud

They will take what they can get.

Once I realized online classes meant I didn't have to sit in class 15 hours a week I took as many per semester as I could. Mostly discussion boards and papers and reading. Tests were a joke in some as they weren't even proctor.

So what?????

Why are you unhappy??? My goodness! I don't care what they get paid, how many classes they go to, how many times they transfer. None of it effects me, and none of it effects you.

If you don't enjoy watching basketball, go find another hobby. Why get on here and just complain?

Are you jealous? Why does anyone care? Watching basketball is a hobby fo us. For them, it's their lives. They actually play ball and do all the work. Let them have this, they deserve it all. You do none of the work and you don't have to watch their games.

but when you think about, college itself is a farce. why pay a donation (tuition) to keep professors in a job that is largely no longer required (youtube/wiki is a better way to learn).

I remember everyone made fun of Cardale when he said that. But he was just honestly stating what most of these players were thinking.

And I actually agree with his sentiment. If a guy only wants to be a football player, and not a college student, then there should be a path by which he can do that. But instead we’ve set up this weird system where they have to first pretend to be a college student for three years before they can enter the draft.

So what?????

Why are you unhappy??? My goodness! I don't care what they get paid, how many classes they go to, how many times they transfer. None of it effects me, and none of it effects you.

If you don't enjoy watching basketball, go find another hobby. Why get on here and just complain?

Are you jealous? Why does anyone care? Watching basketball is a hobby fo us. For them, it's their lives. They actually play ball and do all the work. Let them have this, they deserve it all. You do none of the work and you don't have to watch their games.
It’s this level of ambivalence that is destroying the sport. Can’t say we didn’t tell you so

I'd bet at least 50% of college courses are a complete waste. Maybe more than that. You'd be better off getting into a trade where you can make like $40k to $50k+ a year starting off with no student loans to pay back. They (whomever that is) need to crack down on colleges and their money making schemes. Get rid of all of the junk courses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT