ADVERTISEMENT

Do the 'Cats have a chance at DeAndre Daniels?

Ripcord65

Senior
Apr 29, 2009
I see that Rivals still lists U.K. as one of the schools that Daniels (No. 9, 6'8" SF)is considering. I don't know whether he'd be "afraid" to sign with the same school as Gilchrist, or not. Anybody have any recent inside info about our chances with Daniels?

Gilchrist and Daniels can co-exist. Both can play multiple positions.

How about this for a line-up:

G Teague- Rivals #1
G Gilchrist- Rivals #3
G Daniels- Rivals #9
F Wiltjer- Rivals #25
F Davis- Rivals #6

Combine that with our expected returnees (Liggins, Miller, Vargas, Hood, Lamb, Poole, and Polson) and we will be in great shape next season.

I don't know how much he like UK but his skill set looks perfect for the dribble drive. He can really handle the ball well for a 6'-8" player and he's got really long arms. It would be awesome if he decided to play at Kentucky.

Originally posted by bucsrule8872:
Gilchrist and Daniels can co-exist. Both can play multiple positions.

How about this for a line-up:

G Teague- Rivals #1
G Gilchrist- Rivals #3
G Daniels- Rivals #9
F Wiltjer- Rivals #25
F Davis- Rivals #6

Combine that with our expected returnees (Liggins, Miller, Vargas, Hood, Lamb, Poole, and Polson) and we will be in great shape next season.

If we got Gilchrist and Daniels, Darius Miller better get accustomed to sitting the bench. Im nit saying he's bad but he never seems to bring it. So unless he brings it, he be sitting his u know what on the bench because Mike and DeAndre will bring thier A game.

I take your train of thought to be wrong, Miller will be fine. You my friend, I'm not so sure.

big blu-2002 you apparently don't jnow anything about what you are talking about. Darius Miller is not sitting the bench behind anyone. I'm not sure why people hate on him, maybe because he isn't a freshman. I know how some of our stupid fans think that if you are not a freshmen, then you aren't any good.

Daniels is in Lexington on an official visit today. It was reported elsewere that Daniels, Cal, and T. Jones were dining together.
Also it is reported that he may start college this spring, and is already approved to leave H.S. and play.

I know this is a little old news by now. Just bumping it back to the top
for people who haven't heard anything new.

So could Daniels play for UK in January?

UK could use another 6'8 kid to play the 4 in the DDO...get TJones to the 5 in smaller, but not too small lineup.

Its been said in the media that his family kept that option open in case something came up that they couldn't refuse so I take it that he could.

According to The Site Which Shall Not Be Named, Daniels is no longer interested in Kentucky and that we withdrew his scholarship offer in January.

I'll believe it when I see it...Daniels could go anywhere at this point.

Is Cal still interested, that is the question?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT