ADVERTISEMENT

Do people now realize why some of us wanted to keep Cal?

He did. Drew and offered Hurley over $100 million dollars?

But how do you not even talk to Donovan?

Or the tier 2 coaches not interested? We’re feelers put out and nobody really wanted it?

I don’t understand
I don’t consider just offering those two then jumping to pope trying.

No, we were already irrelevant in post season play and losing 10 games a year. Let's do that with a new coach at least. If it doesn't work we try again in a few years. At least we save some money doing it this way.

Hardee’s the breakfast of champions. If your within drivable distance to a Hardee’s that explains why you couldn’t figure out the Twitter search bar from google.
I searched them both and no one gave a legitimate response to either of my questions. Show me one national criticism of our AD. That is what I said. I googled it and I put it in the search bar at twitter. On twitter, it was the same people that are here, UK fans, bitching. On Google, nothing about Barnhart. So keep making jokes about my age, but until someone can convince me that people other than the negative ass fans here are so unhappy, I will convinced I'm correct.

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

• Haha
Reactions: ManitouDan
I searched them both and no one gave a legitimate response to either of my questions. Show me one national criticism of our AD. That is what I said. I googled it and I put it in the search bar at twitter. On twitter, it was the same people that are here, UK fans, bitching. On Google, nothing about Barnhart. So keep making jokes about my age, but until someone can convince me that people other than the negative ass fans here are so unhappy, I will convinced I'm correct.
You will yourself to believe your right about anything, if you just think the world is flat and refuse to accept any actual data proving otherwise you can continue on believing your right about it being flat.

I think it is becoming obvious that the Athletic Department and the Athletic Director are a huge part of the problem. The University President evidently loves him so he is part of the problem as well. Need to clean house.
This fanbase is the biggest problem. This fanbase is always mentioned first as to why an established coach who has it going wouldn’t want to coach here. Every coach in my lifetime has been hated by this fanbase.

No way do we go from Danny Hurley/Scott Drew all the way to MARK POPE in one day unless Mitch was an absolute idiot who had this guy as a top candidate.
Drew was our one shot at a proven top 10 coach . He passed so wemoved on . Hurley would of been a freaking utter and total dumb moron to take ANY COLLEGE JOB BEYOND WHERE HE IS AT . Especially here . If we lost in sweet 16 in year 1 , in sweet 16 in year 2 and elite 8 year 3 our fan base would be re-writing history and explaining to themselves how Hurely won these 2 titles due to this or that peice3 of shit luck or alien abduction or some dumb crap. Hurley never ever ever has to make a final 4 again and he is GOD THERE . HE WILL BE WONT NEED TO THOUGH.

• Haha
Reactions: UKortho
This fanbase is the biggest problem. This fanbase is always mentioned first as to why an established coach who has it going wouldn’t want to coach here. Every coach in my lifetime has been hated by this fanbase.
of coarse they really don't get how bad they make the common fan look. In 1 week our AD has had maybe the single best hire any UK AD has had since Pitino with the woman's coach and has taken a bad situation and made the best of it with a truly elite offensive mind renowned the cbb world over who by the by won a title here !

Drew was our one shot at a proven top 10 coach . He passed so wemoved on . Hurley would of been a freaking utter and total dumb moron to take ANY COLLEGE JOB BEYOND WHERE HE IS AT . Especially here . If we lost in sweet 16 in year 1 , in sweet 16 in year 2 and elite 8 year 3 our fan base would be re-writing history and explaining to themselves how Hurely won these 2 titles due to this or that peice3 of shit luck or alien abduction or some dumb crap. Hurley never ever ever has to make a final 4 again and he is GOD THERE . HE WILL BE WONT NEED TO THOUGH.
I'm not saying that Hurley was ever a realistic shot as I knew it was absurd. I'm just saying there's no way that you are shooting for Drew or Hurley and within the same day, you move directly to Mark Pope unless Pope was seen as a top three candidate.

So that means genius Mitch didn't care to look at any B tier candidate, 10 or so guys who would've taken this job and had some type of success. How the hell does someone in charge of Kentucky Basketball, see Mark Pope's resume and say "Yeah, that's the guy!"

I'm not saying that Hurley was ever a realistic shot as I knew it was absurd. I'm just saying there's no way that you are shooting for Drew or Hurley and within the same day, you move directly to Mark Pope unless Pope was seen as a top three candidate.

So that means genius Mitch didn't care to look at any B tier candidate, 10 or so guys who would've taken this job and had some type of success. How the hell does someone in charge of Kentucky Basketball, see Mark Pope's resume and say "Yeah, that's the guy!"
Because he was guaranteed not to say no and Barney didn’t want to be rejected after pastor Scott broke his heart.

Are you more qualified than an experienced athletic department to make that decision?

This stuff keeps getting said but basketball fans, UK basketball fans have NOTHING on the fan base of actually good SEC football teams. Alabama fans are insane, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, all more irrational and vocal than any UK basketball fan yet no one is afraid to take any football coaching job.

People act like Pope is guaranteed to fail, which is ridiculous. I'm going into this with an open mind. Cal had obviously checked out before the year ended so yeah, I'll take a fully invested Mark Pope over what we.got from Cal the last few years. The fans need to support him and create a supportive environment for recruits to see

Are you more qualified than an experienced athletic department to make that decision?
things are looking like 80% of the commonwealth is more qualified then Mitch. Considering they have a grasp on the program and Mitch just treats it like any other job.

This stuff keeps getting said but basketball fans, UK basketball fans have NOTHING on the fan base of actually good SEC football teams. Alabama fans are insane, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, all more irrational and vocal than any UK basketball fan yet no one is afraid to take any football coaching job.
Bama fans poisoned that Auburn tree after a loss.

Reactions: HeismaNole
People act like Pope is guaranteed to fail, which is ridiculous. I'm going into this with an open mind. Cal had obviously checked out before the year ended so yeah, I'll take a fully invested Mark Pope over what we.got from Cal the last few years. The fans need to support him and create a supportive environment for recruits to see
We were on opposite sides with Cal, but O completely agree. Btw I’m sorry if I came after you/ insulted you.

Oooh the appeal to authority. Yeah, no bureacracy or manager has ever been incompetent. They're infaliable and that's why every decision they make totally works out and should never be questioned.
I asked you a yes or no question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT