ADVERTISEMENT

Do not attend Big Blue Madness

The only thing I hate about that is it hurts the kids. Oscar doesn’t deserve that. But Cal sure does.
Damn guy oscar is making upwards of 5 million dollars to be at UK. The program is going to shit ain’t got time to hold things up for one guy. Oscar will get plenty of love. A message has to be sent to the guy who likes to hide when things get hot.

UK is going to be very good next year. Bunch of drama queens on this board. I won’t go to Big Blue madness because it’s stupid, but I am not going to stop rooting for this team. Especially with Oscar back.
You’re definition of very good does not match the tradition of UK basketball. 10 years no title. 8 no final four. You thought this season was very good. Go stick with football and take those low expectations somewhere else.

Reactions: dl51344
It's awesome that UK was able to handle St. Bernard's School for the Blind at home last season, what would have been real nice is if UK could have handled St. Peter's on a neutral court last year.

I will never patronize the UK Basketball program again until John Calipari is thousands of miles away.
We beat a lot of good teams at Rupp including running UT out of the gym. The UK basketball program will not miss you and your ilk.

You’re definition of very good does not match the tradition of UK basketball. 10 years no title. 8 no final four. You thought this season was very good. Go stick with football and take those low expectations somewhere else.
He said next year dumb a$$. Your hatred blinds you. Learn some reading comprehension.

I mean you can do what you want, but this has to end. We as fans deserve better. Need to put the squeeze on the administration. I know people think I’m being dramatic, but this seriously is a hostage situation. It’s getting worse when he recruits kids, they take NIL money, and never play a second on the court.
Please don't attend. Maybe member's of my family can finally get tickets. That will show Cal you mean business.

So you didn't enjoy Wall, Cousins, Knight, KAT, Fox, Bam, Herro, etc...? If it's been 10 years of misery why do you pay attention to it?
Why don't you mention all the players you bash in the game thread?

You're truly bipolar, man. It's so clear now.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Part of why UK is a historic program is the support no matter what. I understand being angry at Calipari/Sharpe situation but what does the team who does suit up to play have to do with this?

Now I find BBM really boring and have resorted to DVR'ing it due the waste of forcing women's team content/appearance on the viewer. I don't care about Women's team. Don't care who the coach was/is. After you've seen 1 or 2 they are all the same with different players but what used to be an exciting event is stale too.

Big Blue Bahamas is much more must see for me. Enjoy that in August.
The problem RD is that UK basketball has never been in a situation like this. A waning coach who refuses to change or leave. A waning coach who received a lifetime contract UK fans have always had hope for the next season bc there would be change. Now our players are none and done (one of the reasons the biggest imo that uk fans stick with the program no matter what has historically been the continuity of players and their connection to locals that is gone). I think the fans are realizing in order to fix things there will have to be a ground swell against cal bc his ego won’t allow him to do the right thing. Uncharted territory for Uk basketball and a generation growing up with massively low expectations. We are a season or two from becoming IU. Actually we may already be there

I mean you can do what you want, but this has to end. We as fans deserve better. Need to put the squeeze on the administration. I know people think I’m being dramatic, but this seriously is a hostage situation. It’s getting worse when he recruits kids, they take NIL money, and never play a second on the court.
Nobody needs you. You won’t be missed. NIL money is not to play.

I'm laughing at these infantile deflection arguments.

Now it's, "Support Kentucky's hijack situation because we don't want Oscar to get his feelings hurt."

Nope. I encourage people to live in reality. Cal played us. Sharpe played us. Until Cal publicly comes out and tells the truth, he deserves no respect from BBN.

Last edited:

Now it's, "Support Kentucky's hijack situation because we don't want Oscar to get his feelings hurt.'

Nope. I encourage people to live in reality. Cal played us. Sharpe played us. Until Cal publicly comes out and tells the truth, he deserves no respect from BBN.
Oscar is gonna get paid more than most first rounders for next year. If cal left oscar would still be here bc he loves UK.

People get hammered on here all the time for being "Cal fans". You don't like UK, you like Cal.

These people that call people Cal fans and says they don't support the program are now telling fans............to not support the program.

Big Blue Madness (while overrated) will be an event again next season. It will set out in a matter of mins like it always does.

Regardless of anyone's feelings about Cal, in my mind you support the program. I don't buy this not supporting garbage just because there's a coach you might not like or the team hasn't performed up to expectations post 15 or whatever. I'm sorry, that's just not a fan to me. That's not a "supporter of the program".

I'll be at a few games next year. Like I always am. At some point Cal will retire or leave and I'll support the program in the same way. I would think most people are going to do the same.
Because it is the only way to force change. Look what it did for our football program.

Now it's, "Support Kentucky's hijack situation because we don't want Oscar to get his feelings hurt."

A lot of deflecting coming from the pumpers.

Reactions: dl51344
You aren't stupid but this is stupid.

Be a fan. This was a possibility with Sharpe all along and we should field a really good team next year with or without him.

On top of that Oscar deserves all of the fan support possible and a packed Rupp Arena.
This wasn't the deal with Sharpe all along. When he came here it was being told the NBA was not an option and that he came early to get ready to play next year. Once the NBA was an option Cal should of pushed like heck for him to play this year, especially since Grady was obviously playing at about half speed. I hate to throw the kid under the bus, but Cal needs to let the fan base know whether or not he was pushing Sharpe to play or sit. When the NBA was going to be an obvious choice, Cal should of done what is right for the university and asked the kid to play. If the kid goes pro, then it was obvious that UK was just getting used by his handlers for practice and NIL money.

What spectacular guard play do we have coming in to make you think we will be good with or without him? Wheeler at point again. A downgrade at #2 guard and the #3 spot?

The UK administration clearly does not make decisions based on the wants of your average UK fan, so it is what it is. Until there is some humility and ass-kissing from Barnhart and Calipari, I fully support UK fans turning up the heat all the way to 11.

Not so sure about that.Less seem to be going every season....

True. Tho that seems to be a college basketball problem and not necessarily a UK problem.

The only way for a change to happen would be if the decline was attributed to the coach and another coach coming in would change that.

But to be honest, I"m not even entirely sure that's what will drive a change. I mean the man does have a lifetime contract here. He kind of holds the cards on this one.

Oscar is the sole reason I even give a damn at this point. He’s deserves that 9 million a year.
Oscar has saved his ass so far...teetering on collapse to be sure...if it comes out that
Cal knew, UK may look for a backdoor out of the Brainfart Doctrine...

pitchforks.gif

Reactions: Fox2monk
Oscar has saved his ass so far...teetering on collapse to be sure...if it comes out that
Cal knew, UK may look for a backdoor out of the Brainfart Doctrine...

pitchforks.gif
Only reason Oscar is at UK is because of, wait for it, …….. Cal.

It just blows my mind how blindly half of you follow Cal. He doesn’t care about your support. He doesn’t care about you. We’re all pieces of incest off shoot to him. What the hell are you guys getting paid to follow him to the grave? I was born and raised on UK basketball like majority of you. I’ve seen the ups from Pitino and Tubby and the downs of BCG. But this is not the university of Cal. UK deserves better. The state deserves better.

And most of you are right. Oscar is a good kid and Oscar deserves better. He wanted to come to UK to begin with, but Cal didn’t give him the time of day. But when Hugs was done with Oscar and Cal had no answers, he brought the kid in. I guarantee you Cal had no idea how much heart and drive that kid had. Oscar deserves better. Oscar is a better person then Cal.

And most of you are right. Oscar is a good kid and Oscar deserves better. He wanted to come to UK to begin with, but Cal didn’t give him the time of day. But when Hugs was done with Oscar and Cal had no answers, he brought the kid in. I guarantee you Cal had no idea how much heart and drive that kid had. Oscar deserves better. Oscar is a better person then Cal.
😂😂😂😂

I never got they hype for BBM. Girls play ball, guys don't play serious. It is a waste of time. Is it ok if I go to the Blue White game?

I see what you’re saying… and realize you’re the stupid one here. If it was a possibility, why didn’t he play?
Bro, he said you aren't stupid, then you call him stupid. The man complimented you, you aren't stupid but your dumbass ideas ain't the brightest...:)

We beat a lot of good teams at Rupp including running UT out of the gym. The UK basketball program will not miss you and your ilk.

Encouraging fans to leave the fan base is how you become Indiana’s little brother.

Enjoy cultivating a positive space for your loser club. I hope it’s an inclusive one that comes with fleece blankets.

I went to 4 or 5 when it first started. After a few I thought this is the most boring sports event ever. Haven’t watched it in years. The entire program needs a reset

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT