ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Jeffries to Memphis

Hopefully you’re right. I’m my opinion it won’t affect Wiseman either way. He’ll start anywhere.

Tigers on their way back to their Memphis State glory days of Keith Lee and William Bedford.

As predictable as Jim and Pam eventually getting together on the Office.

Put Penny and Jeffries on this cover, with flowers in their hair. It would be just as appropriate.

original.jpg

Some of us saw this coming from miles away. Many of us even. But we still heard "he's not even a lean for Memphis just cause he left kentucky"..

Gotta see the forest.. And same goes with Wiseman. Don't see any way he doesn't go to Memphis.

Some of us saw this coming from miles away. Many of us even. But we still heard "he's not even a lean for Memphis just cause he left kentucky"..

Gotta see the forest.. And same goes with Wiseman. Don't see any way he doesn't go to Memphis.

Yes...this was all just an orchestrated show by Penny from the beginning

Reactions: jace2012
Yes...this was all just an orchestrated show by Penny from the beginning

I'm not sure what "it" is. Although def a possibility.

It just has Wiseman to Memphis written all over it. Not sure about reports those two don't want to play together. News to me.

Regardless. His coach, his state, his chance to bring Memphis back into the spotlight, just one year, free reign. I'll be amazed he goes anywhere else. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd blame him. If I was Wiseman, I'd probably pick Memphis too.

I hadn’t heard that either before very recently. But Sisk doesn’t post fluff. Again, I don’t want to just give out paid info for free, and I’m also not trying to wave HOB membership in peoples faces either. But suffice it to say, I haven’t felt this positive about Wiseman since before Penny was hired.

I hadn’t heard that either before very recently. But Sisk doesn’t post fluff. Again, I don’t want to just give out paid info for free, and I’m also not trying to wave HOB membership in peoples faces either. But suffice it to say, I haven’t felt this positive about Wiseman since before Penny was hired.

I would LOVE to be wrong. Feel free to wave this in my face, honestly.

If Wiseman doesnt want to play with DJ.... then whats the play by him announcing his decision during Wiseman's official visit to Memphis?

That’s exactly what I was thinking. If that’s true of them not wanting to play together then why in the hell would Penny have DJ announce today unless DJ went rogue and did it to piss off Wiseman.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
That’s exactly what I was thinking. If that’s true of them not wanting to play together then why in the hell would Penny have DJ announce today unless DJ went rogue and did it to piss off Wiseman.
I almost wonder if Jeffries has been wanting to play for Penny but Penny was holding off because he didn’t want it to cost him the #1 player. If Memphis was making his big push for Wiseman on his visit and they could see it wasn’t looking good, he may have gone ahead and called Jeffries and said “let’s do it.”

Pure conjecture on my part but there’s so much going on behind the scenes we don’t know and it seems to make sense. Plus, believing this makes me happy :D

I almost wonder if Jeffries has been wanting to play for Penny but Penny was holding off because he didn’t want it to cost him the #1 player. If Memphis was making his big push for Wiseman on his visit and they could see it wasn’t looking good, he may have gone ahead and called Jeffries and said “let’s do it.”

Pure conjecture on my part but there’s so much going on behind the scenes we don’t know and it seems to make sense. Plus, believing this makes me happy :D

As long as you’re happy, man.

I’m trying not to get my hopes up but it’s looking more and more possible as time goes on. It would be the best frontcourt we’ve had since Towns/WCS.

It would be good for sure but it would be hard to beat the total production we should get from PJ, Travis, Montgomery, and Richards this year. Now if pulls off a couple more with them then it’s definitely possible. I just think PJ and Travis will abuse teams this year.

I would say the longer Wiseman waits to commit it would be good for us. If he chooses UK he would have to deal with backlash from school/team mates and the community. Again he is a young man so no telling what these kids will do today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT