ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Burns in the NFL?

Would be a good defensive end. He has the size, speed, and footwork. Is he tough enough to go up against NFL lineman every week? That I don’t know.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He may have played in HS for all we know but that would be the biggest thing, learning the playbook if you have never played would be challenging, taking hits is the other.

I saw where he was being looked at for offensive tackle, I figured he would be defensive. And yeah you’re right. Interesting to see how it shakes out,
I hope he can make it. There’s tons of other NFL players that played college basketball at some point.

Take him a few years but man that size an speed can't teach. Be like Ed Too tall Jones.

He is surprisingly agile and has fantastic footwork with those spin moves to go along with that wide ass body. Probably could’ve been a badass defensive lineman if he’d gone the football route.

But I suspect he’ll stick to basketball professionally, even if it’s overseas. You still get paid, but without the head injuries.

“The big lefty has averaged 18.3 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 3.5 assists in the Wolfpack's four tournament games, and poured in 29 pounds in the team's Elite Eight upset of Duke.”

Good job CBS

I've pondered lately if some of these bigger players aren't passing up football and a possible tbi for a less dangerous sport like basketball. If so then we could see an influx Burn's type players into the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT