ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Discussion: Who is the most slept on player on Kentucky’s roster?

Travis Graf

Jul 14, 2017
There’s not really a clear cut answer here, so I’m interested in everyone’s takes. Going to proceed as if Keion will be back and Mintz will not (neither set in stone last I heard, but just for the sake of roster balance):

Sahvir Wheeler - Great passer, likes to push the pace, underrated finisher.

TyTy Washington - Star potential, can play either guard spot, dog, really good shooter.

CJ Frederick - Outside shot is like a layup to him, underrated off the bounce.

Kellan Grady - Three-level scorer, 2000 points under his belt, can facilitate the offense.

Dontaie Allen - Great shooter who gets hot in a hurry.

Keion Brooks - The “old man” on the roster, rebounds well and can play multiple positions.

Jacob Toppin - Solid defender just tapping into his potential, decent spot-up shooter, elite athlete.

Bryce Hopkins - Good feel for the game, high IQ, possibly the most well-rounded game out of the forwards.

Lance Ware - Great motor, attacks the glass.

Daimion Collins - Elite upside, fantastic leaper, good shot blocker, underrated offensive skill set.

Oscar Tshiebwe - Brute down low, double-double watch every night, underrated mid-range, dog.

For me, I’m going with Oscar. I feel like if he had just committed, fans would be super excited about him still. They still are, but it’s natural for the shine to wear off a few months after your commitment when you add other guys. Should be the best big man since junior Nick Richards and possibly since PJ Washington.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News