ADVERTISEMENT

Dillingham’s D

bballcat4

Junior
Jan 12, 2008
Last night was not the time to mention anything, other than to celebrate a very good victory.

But Dilly drives me crazy guarding the ball. 99% of the time he’ll jab step toward the offensive player. This immediately puts him out of position and gets him leaning in one direction. This opens up easy driving lanes and puts Dillingham on their hip where the offensive player does something good or Rob fouls. He sometimes does this when his guy is 25-30’ from the basket. I’m sure this is his attempt to pressure the ball and appear to be aggressive.

These kind of defensive plays work in high school because it intimidates lesser skilled players. But, it doesn’t work in college. It immediately puts us in scramble mode where everyone is having to rotate.

First, Rob is an offensive freak of nature and he can personally change a game very quickly!

There’s a difference between pseudo-ball pressure and ball hawking pressure that prevents player from getting to basket. We don’t need him to steal the ball or poke it loose. No need to gamble. We just need him to stay between his man and the goal.

We’ll need Rob to help close out games and don’t need him constantly in foul trouble by getting himself out of position.

Big win last night. Just my observations of a guy that I want to see get more minutes.

Reactions: Stretch98
Los Angeles Lol GIF by NBA

Reactions: Smashcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT