ADVERTISEMENT

Did any other college in America not start their 2 best players the entire year?

Truly one of the most baffling coaching decisions I’ve ever seen. I can’t even begin to rationalize having TWO lottery picks come off the bench when you don’t even have a single legit first-rounder in the starting lineup ahead of them to attempt to justify it. His foolish promises kept undeserving guys in the lineup ahead of them and guaranteed we would start off every game in the hole before tipoff.

That is quite a feat.

Well done Cal.......Hall of Fame coach................................that is simply laughable
Not that I know of, but Cal can't coach, he can recruit, he can handle ego's but just know the game, paying attention to the little details that win games etc, Cal is a failure, and when all your coach has is yell go and make a play that is becoming very obvious.

It wasn't even just not starting them. During our good run he'd bring them in around the 17 minute mark of each half. That was still stupid but at least it was 6 minutes a game of playing a known bad lineup.

Then we get to the sec and NCAA tournament and he starts waiting till the five minute mark to bring them in. I almost lost it vs ATM when they went on a run and cal called a TO just to not even put them in. We never recovered.

Just inconceivable. Noone is that stupid. That shows his top goal, by far, was the development/NBA future of those choices guys over everything else.

I was pretty patient over the past few years but sticking with Edwards and Wagner for 5 minutes to start each tournament half broke me. I will always cheer for UK but I'm done with cal unless he makes some drastic changes; which he won't

Nothing more of a sure thing than logging in and seeing the same people still bitching about the same stuff.

Some of you should really give up this board for lent. Might change your life.

Truly one of the most baffling coaching decisions I’ve ever seen. I can’t even begin to rationalize having TWO lottery picks come off the bench when you don’t even have a single legit first-rounder in the starting lineup ahead of them to attempt to justify it. His foolish promises kept undeserving guys in the lineup ahead of them and guaranteed we would start off every game in the hole before tipoff.

lottery picks or not , Rob Dilly was lightning in bottle the last 15 games . And Reed was your Super Glue Guy . They Had to play .. it was pure sabotage . People hate that word , but you dont Unintentionally not play those 2 to start , when the guys in front of them are struggling so badly .

It wasn't even just not starting them. During our good run he'd bring them in around the 17 minute mark of each half. That was still stupid but at least it was 6 minutes a game of playing a known bad lineup.

Then we get to the sec and NCAA tournament and he starts waiting till the five minute mark to bring them in. I almost lost it vs ATM when they went on a run and cal called a TO just to not even put them in. We never recovered.

Just inconceivable. Noone is that stupid. That shows his top goal, by far, was the development/NBA future of those choices guys over everything else.

I was pretty patient over the past few years but sticking with Edwards and Wagner for 5 minutes to start each tournament half broke me. I will always cheer for UK but I'm done with cal unless he makes some drastic changes; which he won't
No one is that stupid , it was sabotage .
Nothing more of a sure thing than logging in and seeing the same people still bitching about the same stuff.

Some of you should really give up this board for lent. Might change your life.

Man just move on instead of bitching about it . It's a legit question that hasnt been asked .

UNIVKY "You are correct. Reeves was the best . But I think you get my drift.

Yes of course; both Shep and Dilly should have started all year along with Antonio.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
What’s even more amazing is that the press that covers the team really never pushes him on it they may ask why do you start Wagner and Edwards and then you never play that five together again but nobody in the press and believe me I understand it’s lack of availability with Calipari because he’s a chickenshit But there’s a lot of questions that need to be answered from game preparation to scouting to lineups to analytics to setting people with 2 fouls the first half that need to be in the game. He’s just a horrible horrible coach anymore.

• Love
Reactions: Wildcatjedi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT