ADVERTISEMENT

Dick gabriel wants rick barnes

Lmao 🤣 Rick Barnes UK local media Rick Barnes
Barnes wouldn’t be close to the worst hire, he almost got a final 4 this year. He’s winning at a higher rate than Cal, I’m sure we want someone who wins in the postseason a little more but he’s far from the worst possible hire. Better than Mick Cronin for sure.

Has Barnes removed his name from consideration?

We love to make jokes about Barnes but the dude can coach. For whatever reason, that just hasn't translated into much NCAA tournament success even when he has studs like Kevin Durant (and that year that team didn't even make the Sweet 16).

If we hired him, it wouldn't be the worst but I'd put him several tiers below other names.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I'd rather take a chance in a young upstart coach, than going with anyone Cals age and older, especially ones who aren't a whole heck of a lot better than Cal. This was Barnes best chance, with a top5 player like Dalton. His team is going to fall back to earth next year unless they hit in the portal.

Reactions: chroix
I’m so happy Cal’s gone I’d take Digger Barnes.

He’s just a good example of how there are a ton of better coaches available.

No. He had the best group he’s ever had and didn’t make a Final Four. Need a younger, hungry, dynamic recruiter/bench coach who cares about winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT