ADVERTISEMENT

Dialogs vertical the same as Grayson Allen?

PJ Washington had a disappointing vertical today as well. 34" which is still respectable, but he posted a 43" vertical at UK's pro-day last October.

And in honor of the vertical jumping at the cheerleading combine just down the hall.........
th

PJ Washington had a disappointing vertical today as well. 34" which is still respectable, but he posted a 43" vertical at UK's pro-day last October.

Definitely higher than 34" (and a Dakari Johnson-esque 27" standing vertical). He did himself no favors today though.

Eh, I want him back anyway.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Definitely higher than 34" (and a Dakari Johnson-esque 27" standing vertical). He did himself no favors today though.

Definitely.

But I don't think things like facts, stats, reason, etc. will factor into whether PJ comes back or not.

Our guys always seem to do worse in the NBA combine than the UK combine.

Which could cause one to wonder if they might be getting a little home cooking in ours.

Last edited:

34" makes more sense after watching him play. I never saw ridiculous hops in the kid.

Still floors me that a decent college player, not great, with no NBA position thinks he's ready.

I'm more surprised that people don't know that Allen has pure athleticism as he won the McDonald's dunk contest in high school. He has trouble translating it when he's not in the open court though

Reactions: DerekMcPwn
Gracie winning the dunk comp it like the girl entering and dunking and winning. He is fine but no comparison between him and HD.

I'm more surprised that people don't know that Allen has pure athleticism as won the McDonald's dunk contest. He has trouble translating it when he's not in the open court though

Yeah, it’s funny that when he was a high school senior, everyone’s one-sentence scouting report on him was “great athlete, but not a great basketball player.”

Hate Gracie, but he will be a better pro than Diallo imo.

Better college player and pro. Better G league player, probably a better player at everything. That's why I'm glad about Herro and Baker, Cal is finally realizing these AAU athletes that have no basketball skills might fair well 5 years down the line but at UK for one year it's not helping him win a title.

Diallo and Briscoe.....please stop.

.[/QUOTE]
Better college player and pro. Better G league player, probably a better player at everything. That's why I'm glad about Herro and Baker, Cal is finally realizing these AAU athletes that have no basketball skills might fair well 5 years down the line but at UK for one year it's not helping him win a title.

Allen could shoot better than Briscoe and thats is all he did better.

Briscoe could play defense and finish st the rim. Diallo, meh, not so much.

I'm not surprised Grayson Allen's numbers were so good, leading the NCAA in tripped players for four seasons has to be quite the leg workout.

Reactions: BlueSince92
While we’re comparing two seemingly incomparable players, here’s something that stood out to me.

Allen’s three-point shooting percentage as a senior was only 3% better than Hami’s as a freshman. 34 vs. 37.

Reactions: BlueSince92

Not that it matters but briscoe did absolutely shut down Grayson Allen this one time. I was watching and would bet most on this board did too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: KyFaninNC
ADVERTISEMENT