ADVERTISEMENT

Derrick Henry 99 Yard Run

vhcat70

All-American
Feb 5, 2003
I'm not an NFL follower, just saw replay. I've never seen anything anywhere like that. Stiff-armed 4 defenders including one throw down.

Tony Dorsett is a pretty good name to be next too in a record book. Though it definitely wasn’t as fast as Dorsetts but the stiff arms were a nice touch

Pretty awesome run, but maybe the worst defense I've ever seen. He was running a foot away from the sidelines and no one could even push him out.

That much slowing down to stiff arm and run by guys after...WHERE IS THE BACKSIDE PURSUIT!!!???

Wouldn't there be 3-4 guys on the backside of the Jags defense who run a 4.5 or better?

Great effort by Henry no doubt; but that it went 99 is more about bad individual and TEAM defense than anything.

I was jumping around in the living room. I was pumped. If we could play like that all the time, we'd have something.

Reactions: uofkFTW18
As a Jags fan I can tell you we might have the most overrated defense in history. Can't wait for the season to end so Khan and Coughlin can clean house. Starting with Caldwell and then Marrone. The only guy in the entire organization that should be safe is Josh Lambo the kicker. Best player on the team.
On Henry I agree that was an amazing historic run. I kept saying there's no way he breaks another tackle, and then he would. If anyone is unaware, he holds the all-time HS career rushing yards record. Played just north of Jax in Yulee and brought thousands to his games.

Now if that don’t get them fired up , I don’t know what could!! Coach smiling, saying to himself,” just like I drew it up”!! Lmao. Beast Mode to the 2nd power.

As a Jags fan I can tell you we might have the most overrated defense in history. Can't wait for the season to end so Khan and Coughlin can clean house. Starting with Caldwell and then Marrone. The only guy in the entire organization that should be safe is Josh Lambo the kicker. Best player on the team.
On Henry I agree that was an amazing historic run. I kept saying there's no way he breaks another tackle, and then he would. If anyony is unaware, he holds the all-time HS career rushing yards record. Played just north of Jax in Yulee and brought thousands to his games.
Man, he just was going to go and no one was stopping him!! Jaguars will be fine. Lol. Just got a couple things to fix and it will look like a different team. That run by Henry could’ve happened to any team in the NFL. Just stronger an bigger that most people. Lol. Like a bunch of 8th grade kids trying to stop a senior in high school. They’re going to be ok though. Hey, I like lambo! Haha.

That much slowing down to stiff arm and run by guys after...WHERE IS THE BACKSIDE PURSUIT!!!???

Wouldn't there be 3-4 guys on the backside of the Jags defense who run a 4.5 or better?

Great effort by Henry no doubt; but that it went 99 is more about bad individual and TEAM defense than anything.
I agree.

Pretty awesome run, but maybe the worst defense I've ever seen. He was running a foot away from the sidelines and no one could even push him out.

A "bad defense" may be the result of a fantastic offensive player. Those who have played may agree.

36 caught up inside
39 bad angle at line
20 watched from other side
21 stiff arm
only left guys in the 40's and 50's to pursue.

Agreed. There were pursuit, but bad angles, a few good blocks, and Henry being 10-20 yds ahead (Henry runs a 4.5 as well).....they weren’t gonna catch him.

The jags have given up. They’re absolutely terrible

He was on some sports show the next day. He was showing the guy his stiff arm technique. Said you have to wait until the last second to do the stiff arm, or they'll be ready for you! His arms looked like sledgehammers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT