Derek Anderson is right

Status
Not open for further replies.
they lost to Detroit -Mercy in the MCC tournament
then they lost in the first round of the NCAAT to VTech

do not try to act like they were some great team
the 96 team should have blown them out

you make this too easy
Had they beat Virginia Tech they would have had to play Kentucky again. I can understand them losing.

they lost to Detroit -Mercy in the MCC tournament
then they lost in the first round of the NCAAT to VTech

do not try to act like they were some great team
the 96 team should have blown them out

you make this too easy
By the way what should the 2018 team have done to Kansas State? The 2019 team to Auburn?

You really make this easy.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Anyone here who takes shots at DA over this tweet, you tell me all I need to know about what type of Kentucky fan you are.
what does it say about DA taking a shot at Cal and this team?

at the very least his post was in very poor taste

how i feel about him taking a shot at Cal and this years team tells you that i am the type of fan that sees no reason to do something like that

By the way what should the 2018 team have done to Kansas State? The 2019 team to Auburn?

You really make this easy.
if you remember before the NCAAT most fans did not have high hopes for the 2018 team
the hope came after top teams started falling

keeps spinning you only make it easier

what does it say about DA taking a shot at Cal and this team?

at the very least his post was in very poor taste

how i feel about him taking a shot at Cal and this years team tells you that i am the type of fan that sees no reason to do something like that
It’s your choice if you decide to take what he said in that way. I didn’t see one word in that post about Cal or this UK team.

maybe you’re just paranoid

He's not pointing out some unnamed coach, he literally asked does ANY coach do it. He's talking about today's game as a whole. I agree with him.

Exactly. End of thread.

How many P5 teams are playing other P5 teams nowadays and scoring 60 points in a half let alone 70 or even 80. Hell, most teams aren't even putting up 50 points in halves.....against any team. Not even K, Self, Drew, or Oats' teams are having those types of halves other than occasionally.

Look at today https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/group/50

Only 7 teams scored more points in a game today than Kentucky. 1 of those was against a D-2. 1 game was a barn burner where the final score ended up being 96-93. The game isn't the same as back then.

Kentucky has scored over 90 points 5 times in their 15 games.

Remember earlier this year when Gonzaga and Duke played? Neither team had 50 at half. Neither team was even close to 100 at the end of the game. Hell, at halftime, both teams had 1 more point than UK had in that 1st half. Those are 2 teams that love offense(especially Gonzaga).

There haven't been many teams better than that UK team in the history of the game.

It’s your choice if you decide to take what he said in that way. I didn’t see one word in that post about Cal or this UK team.

maybe you’re just paranoid
he posts that after the lose to LSU and calls out the handoff which this team and Cal teaches/uses

not paranoid, just calling it for what it is
i am not naive

the 96 team played a balls to the wall style
that is what allowed them to score 86 in a half
it is also what caused them to give up 99 to a school like Marshal

as i stated at the very least it was in poor taste (i think you can agree with that)
still not as bad as what Rex did

he posts that after the lose to LSU and calls out the handoff which this team and Cal teaches/uses

not paranoid, just calling it for what it is
i am not naive

the 96 team played a balls to the wall style
that is what allowed them to score 86 in a half
it is also what caused them to give up 99 to a school like Marshal

as i stated at the very least it was in poor taste (i think you can agree with that)
still not as bad as what Rex did
I’m not paranoid and DA is a UK legend who is absolutely entitled to state his thoughts on the state of college basketball.

Last edited:
We have a guy in this thread taking a shot at the 96 team for only beating a team that had a 23-game winning streak by 12 points. What would you say about our victory over Georgia tonight? It was 15 points. The 96 team absolutely obliterated numerous opponents. Some of you need to put your cal love second to the University of Kentucky.

I’m not paranoid and DA is a UK legend who is absolutely entitled to state his thoughts on the state of college basketball.
i totally agree
that does not change the fact that it was at the very least in bad taste

i know he is a fan just like the rest of us
had he posted that two weeks ago then it would have been viewed as an innocent post
but his timing was with intent

There seems like a lot of jealousy amongst the the Pitino players towards Calipari and it’s been there from the day Calipari was hired.

Part of it could be that Cal use to embarrass Pitino on a regular basis… 🤷🏻‍♂️

The 1996 team is my favorite team of all time. The 2015 team is my 2nd favorite team of all time. Even though the 2015 team came up short, I don’t think the 96 team would win that battle. I think that 2015 team is the greatest college basketball team of all time. If those guys could have played 3/4 years together like 96, I’d say they maybe loose a total of 4 games in 4 years. Maybe! That was a collection of depth and talent we will never see again. But man oh man I’d give dang near anything to see some of those battles. Someone create a time machine! We can throw in the 2012 team as well!

On a side note, my buddy brought me an autographed poster from the 1998 game against Duke. The picture is of Cameron Mills hitting the go ahead 3. Jeff Sheppard and Cameron both autographed it. Not sure if those guys get on and read the board, I would if I was them, but thanks gentleman!

Reactions: ManitouDan
Umm… Cawood retired in 1992, four years before that game was played.
i-was-there-cawood.jpg

Nobody in this thread has been able to criticize DA's statement on the merits. They just attack him personally.
Plenty of people have went at what Anderson said on its merits. It’s just that it gets ignored. So yes, they scored 86 points in the first half and it was beautiful to watch, but without looking at a box score I’m willing to bet a great deal of that was generated from their defense, not because they ran some great sets.

Reactions: UKBrassowTipIN
Nobody in this thread has been able to criticize DA's statement on the merits. They just attack him personally.
Lsu had 31 turnovers...maybe that had something to do with it.

If you've ever paid attention to this board ppl are always on flavor of the week.

If a team presses and wins...why don't we do that.

Wheres the shooters

Wheres the upperclassmen

Wheres this, we need this, why doesn't he do this.

Literally anything any team does that wins that's what we are missing and it will change depending on whoever is winning across the country sometimes by the week.

Plenty of people have went at what Anderson said on its merits. It’s just that it gets ignored. So yes, they scored 86 points in the first half and it was beautiful to watch, but without looking at a box score I’m willing to bet a great deal of that was generated from their defense, not because they ran some great sets.
You're 'willing to bet?' Are you saying you've never even watched that game on youtube? Jeesh.

Yes there were a lot of turnovers but also a lot of passes from the outside to the inside for easy layups. The court vision of that team was incredible.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Lsu had 31 turnovers...maybe that had something to do with it.

If you've ever paid attention to this board ppl are always on flavor of the week.

If a team presses and wins...why don't we do that.

Wheres the shooters

Wheres the upperclassmen

Wheres this, we need this, why doesn't he do this.

Literally anything any team does that wins that's what we are missing and it will change depending on whoever is winning across the country sometimes by the week.
Good points, but that raises even more questions, like why Cal doesn't change things up when something's not working.

Why does he NEVER run a zone when it's so obviously called for? Why does he NEVER press? These kinds of things can be changed ON THE FLY by a competent coach. Look what Huggins did to Cal in 2010, shifted to a 1-3-1 and Cal's brain exploded, gray matter all over the court and we lost. That team should have gone the distance. Why doesn't Cal EVER draw up any more out of bounds plays? We know he knows how to do it, because he bragged before the SS game against IU to Crean that he had drawn up two new OB plays before the game.

You're 'willing to bet?' Are you saying you've never even watched that game on youtube? Jeesh.

Yes there were a lot of turnovers but also a lot of passes from the outside to the inside for easy layups. The court vision of that team was incredible.
Sorry, but I have a lot better things to do with my time than rewatch games from nearly 30 years ago.

UKs offense in those days was fueled by its defense. It wasn’t because Pitino designed some brilliant offensive sets. The 86 point half was an anomaly, not the norm.

Reactions: kl40504
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT