ADVERTISEMENT

Dennious Jackson

mrschwump

All-American
Nov 4, 2006
Anybody hearing anything on this player? Thought I heard/read he was visiting UK this weekend, did he or has he? TIA.

Kentucky has a good shot at landing this kid and can play immediately we need him bad to help anchor our defensive interior line 6 ft 5 335 lb nose guard

Anybody hearing anything on this player? Thought I heard/read he was visiting UK this weekend, did he or has he? TIA.
The back-story is that Jackson wants to come here but the office folks have to work with his juco transcript and try to get him admitted. They got Ivisic admitted but they couldn't get Penny Boone admitted. It is more complicated than some people think. There are rules, so all the details have to meet the rules.

The back-story is that Jackson wants to come here but the office folks have to work with his juco transcript and try to get him admitted. They got Ivisic admitted but they couldn't get Penny Boone admitted. It is more complicated than some people think. There are rules, so all the details have to meet the rules.

Hopefully we don't lose another athlete because our administrative people cant get things done. Very frustrating.

^ The admin can't do anything if the athlete doesn't meet the academic requirements.
Yet we have guys flitting around from school to school the way a bar girl moves from bar stool to bar stool when the fleet's in town. Peny Boone can't get into UK but can get into UCF? WTF?! These "academic requirements" don't seem to matter....unless the player lands at UK.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
If he can't get here by Jul 1 I'm not sure he can be developed quickly enough to help even just a handful of snaps a game. All we need would be 10-15 breaks for Silver a game. But Juco ain't the place for a 330 LB guy to get proper nutrition or S&C to play SEC football banging against NFL draft quality interior O linemen.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
If he can't get here by Jul 1 I'm not sure he can be developed quickly enough to help even just a handful of snaps a game. All we need would be 10-15 breaks for Silver a game. But Juco ain't the place for a 330 LB guy to get proper nutrition or S&C to play SEC football banging against NFL draft quality interior O linemen.
The good new is with still have Walker another season that can slide over to spell Silver some when needed. And enough good DT's to still have some depth. Just can't lose either Silver or Walker to injury.

Reactions: The-Hack
^ The admin can't do anything if the athlete doesn't meet the academic requirements.
That’s complete bullshit and you know that! Admistrations all over the damn country getting fringe guys qualified and we just happen to be the goody goods that still want to do everything by the damn book!!! NEWS FLASH……THE BOOK SHOULD BE OUT THE EFFIN WINDOW NOW!

That’s complete bullshit and you know that! Admistrations all over the damn country getting fringe guys qualified and we just happen to be the goody goods that still want to do everything by the damn book!!! NEWS FLASH……THE BOOK SHOULD BE OUT THE EFFIN WINDOW NOW!
You must be out of your bloody mind if you think enrollment rules do not apply. Your premise, which you are very sure is right, actually is not. Obviously you have never worked in a university administration.

Reactions: JASUN74
Either his transcript contains the required credits or else it does not. Sometimes they can take a summer school class or two and then go on scholarship in August. My understanding is that he will probably be able to get in.

You must be out of your bloody mind if you think enrollment rules do not apply. Your premise, which you are very sure is right, actually is not. Obviously you have never worked in a university administration.
You would be correct. I’ve never worked in university admin but I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that “some/lots” of administrations just make things happen that need to happen!

Central Florida didn’t seem to have any trouble or delay in getting Penny Boone in yet we had to let him walk? This isn’t an isolated incident. Let’s get em on the field!

Enrollment rules only apply to UK apparently…I guess since we’re such a bastion of higher academia 🙄

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Still nothing on this guy? If transcript was an issue he's had opportunity to take correspondence courses by now.
I have been searching around. Everybody is predicting him to UK. Watching his video's he does a good job drawing double team and at times can still make a tackle. The ideal size for that position in this league, makes me wonder with all the training and weight lifting what he could become with top of the line coaching he would get.

Still nothing on this guy? If transcript was an issue he's had opportunity to take correspondence courses by now.
Actually, it has been a very short time since UK coaches started recruiting Dennious Jackson and offered him. I have no clue whether he will qualify for UK admission, but I am certainly not surprised we don't know yet. If he qualifies for enrollment, he will be here.

Actually, it has been a very short time since UK coaches started recruiting Dennious Jackson and offered him. I have no clue whether he will qualify for UK admission, but I am certainly not surprised we don't know yet. If he qualifies for enrollment, he will be here.
Being facetious.

Saw earlier today this player is announcing July 8. As per Jackson and UK I have 2 questions: Who found Jackson and how much eligibility does he have left? Hope UK gets him.

Saw earlier today this player is announcing July 8. As per Jackson and UK I have 2 questions: Who found Jackson and how much eligibility does he have left? Hope UK gets him.
I read he has two years left. Don't know which coach found him. Just read that he flew under the radar and is way undervalued. Pro typical size at 6-5 335, imagine after a year here of weight and nutrition training and coaching.

I read he has two years left. Don't know which coach found him. Just read that he flew under the radar and is way undervalued. Pro typical size at 6-5 335, imagine after a year here of weight and nutrition training and coaching.
I just posted on House of Blue about this recruit: I believe he's from metro Atlanta, so he's played against really good competition in high school. The competition in JC football is also highly competitive in the state of California, similar to Mississippi, although I think it's better. I don't know who found him but I can guarantee you we've recruited lesser talented player in the near past. If he's able to give just a few plays a game this year he's worth a scholarship.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
I just posted on House of Blue about this recruit: I believe he's from metro Atlanta, so he's played against really good competition in high school. The competition in JC football is also highly competitive in the state of California, similar to Mississippi, although I think it's better. I don't know who found him but I can guarantee you we've recruited lesser talented player in the near past. If he's able to give just a few plays a game this year he's worth a scholarship.
Agreed, he's not expected to come in and play 90 plays. Give me 20 solid plays. Am curious how he got from Atlanta to California. His JUCO is not very good, but you're right, Cal JUCOs are pretty tough. Don't forget Silver has another year after '24. Really liked Jackson's film when I first saw it. Good feet, nice first step and uses his hands well.

That just isn't true, if an athlete/kid didn't take the classes or have the GPA he can't get in. People in the admittance office aren't going to risk their jobs by altering records. The last I heard anyone trying was AU, when one of the alum, a HS councilor, to where he would get admitted. They were caught, the kid was removed from school, the councilor lost her certification, her job and likely her career and AU came within a hair of losing their accrediation. UGA has had to tell some kids no, happens all over the conference. 50 years ago maybe so, but no administrator wants to lose their job and career for grade fudging and no college wants to lose its accrediation over changing an athlete's grade to get him in school. Too many kids out that can play to take that risk.

Reactions: JASUN74 and UKfirst
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT