ADVERTISEMENT

DeAndre Square to UK!

Forget the board junk, congrats to the young man for being on board a rising program at a great University. And congrats to our coaches for bringing in another valuable piece to the puzzle.

Not listed on our commit list yet, but we are 28th with 11 commits and Transfer U 30th with 11 commits. We have Williams and Poore not rated yet but the other nine average a 5.7, they have one unrated and their 10 average a 5.67.

His addition should boost us some, our coaches really wanted him, good enough for me.

Last edited:
So, that gives us the #1 OL and #3 LB according to Rivals from the talent rich state of Michigan? This is all so freaking INCREDIBLE!

Square is almost a 4* here and already has his 4th star on other sites. So our staff is now pulling top notch quality players that could play for ANYONE from MICHIGAN? I seriously do not think any other staff could recruit this well to Kentucky. None in my lifetime have, that's for sure!

I was happy with Ohio, KY, and FL. Now it looks like MI and GA are no problem for CMS either. To have the worst in state football talent in the SEC, BY FAR, and yet still recruit better than half of the teams in the SEC is nothing short of a miracle.

What a GREAT week to be a Kentucky fan!

So, that gives us the #1 OL and #3 LB according to Rivals from the talent rich state of Michigan? This is all so freaking INCREDIBLE!

Square is almost a 4* here and already has his 4th star on other sites. So our staff is now pulling top notch quality players that could play for ANYONE from MICHIGAN? I seriously do not think any other staff could recruit this well to Kentucky. None in my lifetime have, that's for sure!

I was happy with Ohio, KY, and FL. Now it looks like MI and GA are no problem for CMS either. To have the worst in state football talent in the SEC, BY FAR, and yet still recruit better than half of the teams in the SEC is nothing short of a miracle.

What a GREAT week to be a Kentucky fan!

Great post.

Pretty amazing isn't it?

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Surreal is the word that best describes this staff on the recruiting trail. There is a plan, and it is a good plan. The plan is being successfully pitched. Alleluia!

Reactions: UKCatnNC
Good looking prospect with a lot of upside and tools for the coaches to work with. When these guys first started landing these well sought after kids, I can't lie, at first I thought it might just be a fluke. Now after proving the recruiting wasn't just a one year swing upwards, our staff is for real and can find and recruit talent with the best of them. This kid will be another example of our staff knowing what talent looks like when not every school and coach in the country is recruiting him. Glad we found the right guys for the Kentucky job!

Reactions: wyldecat
I know he is highly regarded by the recruiting services, and reports from camp were good as well. However, I have a question.

What position does he project to in Stoops' defensive scheme? He looks too small to play either the SLB or Jack position, so is he being recruited to play either MLB or WLB?

I know he is highly regarded by the recruiting services, and reports from camp were good as well. However, I have a question.

What position does he project to in Stoops' defensive scheme? He looks too small to play either the SLB or Jack position, so is he being recruited to play either MLB or WLB?

Maybe a SS-type player. Maybe add weight to make him a Jones-type LB. I know his film is impressive, can really run and hits a ton. Also out of Cass Tech, a top notch HS program.

Forget the board junk, congrats to the young man for being on board a rising program at a great University. And congrats to our coaches for bringing in another valuable piece to the puzzle.

Not listed on our commit list yet, but we are 28th with 11 commits and Transfer U 30th with 11 commits. We have Williams and Poore not rated yet but the other nine average a 5.7, they have one unrated and their 10 average a 5.67.

His addition should boost us some, our coaches really wanted him, good enough for me.
Don't care about all that...tell me about his offer sheet.

Unless we change our defensive scheme, he will be a Will.

He's the same size in HS as Jones and Eli Brown so I would assume WLB all the way.

Unless we change our defensive scheme, he will be a Will.

Thanks for the replies. That seemed to make the most sense, but I was a little thrown off by his being listed as an OLB (which I realize he plays in HS and would in a 4-3 defense). I sometimes still have difficulty trying to project these guys in the KY defense.

Some of his recent pictures shows a decent frame. Kind of like Woodyard. MSU claims they backed off but I think not. They are having problems with Detroit kids due to problems inside their program ..involving Detroit kids. The city is ripe for the picking and Cass Tech is bigtime.

Great verbal for us. The future of the LB position is really starting to catch up to our secondary. If the D-line recruiting picks up we could have a great defense

Reactions: Poetax
I think the LBer position at UK for this upcoming season is as impressive as the secondary or very close.

I would argue that the LB group (4 positions) should be rated number 1 on the entire team going into 2017.

What's crazy is as of right now, only 1 LB will definitely be gone after 2017, right?

OLB - Ware JR, Bannerman FR-RS
MLB - Love SR, Kash Daniel SO, Walder FR-RS (any chance he bulks up to play MLB?)
WLB - Jones JR, Brown SO, Jamin Davis FR-Tr
OLB - Allen JR, Bonner JR, Watson FR-RS

The above doesn't even include incoming FR
- Paschal
- Alex King
- Jordan Wright
- Abadi-Fitzgerald - although reports are he may be growing into a down DE/DT in the mold of Miggins, Kengera Daniel, Z'Darius Smith, right?

That's just a great mix of proven talent and unproven yet highly recruited/regarded talent.

What's crazy is as of right now, only 1 LB will definitely be gone after 2017, right?

OLB - Ware JR, Bannerman FR-RS
MLB - Love SR, Kash Daniel SO, Walder FR-RS (any chance he bulks up to play MLB?)
OLB - Allen JR, Bonner JR, Watson FR-RS

The above doesn't even include incoming FR
- Paschal
- Alex King
- Jordan Wright
- Abadi-Fitzgerald - although reports are he may be growing into a down DE/DT in the mold of Miggins, Kengera Daniel, Z'Darius Smith, right?

That's just a great mix of proven talent and unproven yet highly recruited/regarded talent.

Walder is already at Mike. Watson plays both Jack and Sam. Abadi is a down lineman. With the emergence of Watson and the loss of Bell, Paschal may get a long look at RDE. Jordan should be at Jack and Alex at Sam.

JLB - Ware JR, Watson FR-RS, Bannerman FR-RS
MLB - Love SR, Kash Daniel SO, Walder FR-RS
SLB - Allen JR, Bonner JR, Watson FR-RS,

Walder is already at Mike. Watson plays both Jack and Sam. Abadi is a down lineman. With the emergence of Watson and the loss of Bell, Paschal may get a long look at RDE. Jordan should be at Jack and Alex at Sam.

JLB - Ware JR, Watson FR-RS, Bannerman FR-RS
MLB - Love SR, Kash Daniel SO, Walder FR-RS
SLB - Allen JR, Bonner JR, Watson FR-RS,

Thanks RV for the insight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT