ADVERTISEMENT

Dead man walking if FSU loses to Boston College

Just noticed how statue-like DJU is in the pocket. Takes his drop and then hardly moves his feet at all. Doesn't buy time much, doesn't step back or sideways to get a better throwing lane - nothing. When at Clemson, wasn't he a dual threat and would run fairly often? He's a stationary object in the pocket nowadays.

Completely missed a wide open WR for a TD late. If he'd have taken even one more step back, I think he would have seen that guy so open he didn't have to float it to the corner. Weird how he stands in the pocket to me. Like he's been so overcoached that he just mechanically takes his drop like he's hitting his mark as an actor and doesn't deviate.

Reactions: hmt5000
Starting the year 0-2 would be a disappointment, but I doubt Norvell’s job is in any danger. That program was in a really rough place after the tail end of Jimbo’s tenure immediately followed by the Willie Taggart disaster. Getting them back to 10-3 by his third season and 13-1 in his fourth buys him some time barring a major scandal.

Good lord. Brain dead coach puts his struggling QB in that position in a one possession game? But DJ can't make that throw...

If you’re talking about that 4th down conversion attempt, that was incredibly stupid. I don’t know how you justify that.
Maybe but Norvell is a moron for going for it on his own 45 early in the 3rd in a 1 score game for 5 yds.
He is not ready for prime time. Needs to head back to Western Tenn.

100% agree. DJ also has the habit of throwing 5 yards short of what you really need. There were rumors about him coming here, very very glad he didn’t. I’ve been watching him suck for 5 years now.

Florida state came within an eyelash of the playoffs last year. So he has built collateral. I can see him surviving a 6-6 type year

Reactions: m080470
When will the:

BRING DEION HOME

Chants start?
Not until he proves he can go .500 on a weak schedule at least. I like Deion but he has a QB and one of the best weapons in College in Hunter and they still struggle to win throwing for 450 yards a game. Their defense is still small and their lines are weak.

Eh sorta maybe. If FSU went undefeated after the first loss, and lost the ACC title game, they still could have got in as a low seed because of rep. Not now. They be toast.
At this point they will be lucky to go .500 the way they look with DJ leading them. The defense isn’t a stout and the lines don’t look nearly as strong this year. They are lucky the ACC is so weak but they aren’t getting off to a great start to the mid level teams in the league.

Reactions: StubbornPenny
Eh sorta maybe. If FSU went undefeated after the first loss, and lost the ACC title game, they still could have got in as a low seed because of rep. Not now. They be toast.

I think it will be Miami or whoever wins the acc title game. Same with dog crap big 12.

It's a power 2 now. We just need to get this over with and sec and big 10 go to 20 teams each or whatever and form a true playoff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT