ADVERTISEMENT

Day 611 and counting. America's "greatest AD" still unemployed.

Why would Jurich need to get another job? He's set until he's 92 years old.

https://insiderlouisville.com/education/uofl-settles-with-former-ad-tom-jurich-for-4-5m/

As part of the “complete, mutual and amicable” agreement, Jurich will receive $4.5 million in a specific settlement sum. The money will come from the Hickman-Camp Fund, a quasi-endowment for ULAA, a UofL spokesman said.

However, Jurich’s total settlement agreement is worth at least $7.17 million, including $1.76 million in annuity payments through 2025, $911,000 in deferred compensation, healthcare and sports tickets for the next 20 years.

He is 72? If you can live his lifestyle for the next 20 years on $45,000/year worth of compensation, healthcare and sports tickets.

He'll apparently get $250k/year until 2025. Add in the tickets and health care that bumps him to about $300K. I believe his $4mil settlement would be taxed in half the year paid and of course his attorneys likely took a huge bite. All in all he will not starve but he is a fraction of the man he use to be.

His base pay at LilBro was 1.3 mil. More likely 2 to 3 MIL year.

How does saying I would rather have a better AD not make me a cat fan? Jurich is the best. Barnhart is terrible
Tommy Turtleneck is a sleaze and a dam crook I are you to dam stupid to realize that !! I would never what that scum anywhere near anything related to the University of Kentucky

Reactions: RogerIndy
No he’s not! He’s upgraded all the facilities and the coaches! We’re the only school in the country to have a first round pick in all three major pro leagues and we also had a first round pick in softball and soccer! Move along UL fan you outed yourself!

He upgraded football after fans revolted. He hired Cal after fans revolted. When is the last time you’ve seen at a major division program in any major sport go a whole year without a contract? The answer is only once and it’s incompetence. Now look at Cals new deal, it’s a horrible deal for UK. Barnhart is the worst AD in division 1.

Three major scandals involving his men’s basketball coach and TJ did absolutely nothing from discipline standpoint. Win at all costs, morals and ethics be da@mned.

Reactions: the stat man
He upgraded football after fans revolted. He hired Cal after fans revolted. When is the last time you’ve seen at a major division program in any major sport go a whole year without a contract? The answer is only once and it’s incompetence. Now look at Cals new deal, it’s a horrible deal for UK. Barnhart is the worst AD in division 1.
Like I said about TJ earlier. If you agree with his methods that's up to you. Just keep your mouth shut if your daughter gets the crap beat out of her. Woman beating is either wrong or it isn't, all I ask is consistency.

Ha. Are you Zipp?

I’m not the world’s biggest Mitch fan but we just had student athletes get drafted in the) first round of all three major sports. Our sports have multiple national championships, the university has one of the highest money earning licensing departments (tied with Texas), 13 of our sports teams marked PERFECT APR scores (basketball included).

In addition:

• In November, it was announced that UK Athletics set a record for NCAA Graduation Success Rate. UK has broken or tied the GSR record every year since the NCAA began measuring that statistic in 2005.
  • UK athletes have posted an overall grade-point average over 3.0 in 13 consecutive semesters.
  • When the Southeastern Conference Winter Sports Academic Honor Roll was announced, UK led the way with 78 honorees.
  • As mentioned above, it was announced that a school-record six UK teams won APR public recognition awards for being in the top 10 percent in the nation in their sports.
  • Including the December 2018 and May 2019 Commencement ceremonies, 99 Wildcat student-athletes earned degrees during the 2018-19 school year.
As for Cal’s latest contract it keeps him here until retirement. That’s GOOD for UK PERIOD. Stoops is showing improvements with the football program.

And oh. Mitch DID just win AD of The Year.

But you’re right. Let’s ditch Mitch and go get a lying, cheating woman beating scum bag.
I mean, seriously. Mitch may not be the be-all end-all of of great UK ADs, but he’s done a pretty decent job.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerIndy
Rob's just angry about being wrong about Mitch and his boy Turtleneck. Most people would just let that die and hope people will eventually forget it, but some like to remind people of their terrible takes.

Its frankly almost impossible to still believe what he is saying. LilBro is widely known as being dirty and that is BECAUSE of Jurich. He is 600+ days out of work because that is seen by almost every reasonable and ethical administrator out there. Of course it appears that Rob has Stockholm Syndrome. For me that is not an excuse.

Reactions: JDHoss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT