ADVERTISEMENT

Dating Apps for seniors

Tskware

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
I am long time married, so have zero personal interest in any App, but reason for this thread is that we have a friend, lets call her "Leslie", mid 60s, who lost her husband a few years ago and is now back in the dating pool. I even set her up with a golfing buddy, which went nowhere. But she has been using a dating App, and dated one guy for about a year, they broke up, then met another guy after several more tries. I have to say it has been more than a little amusing to listen to my wife and her friends who have reverted to HS, gossiping about Leslie and the men she has been dating. One guy they looked up on FB and one of them said "Ew, he's not cute at all". I mean, WTF is that supposed to mean? Hell, the guy is probably 68 years old, of course he is not "cute" anymore. Lets be honest, none of us in our mid 60s are.

So has any of the senior posters used these Apps? I would be curious to hear the experiences. I can understand why young people, especially those in big metro areas, where you might not run into the same person twice in a month, would use a dating App. Have heard some success stories and marriages from them.

But at my age, personally, I think I would be weirded out, like going to a restaurant and ordering from a menu. Besides, I just don't think it would be THAT hard for me to meet eligible women if something happened to my wife. I have my beer in hand, so lets hear some dating App stories,

a man wearing glasses and a blue vest says me setting up my tinder profile .

• Haha
Reactions: Tskware
So, Leslie wants an App that can transform her 65-year-old face and body that of a 30-year-old, so she can date men who look like 36 year-olds?

I'm not sure they have that yet.

I am long time married, so have zero personal interest in any App, but reason for this thread is that we have a friend, lets call her "Leslie", mid 60s, who lost her husband a few years ago and is now back in the dating pool. I even set her up with a golfing buddy, which went nowhere. But she has been using a dating App, and dated one guy for about a year, they broke up, then met another guy after several more tries. I have to say it has been more than a little amusing to listen to my wife and her friends who have reverted to HS, gossiping about Leslie and the men she has been dating. One guy they looked up on FB and one of them said "Ew, he's not cute at all". I mean, WTF is that supposed to mean? Hell, the guy is probably 68 years old, of course he is not "cute" anymore. Lets be honest, none of us in our mid 60s are.

So has any of the senior posters used these Apps? I would be curious to hear the experiences. I can understand why young people, especially those in big metro areas, where you might not run into the same person twice in a month, would use a dating App. Have heard some success stories and marriages from them.

But at my age, personally, I think I would be weirded out, like going to a restaurant and ordering from a menu. Besides, I just don't think it would be THAT hard for me to meet eligible women if something happened to my wife. I have my beer in hand, so lets hear some dating App stories,
Doesn't sound like Leslie is really a friend of your wife's if she's making fun of her life behind her back. Do Leslie a favor and tell her to find better friends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT