ADVERTISEMENT

Darryn Peterson down to 4 schools

Same, but I'd rather compete with Kansas than a team like Duke who focuses on freshmen. If he's solely looking for money, then I'm definitely super concerned about Kansas. Only time will tell though. This is a nice start nonetheless.
If he's solely looking for money, then I don't want him here. Had enough of that crap over the years.

I like Pope in this race.

tenor.gif

I like what Pope said on KSR when asked about recruiting top tier talent. That it's definitely still in the plans.

Exactly . If someone doesn’t want players that is looking for money good luck watching college basketball.

If you’re mad at players wanting money or wanting to go to the Nba then I don’t know what to tell anyone .
You didn't read my post, then. I said guys "solely looking for money". Pope is looking for guys who are looking to win big in college (first) and get paid to play (second), while possibly prepping for the NBA (third). Specifically in that order. It almost sounds like you're mad at Pope :)

Last edited:
There can be a healthy balance. Uk offers 700K and ample playing time while KU offers an even million but with a roster loaded at your position (just an example). You don’t always just have to go with the highest bidder.
And if college devolves to everyone offering more and more NIL, then the college game will be dead in no time. Whether certain people here watch it or not.

And if college devolves to everyone offering more and more NIL, then the college game will be dead in no time. Whether certain people here watch it or not.
It will all implode eventually as people with money will stop giving so much in a few years. Those with money have it for a reason and they aren’t going to piss it all away by giving to teenagers to play ball.

If he's solely looking for money, then I don't want him here. Had enough of that crap over the years.
You do realize that Mashburn and Delk both almost left UK a year earlier than they did. The main reason they came back was because they wanted to be drafted higher and make more money.

These kids can want to make a living and love Kentucky simultaneously. It's totally proper that their living comes first.

You do realize that Mashburn and Delk both almost left UK a year earlier than they did. The main reason they came back was because they wanted to be drafted higher and make more money.

These kids can want to make a living and love Kentucky simultaneously. It's totally proper that their living comes first.
It goes against the original purpose of going to college / university, and scholarships. You get a scholarship in something because a school felt you were good enough in what you were doing to help them out that they offered to pay for all your room, board, food, books and tuition. And now they want more than scholarships when most of them don't even really care about school and playing for that school? That's what Pope is about. The point of an education is so that when you're done you'll be able to (hopefully) get out there and make decent money. If they're not about education, then I'm not cool with that, and they can move along. I'm not ever going to sell out the point of education.

If he reclasses I like Kentuckys chances if he stays in 2025 it’s Kansas
to begin with that is not correct
the odds of him staying in the 25 class is about 1%
he grew up a UK fan. before Cal left i would put the odds at 80% UK
now i think UK is still the favorite but by a very slim margin

to begin with that is not correct
the odds of him staying in the 25 class is about 1%
he grew up a UK fan. before Cal left i would put the odds at 80% UK
now i think UK is still the favorite but by a very slim margin
So you think he reclasses? The growing up a UK fan was the kiss of death under cal.

Yes.
And I think they trusted Pitino's judgement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT