ADVERTISEMENT

Daron Holmes

1war

Junior
Oct 1, 2005
Has there been any scuttlebutt on Daron, he's not in the portal or the draft, surely he's not going back to Dayton?

Has there been any scuttlebutt on Daron, he's not in the portal or the draft, surely he's not going back to Dayton?
Dayton was lucky to get him to return for this previous season.

With the potential package of Wiliams and Osobor, if you added Holmes to that group, then we would have a championship caliber frontcourt. I just don't know who you are convincing to come off the bench. Holmes at any major program with talent around him can be a championship piece.

Reactions: blubo
Holmes seems to be extremely comfortable and happy in Dayton. A lot of teams tried to lure him last year to transfer only to be shunned. I expect him to go to the draft, but surely a team with a lot of NIL money could find away to get him the second time around…

This kid would instantly jump into the overall #1 spot in the portal rankings if/when he announces, in my book. Holmes is elite and and a guy you could build around. If he does go into the portal, Kentucky better put on the full-court press for him. This kid is special!

Reactions: EliteBlue
When the portal gets close to closing I would think there will be a lot of pretty good players scrambling for homes. Those who were holding out for big nil money and nobody called. Might be a good time to fill up with bench players. Right?

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Holmes seems to be extremely comfortable and happy in Dayton. A lot of teams tried to lure him last year to transfer only to be shunned. I expect him to go to the draft, but surely a team with a lot of NIL money could find away to get him the second time around…
He's projecting as a second round draft pick. He's one of those players who could conceivably make more in college with NIL than getting a second round NBA contract. If AJ Storr was getting offers of over $1 million, then Holmes will get higher offers than that.

If he puts his name in the portal, he’s immediately the number 1 portal player. He is a phenomenal player I’ve been watching him up there for years. If you haven’t seen him play and don’t know how he gets his production, his typical game he’ll have 7 points, 4 boards, and an assist with 13 mins left in the 2nd with Dayton up 4 in like a 43-39 game. You start to think this guy doesn’t really have much of a motor. Then at some stretch in those final 12-13 minutes, he’ll get an easy 2, followed by a block that leads to a Brea 3 in transition. Dayton’s Arena’s roof is about to blow off when Holmes streaks through the lane picks off a pass for a showtime dunk at the other end. The fans up there turn the hell up man it’s pretty cool. All the sudden you look up and it’s like 53-44 because Holmes just affected the game that much. Then they nurse that lead and win 61-55 and you see Holmes stat line 15/8/2/2/3 and you’re like “god damn, if this dude ever hits the freakin portal someone might give him a blank check”.

Any relation to John?

Aplysina_archeri_%28Stove-pipe_Sponge-pink_variation%29.jpg

Plenty of minutes for Holmes, Osobor, and Williams. 80 minutes a game at the 4 and 5 spots. That’s over 27 minutes a piece.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
He’s very good. We’d be very fortunate to get him, if he enters the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT