ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Mullen...

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
Could he and Stoops coexist if he was our next OC and bring along his chosen OL coach? I think Stoops would HAVE to guarantee him FULL autonomy over the play calling and stay out of the way except maybe going for 2 or a 4th down attempt.

Dan mullen lacked an explosive offense his last few years save for Trask, who would've stayed buried on the bench had we not injured franks.

Today's offense passed him by. If we're going outdated offense might as well go triple option

I think Dan could probably get a head coaching job that would pay better than an OC position here. If he did come it would be exciting though
Maybe, but would he mind coming here for maybe 1.5/2 million a year and be thorn in Fla, puke orange and Miss. St. Side?

Reactions: TNTUK
I think Dan could probably get a head coaching job that would pay better than an OC position here. If he did come it would be exciting though
Agree
Dan was a dang good offensive minded coach.

If he would have stayed at Miss St he would still be winning 8-10 games a year and possibly another win for a bowl each year.

Florida was to much for him.

Reactions: cat888
Cannot say what Dan might want to do down the road. The ego is strong with him, so perhaps he do it. Not sure I see a Power 5 school giving him a HC job in the next few years, though he was a good OC, even if he wouldn't play Trask until forced to do so and refusing to utilize one of the best young RBs in the NFL this year.
The issue with Dan seemed to be recruiting, such as famously saying he wouldn't discuss recruiting until "recruiting season" .... as if it ever really ends at this level.
And to a lesser degree, organizational skills and the ability to let his friends go from the staff when they just were not cutting it (see Grantham). No ill will towards him, however. He gave us his best, it just wasn't good enough.

Reactions: Ldgator
I’d love to get a younger guy on the way up (like Coen was) as opposed to a washed up older coach like Scang, Mullen, Morehead, etc

Reactions: entropy13
Could he and Stoops coexist if he was our next OC and bring along his chosen OL coach? I think Stoops would HAVE to guarantee him FULL autonomy over the play calling and stay out of the way except maybe going for 2 or a 4th down attempt.
You already know the answer to that Danny. Lol

He’s making 7 million not to coach. He has a part time gig as an analyst. Never happen. I’d take Art Briles in a heartbeat.
No way Stoops is going after a guy like AB...just throwing DM name out there to see what everybody thinks. By the way Mullen is only 50.

Saw somebody on Twitter mention Brian hartline, I know he is the WR coach for OSU and they always have good receivers, but I have no idea if he would be a good coordinator or not

He's been a head coach a long time, be hard not being the top guy. Plus he is just an odd guy. If he could accept he wasn't in charge would be a great hire if he didn't have to recruit.
Story was he was particularly lacking in that area. Not sure how Stoops would react when he showed up as Darth Vader but I’d give $100 to see it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🥹

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT