ADVERTISEMENT

Dam, happy to sad in .5 secs

Are we a threat with Drew? POLL

• Total voters
I guess depends on who you listen to. Your guy might be right. I heard he might be fired if he loses the play in game.

His big thing back to back just got matched maybe that means something to someone. Probably not. But sure hoping.
So, if the rumors are true that you’re not getting any of the top tier guys, who would you turn your attention to?

Reactions: PrinceofPain
Barney needs to realize uk fans expect to win now. Like in two years be in the thick of it. Pitino is the only real short term option.
Do you think Mitch wants to lose? Some people on here are unreasonable. I am certain he wants to make the best hire possible not only for the University, but his legacy as well. A lot of this stuff is done behind the scenes with agents and feelers so that you don't end up just getting told no over and over and look desperate. I am certain that he will go after the best guy he can get that wants to be here. I just hope the fans don't act like idiots soon as they get here before they have even coached a single game.

So we haven't even run Cal out of town and people are disappointed in our next likely coach. Amazing.

I guess depends on who you listen to. Your guy might be right. I heard he might be fired if he loses the play in game.

His big thing back to back just got matched maybe that means something to someone. Probably not. But sure hoping.

And with Billy you get NO RECRUITS, a coach who hasn’t stepped foot in the new world, has limited connections. We would SUCK for a year or more while he tried to figure it out. Donovan is a NAME, this isn’t 2007. I’m tellin ya man, some of you are just out of it. You hear these names and get suckered at the allure, and you don’t understand the business. Donovan would probably be average at best at Kentucky, and it would take a long time for him to figure out the new way. He’s older too, and doesn’t like to recruit. So

No recruiting class
Doesn’t like to recruit
He’s old
Never experienced the portal
Has no staff for college basketball

Do you just want us to suck? You just hear his NAME and it turns you on. It’s in your head.

Drew is way, way better of a hire than Donovan. And every metric we can go by shows that.

Now calm down and think about it more. You want Edgecombe? You want a guy who can kill it in the portal? You want an elite floor coach? You want a chance at a title team next season and a guy Reed would possibly come back for to go with it?

THATS SCOTT DREW.

Last edited:
Reactions: TM2013
Dude I'm not getting those bucks. Someone is righ5? I hope. I'd pay Oats it's half of firing Cal which would have has to happen next year. Been saying it since he was at Buffalo.

Sorry your boy left us for the hogs.
Cal’s not my boy and I’m glad we moved on from him. So, you’re upset about Drew but don’t have a better option in mind that would come here? Got it.

I'll bet you big bucks right here public if it's Drew that he won't win a title at Kentucky, interested?
That’s not my point. I have no idea if he will be successful or not. I never said I thought he’d kill it here. My point is when the top tier guys turn you down, he’s on that next level, whether you want him or not. I’m still waiting for the guys you want to hire.

I'll bet you big bucks right here public if it's Drew that he won't win a title at Kentucky, interested?

I’ll take a bet that he’d eventually win a title here ALL DAY. How you think the odds would be in your favor LMAO.

He’s an elite recruiter
He’s got a title and probably 2 *covid already
He won at the worst power 5 in basketball after MURDER SCANDALS in BUM F* WAVO TEXAS.
Elite portal recruiter
Elite floor coach

One of the BEST in the business and he’s done it at BAYOR. You need to accept what’s happening here, you’re way out there and not thinking this through at all.

This means you DEFINITELY would have turned down Bill Self for the Kentucky job, including other highly qualified candidates.

If we can pull off Drew it’s big time.

Stop. Stop. Stop.

End of the day I love the program going back to with my pops in the 70s. I don't think Drew is the guy. Didn't think Sutton was or BCG. I want the best always have.

Nah I get that. We all want Hurley. But Hurley isn’t happening. Rethink Drew. Remember Baylor is a graveyard who nobody wanted to coach and no players want to be there in Waco lol . Think about Kentucky and the differences.

We will be very lucky if we can pull this guy away from there.

I’m not the biggest Drew guy but it’s funny how ppl slobber over Hurley for winning back to back, but having mediocre runs around them

When Baylor was the best team in the country 2 years in a row, and could’ve easily won back to back in the tournament didn’t get shut down

The perception would be completely different

That’s not my point. I have no idea if he will be successful or not. I never said I thought he’d kill it here. My point is when the top tier guys turn you down, he’s on that next level, whether you want him or not. I’m still waiting for the guys you want to hire.
Your arguing with a guy just off work. I'm just tired I just think Drew is safe and the university of Kentucky should never be safe. If it's up to me Cal would have been fired years ago so why do i have to name names now after he left us?

Reactions: dl51344
Nah I get that. We all want Hurley. But Hurley isn’t happening. Rethink Drew. Remember Baylor is a graveyard who nobody wanted to coach and no players want to be there in Waco lol . Think about Kentucky and the differences.

We will be very lucky if we can pull this guy away from there.
I don't have anything against Drew, except for the fact that he HAS won a title already. I'm w/ rideordie, give me a hungry coach. Someone who's desperate to win their first title. UK has never had a coach win their 2nd title at UK while having one already. So, a Bruce Pearl or young up and comer...Florida coach or Will Wade...type is what I'd like to see hired.

Dude I'm not getting those bucks. Someone is righ5? I hope. I'd pay Oats it's half of firing Cal which would have has to happen next year. Been saying it since he was at Buffalo.

Sorry your boy left us for the hogs.

I cannot imagine a world where people actually think Nate Oats is more qualified for KENTUCKY than Scott Drew. It’s absolutely asinine to think that. Oats is a hit and miss guy, who misses a LOT. I don’t think he’d be a bad hire but the way people are clamoring for him is ABSURD. Some of you have lost your minds. Calipari has battered the hell out of us. Listen to this crap.
I don't have anything against Drew, except for the fact that he HAS won a title already. I'm w/ rideordie, give me a hungry coach. Someone who's desperate to win their first title. UK has never had a coach win their 2nd title at UK while having one already. So, a Bruce Pearl or young up and comer...Florida coach or Will Wade...type is what I'd like to see hired.

100% understand that. But Pearl is a really damaged guy and you can’t trust him with our baby. This program means too much to trust it with a POS like Pearl. We already went down this road with Calipari and it’s cost us in droves.

Scott Drew, I get it. I worry about that too, is he still hungry. But every measure we have says he is. I want Edge next season. I want that class. I want his coaching abilities and I want his portal abilities. We have the one thing Drew has never had, a REAL PROGRAM and he hasn’t even NEEDED it.

Drew is the absolute best hire we could dream of right now. And the way he values his program, not the NBA, the way he coaches on the floor and the way he can retain great players. He’s the PERFECT antidote for Calipari apathy.

Come on yall, the difference in him coming or not is how well he sees the fanbase receive him in this moment. We mess this up you don’t even want to know where it goes next.

Your arguing with a guy just off work. I'm just tired I just think Drew is safe and the university of Kentucky should never be safe. If it's up to me Cal would have been fired years ago so why do i have to name names now after he left us?
My argument is that there might not be better guys left. I agree 100% that Drew is not a top 5 option, but reality is setting in that none of those guys are coming. Any guy you hire ones you move to the next tier is going to have holes in their resume.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Drew is as basic as it gets. We haven't been to a FF in a decade. We aren't competitive in the SEC. We are becoming the blueblood joke. Drew is not the Rockstar to get us back. He's the safety blanket of Barney. He doesn't move the needle. He holds us in place to be passed.
I remember when Calipari was the biggest " rockstar " coaching in college BB. Guess what? Drew has won as many championships as he has.

My argument is that there might not be better guys left. I agree 100% that Drew is not a top 5 option, but reality is setting in that none of those guys are coming. Any guy you hire ones you move to the next tier is going to have holes in their resume.

Drew, who would be the most accomplished coach we’ve ever hired, who’s an excellent recruiter and floor coach, who’s won in the biggest state at the worst program, isn’t a top 5 candidate.

I must be on heroin or something because this just isn’t making a lick of sense.

What’s about to happen is we’re gonna end up with a bad coach or unproven guy while we watch Scott Drew hang more banners at Baylor, or worse, another job that we’re competing against.

If it’s not Drew then the only other option to sustain ourselves is Beard. If it’s not Beard we’re done unless we get lucky on an up and comer.

The guy is BEATING Kentucky and Duke for elite recruits in Waco Texas, but not a top 5 option. It’s absolute madness.

Hire anyone but safety net Drew. For those saying he's the guy I can't wait til Cal beats him at Rupp then the shitters are shitting their pants. Get it.

It could happen. Got to get the guy!!!
Drew came into Rupp against Cal and broke the longest win streak in Rupp Arena history. And for good measure beat Cal again the next season.

Look man, Calipari was atrocious. What you’re doing here is setting yourself up for a massive disappointment. The names you want are not coming…try and let that sink in.

Oats is a hit or miss, flash in the pan, streaky guy. He could just as easily get his ass handed to him or make a final four. Why everyone is so high on him don’t know. His final four this year was purely the luck of the draw. He had his ass handed to him by Calipari, had a horrible defense all year, just got a little lucky at he end but had ZERO chance to win a title. Not saying he would be terrible, but not getting the rage with Oats.

Drew has built something that NO ONE has done in the history of college basketball. He’s the absolute best hire we can get more than likely. And he’s a terrific recruiter and knows how to win in the portal. Looking back at his rosters, he’s been damn good at getting players to return. Then you have the fact that his recruiting class is THE BEST we could bring in compared to others. Edgecombe likely comes with him as would Siss, you simply DO NOT TURN THAT DOWN.

Yes you watched KENTUCKY and CALIPARI beat BAYLOR when Scott Drew ran into elite Calipari during his big years, or Scott Drew would have had ANOTHER final four right there. What does you and your father watching that game go against Drew matter? You sound pretty ridiculous man and you’re not thinking this through. YES, Baylor ran into KENTUCKY. DREW had BAYLOR. Nearly another final four right there at a GRAVEYARD.

Baylor basketball is a GRAVEYARD. He’s made them a POWER PROGRAM. There’s no telling what this guy would do with Kentucky. You need to chill out and quit trying to run off elite coaches because you don’t get it.

And why you’re expecting Drew to be in a final four every single year that’s NOT HAPPENING. Billy Donovan, outside of his titles, isn’t that impressive either but he did that at FLORIDA. And Drew likely had TWO NATIONAL TITLES if not for COVID. Hello? BAYLOR!! Not UK; BAYLOR BASKETBALL.

We will dodge a bullet if he takes this because I’m telling you, the next tier is a MASSIVE DROPOFF. MASSIVE.

So quit. You don’t put together what he has at Baylor and suck at Kentucky. It WONT HAPPEN. And you need to go check out Bill Self before Kansas; when he was at a program BETTER THAN BAYLOR. Worlds better and didn’t have HALF the results. This program elevates coaches and Drew will kill it. Edgecombe at UK next season with the portal he will kill it. STOP THE MADNESS.
You make good points. I hope you're right. This is Barnhart's most important hire of his career. It's over for him at Kentucky if it doesn't work out.

Honest question:

How many NCAA coaches have outperformed Drew over the last 5 years?

Hurley. Maybe Self. Who else?

Please advise.
Considering Baylor hasn't won a conference tournament and has been past the 2nd rd once in that time frame, I would say several.

I get he won a title, but what else has he done at Baylor?

Reactions: dl51344
I remember when Calipari was the biggest " rockstar " coaching in college BB. Guess what? Drew has won as many championships as he has.
Right. He's bottomed out. No guy has ever come to UK after winning a title elsewhere and won one here. But you are going all in on Drew doing it right? First ever, greatest of all time.

Considering Baylor hasn't won a conference tournament and has been past the 2nd rd once in that time frame, I would say several.

I get he won a title, but what else has he done at Baylor?
Then please name them. Drew has earned 3 #1 seeds the last 5 years and won a title. We haven't had a 1 seed in 10 years and the last time we had 3 #1 seeds in a row was 95, 96, 97 with Pitino.

You make good points. I hope you're right. This is Barnhart's most important hire of his career. It's over for him at Kentucky if it doesn't work out.

Barnhart should have already been fired and I wouldn’t trust him with Calipari's dog’s vet schedule. But this to me is the right play, it’s the safer play, and when you have “safe” and “upside” you take it every time.

We need that class he’s got elite recruits and he’s one of the best floor coaches in the game. I was watching some of Baylor’s games tonight, all I can say is wow. Pairing him with a kid like Travis Perry and potentially Reed? Edgecombe? Sis? With his portal abilities? We have a shot at a national championships next year.

You get none of that with a guy like Donovan. It’s just a no brainer to me.

The Blues guy is Leadbelly by the way. A troll who doesn’t want UK to land Drew. Pay him no attention. He’s just spinning anything negative he can find, ignoring the positives, and pretending Baylor basketball somehow deserves better than Drew lol. He’s not even clever.

Really? What are all of Scott Drew's accomplishments at Baylor? How many conference titles? Conference championships? F4'S?
Well he was going to be a 1 seed the year the tourney was canceled and Cal was going to be a 3 seed. The next year Drew was a 1 seed and destroyed undefeated Gonzaga in the title game. Then the year Cal lost to St Peter’s Drew was a 1 seed again. The following year Drew was a 3 seed while Cal was a 6 seed.

He was doing all that the last 5 years while competing in by far the toughest conference in basketball.

For anyone to say that Drew is the same as Cal just shows how stupid they are.

Barnhart should have already been fired and I wouldn’t trust him with Calipari's dog’s vet schedule. But this to me is the right play, it’s the safer play, and when you have “safe” and “upside” you take it every time.

We need that class he’s got elite recruits and he’s one of the best floor coaches in the game. I was watching some of Baylor’s games tonight, all I can say is wow. Pairing him with a kid like Travis sorry and potentially Reed? Edgecombe? Sis? With his portal abilities? We have a shot at a national championships next year.

You bet none of that with a guy like Donovananout t. It’s just a no brainer to me.thinking
I was thinking about that but Edgecombe was down to them and Dook. Dook looks crazy strong already. All they need is us to flush a Edgecombe to them.

I was thinking about that but Edgecombe was down to them and Dook. Dook looks crazy strong already. All they need is us to flush a Edgecombe to them.

That’s a risk, but he was down to us, Duke, and Baylor. So he’d be getting one of his final 3, the bigger conference, the bigger stage, and the coach he wants there’s little chance he wouldn’t be coming.

Turn this around we want Drew.

Drew, who would be the most accomplished coach we’ve ever hired, who’s an excellent recruiter and floor coach, who’s won in the biggest state at the worst program, isn’t a top 5 candidate.

I must be on heroin or something because this just isn’t making a lick of sense.

What’s about to happen is we’re gonna end up with a bad coach or unproven guy while we watch Scott Drew hang more banners at Baylor, or worse, another job that we’re competing against.

If it’s not Drew then the only other option to sustain ourselves is Beard. If it’s not Beard we’re done unless we get lucky on an up and comer.

The guy is BEATING Kentucky and Duke for elite recruits in Waco Texas, but not a top 5 option. It’s absolute madness.
My biggest concern is in his last 10 seasons, he’s only made it out of the first weekend twice…a sweet 16 and a national title.

Now, he’s proven he can win it all and I feel like he’s in that group that is the next best option, but no, I don’t put him in the top tier.

Then please name them. Drew has earned 3 #1 seeds the last 5 years and won a title. We haven't had a 1 seed in 10 years and the last time we had 3 #1 seeds in a row was 95, 96, 97 with Pitino.
I don’t know them all nor do I have the time to list then all.

3 #1 seeds and made it out of the 2nd rd once? Wow!

Now does being a 1 seed equate to titles? Do we get banners for that?

Tell us how many F4's does he have? What about E8s? In the last decade, how many times has Drew been past the sw16?

How many conference tournaments has he won? What about conference titles? How many times has he had the big12 tournament finals?

What's his record against KU? What about against the top 25?

I was also there in ATL E8 when Cal sent him packing. So????
Yeah and that was 12 seasons ago and Calipari hasn’t won it since. That has been with the most NBA first round picks and stars in the history of basketball.

What a dumb ass to think Cal is currently a better coach than Drew who has THREE top 5 rankings the last 5 years while Cal had the worst season in UK history and the two worst losses in our Tourney history while winning an astonishing 63 percent of his games the last 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT