ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas and Kentucky fan

Except more than the Cowboys.
To me one of the best NFC vs AFC games. No matter if one team is bad that year and the other a superbowl contender they seem to really get up for the game (both sides). Loved the games back in the mid 70's through mid 80's.

No team gets more prime time and game of the week games than Americas Team-every season. Even when we’re bad the haters want to watch us lose. It’s an obsession.

We can’t win the big ones…but ya can’t take Americas team title away. (It’s all I got. I’m asking nicely)

This! How the hell can someone from Kentucky be a Cowboys fan?
Sounds like bandwagon follow the popular team fans to me.
This is dumb. I didn't choose to follow the Raiders. I was chosen to be Raider Nation. Don't diss others for your poor choice in an NFL team.
It’s like being a UK fan in basketball and OSU fan in football. Or even worse..UK/Bama. People come up with excuses why they’re like that..but save them.

Root for who you want, but don’t be surprised when you get flack for it.
Not even close and as bad as the above quoted post.

Not even close to being NE. It would be the Steelers. I still remember Roethlisberger rookie year the Cowboys were supposed to be good, the Steelers not (at first), and they played IN DALLAS. The Steeler fans were so many and so loud at that game, on tv it appeared like 1/3 of th fans were Steelers fans. That made it clear Dallas was NOT Americas Team. I will say Dallas may have more “casual fans” than any other team, you know like women who maybe watch 1 game a year and at best could name 2 players.
Typically “casual fans” make up the largest segment of any fanbase.

I'll admit I'm a chameleon when it comes to the NFL. There are always a certain team or teams that I latch onto each year just because I like the playing style and how they are performing, also teams having former CATS are also fun to watch. Seahawks, Ravens, Chiefs, Cowboys, Steelers, Saints are teams I have latched onto in the past. I really though last year's Cowboys were finally going to break out and get it done, but once again, they crash and burn just when it looked like they were invincible.

I'm a Cowboys fan too. Jones is a jackoff for sure, but I'll never stop loving the Cowboys.
Same. Early 70's and my parents bought me the Cowboy's jersey/helmet set for xmas, while my brother got the Steeler's a few years later. Now he's a Cowboy's fan too. Side note: we went to a Bengal's v Steeler's game in Cincy our first year in Lexington like 81 or 82 and my brother wore his Steeler's jersey and a drunk Bengal's fan spit on him and screamed at him. I can still remember that asshole's face.

You're a UK fan, Jerry must be a ARK fan. Let it be.

If all the stupid crap Jerry has done hasn't turned you against the cowboys yet this shouldn't.
Also I'm gonna call Jerry's bluff ARK is not recruiting much of nothing besides his UK guys and most of them didn't follow him either we're winning the recruiting battle right now.

Same. Early 70's and my parents bought me the Cowboy's jersey/helmet set for xmas, while my brother got the Steeler's a few years later. Now he's a Cowboy's fan too. Side note: we went to a Bengal's v Steeler's game in Cincy our first year in Lexington like 81 or 82 and my brother wore his Steeler's jersey and a drunk Bengal's fan spit on him and screamed at him. I can still remember that asshole's face.
I was there, back and to the left of you. Back, and to the left. That was one magic loogie.

Born and raised in Kentucky and been a Dallas fan from the beginning. Jerry Jones has been missing me off as a Dallas fan and now as a Kentucky fan so it looks like I need another football team.

Become a Falcon friend and the next draft you will be a Lowes customer. Arthur Blank makes Jerry Jones look like a great football mind. Blank is in charge of Home Depot in case you weren't aware.

You've confused the words die hard with bandwagon.

As for the OP, your heart will make the decision for you. Iknow my brain didn't decide to root for Kentucky. Kentucky was playing LSU on tv and basic human instinct took over.

You can say, I'm not a Cowboys fan. But if the game is on and you're happy when they score and pissed when they don't, you still want to be a fan. You should just go with that.

But also, if Dak throws a pick, and you find yourself clapping and flipping off Jerry Jones shots in the owners box, congratulations, the spell is broken. And there is nothing wrong with that.
Nah I just can't follow pro sports.. Just not my cupa tea.. I usually get behind one guy on a team then I get tired of him.. Followed Atlanta braves from mid 80s to the early 00s.. Longest of any team not named UK I've followed.. And that was solely because we had 13 channels in the early 80s and only two sports channels.. TBS and WGN.. And i HATED Harry Carays voice so knocked the Cubs out of it..

This! How the hell can someone from Kentucky be a Cowboys fan?
Sounds like bandwagon follow the popular team fans to me.
I'll always be a UK Reds and Bengals fan. Win or lose.
Bengals have gained several Bandwagon fans since Burrow arrived. I hate that. If you weren't a Bengal fan when they stunk don't jump on the bandwagon after they have a good postseason run.
My father became a Cowboys fan when they had Tony Dorsett, it was his favorite player when he was around 10 years old. But for a while his whole family were Cardinal fans before they moved to Phoenix, he was from WKY and they would get the cardinal baseball and football games on the radio, not the Bengals.

I was born in Cincy and have always been a Bengals fan and was obsessed with Rudy Johnson when I was a kid.

Similar for me I suppose since I'm a Piston's fan because they drafted Tayshaun, who was my favorite player as a kid. The title run in '04 really cemented my fandom.

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
No team gets more prime time and game of the week games than Americas Team-every season. Even when we’re bad the haters want to watch us lose. It’s an obsession.

We can’t win the big ones…but ya can’t take Americas team title away. (It’s all I got. I’m asking nicely)
I have always wondered why this was... I get the Eagles, Name Redacted, and the Giants can't stand the 'Boys. Same division! But never understood the way Dallas lives rent free in people's heads.

Is it Jerry? Or am I just too young to know?

Reactions: Greatestalltime
I have always wondered why this was... I get the Eagles, Name Redacted, and the Giants can't stand the 'Boys. Same division! But never understood the way Dallas lives rent free in people's heads.

One thing about Dallas....they have rarely sucked. At the end of Landry's tenure and Johnson's first year they were bottom feeders, but from the late 60s to now, that was the only down period. Their problem is by being just good enough to make the playoffs every year, they can't get the game-changers in the draft and the last place schedule. They're stuck. That down period really set them up for their last run of Super Bowls.

Reactions: KentuckyTexan
This is dumb. I didn't choose to follow the Raiders. I was chosen to be Raider Nation. Don't diss others for your poor choice in an NFL team.

Not even close and as bad as the above quoted post.
Being that we are college sports fans for a specific university the example I brought up is MUCH more grevious than the NFL fan following gambit.

One thing about Dallas....they have rarely sucked. At the end of Landry's tenure and Johnson's first year they were bottom feeders, but from the late 60s to now, that was the only down period. Their problem is by being just good enough to make the playoffs every year, they can't get the game-changers in the draft and the last place schedule. They're stuck. That down period really set them up for their last run of Super Bowls.
Ah okay, makes sense.

So just kinda stuck in limbo, sounds a lot like what's happening with the Steelers.

-100%.

^one exception: family ties. Ex: my Mom was from SE Michigan... so my grandpa and uncle turned me on to the Pistons (was a lot cooler back then), and The Tigers are my second favorite MLB team.
This ain't it. Then to mention a 2nd favorite team. 2 teams? Thats worse than not liking the Bengals, Colts, or Titans cause you from Kentucky.

Raiders. Black and silver, the NFL's original bad boys, best logo in the sport, only franchise to sue the NFL twice...and win. Only franchise the steelers have cried about. The NFL's only, real, badasses.

• Love
Reactions: dvillecatfan
-2nd favorite is strong/wrong choice of words... I don't hate the tigers, paid attention to them when i was a kid. If the reds play the tigers I'm 100% reds... if the reds are out of it and the tigers are in it, I'd rather see the tigers win than any other team.

Two years ago after the Titans Cowboys game in Nashville on the long walk down those ramps it was very quiet. Many upset Titans fans and 60% Cowboy fans in attendance were all peacefully and very quietly walking down to exit together

Then out of nowhere some dude (hall of fame fan IMO) yelled out “how bout them Cowboys!!!”” And we all ERUPTED!!! Loudly.

You're maybe too young. It goes back to the 70’s when NFL films (big deal at the time for the NFL) named the Cowboys Americas Team.

This upset many and the name stuck. Upsetting more.

They’ve also been on Thanksgiving since the 70’s every year. Detroit is too, but they’ve sucked almost always.

Reactions: KentuckyTexan
Been a Dolphins fans since the 80s. It's been one train wreck after another but I can't walk away even though I detest some of the changes and players along the way.

Two years ago after the Titans Cowboys game in Nashville on the long walk down those ramps it was very quiet. Many upset Titans fans and 60% Cowboy fans in attendance were all peacefully and very quietly walking down to exit together

Then out of nowhere some dude (hall of fame fan IMO) yelled out “how bout them Cowboys!!!”” And we all ERUPTED!!! Loudly.

You're maybe too young. It goes back to the 70’s when NFL films (big deal at the time for the NFL) named the Cowboys Americas Team.

This upset many and the name stuck. Upsetting more.

They’ve also been on Thanksgiving since the 70’s every year. Detroit is too, but they’ve sucked almost always.
Ah okay, I did not know that! Yeah 70s is a bit before my time. I'm turning 30 here in 2 weeks lol.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT