ADVERTISEMENT

Dagen Rash

TuckyFB

All-SEC
Jun 21, 2016
Is UK making a run after this kid? He just decommitted from Army last night.

6'2 OG from Belfry

I’ve seen the kid play 3-4 times and been close he’s 260-270 easy. He carries very little body fat and moves well... He’s also 6’1-6’3.

What a name! Dagen Rash? I think I got one of those on my arm while hunting last week. The doctor gave me some ointment to help clear it up though.[/
What a name! Dagen Rash? I think I got one of those on my arm while hunting last week. The doctor gave me some ointment to help clear it up though.
I hope Dagen never finds out who your are. He might kick your arse,

Them Belfry boys are football players! Which reminds me, what became of Austin Dotson? Haven't heard much about him since early in the season.
You better believe it bud. Those kids are Tough as nails all over that area. He can join the military as soon as he gets finished with college if he still wants. I wouldn’t mind for every kid to have to serve one year after high school. It would definitely make for better adults in this country. More disciplined anyway. If this is the kids dream, then I don’t care what the rankings show, because if we can mix a few Ky boys in with some big time players, the love for Kentucky will grow on them every day. Lol. Doesn’t hurt him being a brute and dang good player. Haha

No knock on UK. I love my Cats! I’m also an eastern my boy! I played football at Prestonsburg in the early 90s. In those days Belfry was our only competition. I remember my freshman year, we played Belfry every other game. And I may be wrong about his but I can remember a time where I played Belfry 3 times in a week. Freshman, JV and varsity game in one week.

Or at least that hoe it felt. In those days us Blackcats were formidable. But when we traveled to Belfry ona freshman or JV game. We were outnumbered. We would roll wit 13-14. The majority of us were backs. Maybe had 3 true lineman. We all played both ways. Across the field, it was like a colleteam. Seemed like Belfry had a full college squad on the JV.

Anyway, this kid should reconsider his decision.

Having the honor of attending Weat Point is in itself an accomplishment! Having that privilege and also being there as an athlete is unbelievable.

If this were my Son I would beg him to reconsider. West Point, builds Generals and Presidents. UK builds or any other college team, a few pics here and there.

Last edited:
I didn’t think people on here liked kids who flipped and didn’t honor commitments?

Best of luck to the kid and god for him doing what he wants!!

I didn’t think people on here liked kids who flipped and didn’t honor commitments?

Best of luck to the kid and god for him doing what he wants!!

He didn't lead Army on saying he was enrolling early and continuing to recruit others to Army the night before committing to us. Robinson did all of those things.

No knock on UK. I love my Cats! I’m also an eastern my boy! I played football at Prestonsburg in the early 90s. In those days Belfry was our only competition. I remember my freshman year, we played Belfry every other game. And I may be wrong about his but I can remember a time where I played Belfry 3 times in a week. Freshman, JV and varsity game in one week.

Or at least that hoe it felt. In those days us Blackcats were formidable. But when we traveled to Belfry ona freshman or JV game. We were outnumbered. We would roll wit 13-14. The majority of us were backs. Maybe had 3 true lineman. We all played both ways. Across the field, it was like a colleteam. Seemed like Belfry had a full college squad on the JV.

Anyway, this kid should reconsider his decision.

Having the honor of attending Weat Point is in itself an accomplishment! Having that privilege and also being there as an athlete is unbelievable.

If this were my Son I would beg him to reconsider. West Point, builds Generals and Presidents. UK builds or any other college team, a few pics here and there.

Definitely get what you're saying but to play devils advocate:

1) Is he positive he wants to commission in the military after college? If he is still figuring that out then it's better to go to a State University.

2) If he wants to try to develop and take a shot at the NFL in 4 years to have no regrets later in life for not trying, then UK also makes sense as he will have all the resources possible and can focus more intently on football and have a bigger stage to prove himself in a non gimmick system if he can find his way onto the field.

3) Even if you are dead set on joining the Service post-college, there is something to be said about enjoying a normal college experience and enjoying the last few years of minimal responsibility. A UK degree and a honorable discharge after 4-10 years of service in any branch will look just as strong and open almost as many doors outside of the political realm. Especially as an Officer due to companies valuing the leadership experience and that you likely have experience being directly responsible for millions of dollars worth of equipment and personnel at some point, as well as detailed planning experience.

All the above makes UK the better fit.

Now for Army:

1) If you want to know you will get playing time over your 4 years. You're also on scholarship and debt free.

2) If you don't think or aren't really interested in trying to make it Pro first and you are 100% sure you are joining (enlisting/commissioning) after college and not looking at other career possibilities.

3) West Point looks great on any resume and will open tons of doors simply due to that.

As far as benefits to the military career itself:

I can only speak to the Marine Corps, but nobody gives a flying F that you were a Naval Academy Grad and they do their best to strip you of that "I'm better bc I went to the Academy". They make up a very small number of MC Officers though so it's a different culture. Having been in Navy commands and worked closely with them, I do believe the other branches that have a direct feed from their Academy and Academy Grads make up a larger % do put a little more value on it bc a little more "Good ole Boy" system exist. But that is speculation, as I have not personally experienced it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT