ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

142592339_10220149735835758_4103387074444962045_n.jpg

I just want to thank you guys (and anyone else) for your suggestions. I'm going to try the tumeric and cinnamon, plus I'm going to get some Aleve and see if it helps.

I saw the suggestions and there are some I will try. I am a believer in niacin. (Take it for what it's worth.) I take the kind that flushes you. Had my heart doctor tell me there is no medical science proving the niacin cleans your arteries but I had all the heart tests about a year ago to include the nuclear stress test and while I have a calcium build up I do not have any blockages. Called it coronary artery disease. I had that diagnosed back in about 2011. I went on a niacin and vitamin D regiment for a good long while and then tapered off to a time or two a week ever since... (The doctor then prescribed it, after some self-study I started the regiment.)

(When I filled out the paperwork telling what drugs and pills I take I mentioned everything. This was during my initial exam.) That is when he went into the rant about niacin never being proven to help clear or clean arteries.. He has NEVER prescribed it.

After I came back and had the nuclear tests and the several other tests he told me to come back in a year but to keep doing everything I was doing....If I have any pain to call him. I am due for another exam. I will do that in about another month or so... I am thankful in any event.

I went into a Target about a year or so ago with my wife and daughter after they started letting men identifying as women into their restrooms. My daughter needed to go and my wife told her to be careful and I said all she needs to do is scream because I will be right outside of the door and I guarantee you if it happened that person would never want to go into another women's bathroom again.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 45°F and partly cloudy. We're 25°F cooler than 24 hours ago. Expecting 74°F for today's high.

According to local news, officials are canceling Austin Rodeo for the second straight year over COVID. Austin remains in stage 5 on the COVID severity scale.

Cats vs Tide at 7 pm EST. Go Cats!

Wishing happiness and health to all our fellow D-League members.

9d052a9135c451cda431d4a78be192f5.png

Good morning from ATX. Currently 45°F and partly cloudy. We're 25°F cooler than 24 hours ago. Expecting 74°F for today's high.

According to local news, officials are canceling Austin Rodeo for the second straight year over COVID. Austin remains in stage 5 on the COVID severity scale.

Cats vs Tide at 7 pm EST. Go Cats!

Wishing happiness and health to all our fellow D-League members.

9d052a9135c451cda431d4a78be192f5.png
I could go for some of that.

Good morning D-League. A wintry day in Maryland. It snowed about two inches, then there must have been a freezing rain before the temperature fell overnight because there is a thick ice crust on the snow, and on the roads and sidewalks.

My morning hike was treacherous. The muscles and ligaments in my ankles and calves are sore from all the slipping and correcting my steps to keep from falling.

It reminded me of this clip I found interesting about the way some skate in Scandinavia on thin, black ice as a sport...Pretty cool.

Good morning all, sitting in the DC VA waiting to get my three month blood draw. Dropping a pint shortly but all else good. Nasty weather driving up here but not too bad.

Oh, God Bless you all and your endeavors. May your day be great...

Edit: All finished except checking the BP.

BPM (Blood Pressure Matters) 126/67

Last edited:
Pics or it didn't happen.
Evidently people throw money out the window........I have a jug I throw found money in...(bad luck to spend it) I have had my dogs a little over two years.......I have found a little over $41........I tell my grand kids that if i could walk enough I could be rich.......the expansion joins at street light seem to have the most coins.....my daily best was walking from Kindred Hospital at Barret & Broadway......$1.86 and it is only a little over 7 miles.....I ride to work with my wife and walk home.....

Evidently people throw money out the window........I have a jug I throw found money in...(bad luck to spend it) I have had my dogs a little over two years.......I have found a little over $41........I tell my grand kids that if i could walk enough I could be rich.......the expansion joins at street light seem to have the most coins.....my daily best was walking from Kindred Hospital at Barret & Broadway......$1.86 and it is only a little over 7 miles.....I ride to work with my wife and walk home.....
Totally agree. I've found roughly $500 over the past 5 years simply laying on the ground here in my part of town. Twice yearly, neighbors on our street set items out for pickup. I've grabbed a few such items and put on Craigslist.

Good morning all.
I was just curious about the coin collecting. My Dad was an avid collector for over 50 years...we've got a lot of research to do.
Would be nice to see the Cats pull out a W...not expecting it though. Still probably pick'em to win, not like it costs me money if I'm wrong.
Do what you do.

Morning good fellows and fellet of the D-League. We ended up with 2.99 inches of rain. It is a shame we missed out on that last .01. That is an impressive rain event.

It is wonderful to see the blue sky and sun this morning. It is a warm 46.9°F but it will be cooling off with a chance for snow tomorrow.

I expect the Cats to lose tonight. I pray for a win, but Alabama took us to the woodshed the last time.

Good morning D-League. A wintry day in Maryland. It snowed about two inches, then there must have been a freezing rain before the temperature fell overnight because there is a thick ice crust on the snow, and on the roads and sidewalks.

My morning hike was treacherous. The muscles and ligaments in my ankles and calves are sore from all the slipping and correcting my steps to keep from falling.

It reminded me of this clip I found interesting about the way some skate in Scandinavia on thin, black ice as a sport...Pretty cool.

Cool! But, hard pass......

I went into a Target about a year or so ago with my wife and daughter after they started letting men identifying as women into their restrooms. My daughter needed to go and my wife told her to be careful and I said all she needs to do is scream because I will be right outside of the door and I guarantee you if it happened that person would never want to go into another women's bathroom again.
Morning all. Another cloudy, dreary day. Kind of the norm for this time of year. About mid-30s.

Haven't been in a Target since they were the first to jump on the Obama/Biden trans bandwagon.
They haven't gotten a dime of my money.

Saw a new video by Jonathon Cahn (if you know who he is) About 1M views in 24 hours. Unbelievably power....kind of like an open letter to Biden about going against God's will.

Morning all. Another cloudy, dreary day. Kind of the norm for this time of year. About mid-30s.

Haven't been in a Target since they were the first to jump on the Obama/Biden trans bandwagon.

Saw a new video by Jonathon Cahn (if you know who he is) About 1M views in 24 hours. Unbelievably power....kind of like an open letter to Biden about going against God's will.
We don't go anymore.

Just checking in folks. Hope all are doing well. Cord, you have a gift! Would like to know what Sawnee had for supper last night and Bert's opinion of Jane Fonda??
My opinion is that Jane Fonda should be burned at the stake.
Jane Fonda to Receive Golden Globes' Cecil B. DeMille Award
Jane Fonda cemented herself into Hollywood allure as a chameleonlike actor and social activist, and now the Golden Globes will honor her illustrious career with its highest honor.

Fonda will receive the Cecil B. DeMille Award during the 78th annual awards ceremony on Feb. 28, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced Tuesday

Jane Fonda cemented herself into Hollywood allure as a chameleonlike actor and social activist, and now the Golden Globes will honor her illustrious career with its highest honor.

Fonda will receive the Cecil B. DeMille Award during the 78th annual awards ceremony on Feb. 28, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced Tuesday

Piece of human garbage!

Good morning, all. We have had about 2 inches of rain in the past 36 hours and the sun is finally out on a beautiful day. High supposed to get to almost 60 before temps fall again. I'll take it, even if only for a day.

She should be presented this by the Chinese ambassador.

Saw a new video by Jonathon Cahn
Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate the 7,000 year perspective.
My opinion is that Jane Fonda should be burned at the stake.
I'd rather witches cook than cook the witches, but I still worry about poison.
scaled.steak_model_by_beverly_poppe.jpg

Probably but she's Jane "Flipping" Fonda. She influences who, Dixie Chicks? Not concerned about them either. Lady Gagme? Nope. I pray they become enlightened but I'm not holding my breath.

Good afternoon D, cool day here in the Berg!

Just got done with 6 hours of cutting and grinding glass, been doing government work for the grandchildren, one panel ready to solder and 3 more to make. Life of a Stepaw that loves his grandyounginns!!!!! After the 6 hours of cutting and grinding the glass I may have to have a transfusion, hands a fingers lots of cuts! One thing though the cuts are clean, after I get the shape I want, I have to clean the piece with alcohol, Ouch!!

Bert has presented me with a challenge!

I hope yawl has a great rest of the day, now I have to start getting supper ready, we are fixing supper for the preachers family, they are quarantined, got to help them out!!! Prayers BIG D!!!!

Just checking in folks. Hope all are doing well. Cord, you have a gift! Would like to know what Sawnee had for supper last night and Bert's opinion of Jane Fonda??
Thanks Mr. Bluewest, I love doing stained glass!!!! The way I look at it, some of you guys know all kinds of stuff computer, electronics, automotive and things I can't, yawl have a gift!!!!! Right now with doing the work for the family my hourly pay per hour is -$35!!!!

Last edited:
My wife the RN got her second vaccine late yesterday -- Moderna -- and it sent her temperature spiking to 102 and left her feeling exhausted. Meanwhile, my parents -- 85 and 89 -- got theirs and had no side effects whatsoever.

I guess it hits everyone differently. I'm still way down the list, so I won't know for a while.

My wife the RN got her second vaccine late yesterday -- Moderna -- and it sent her temperature spiking to 102 and left her feeling exhausted. Meanwhile, my parents -- 85 and 89 -- got theirs and had no side effects whatsoever.

I guess it hits everyone differently. I'm still way down the list, so I won't know for a while.
I haven't even bothered to see where I would be on The List. I've had 2 heart attacks in my life so who knows. Anyway, I'll probably just wait it out.

Friend of ours is a nursing supervisor at a large hospital and she got her second dose the other day (don't know which one), but I guess it really threw her for a loop too. She felt really bad.

Good afternoon D, cool day here in the Berg!

Just got done with 6 hours of cutting and grinding glass, been doing government work for the grandchildren, one panel ready to solder and 3 more to make. Life of a Stepaw that loves his grandyounginns!!!!! After the 6 hours of cutting and grinding the glass I may have to have a transfusion, hands a fingers lots of cuts! One thing though the cuts are clean, after I get the shape I want, I have to clean the piece with alcohol, Ouch!!

Bert has presented me with a challenge!

I hope yawl has a great rest of the day, now I have to start getting supper ready, we are fixing supper for the preachers family, they are quarantined, got to help them out!!! Prayers BIG D!!!!
Imagine it's kind of delicate work...but isn't there any type of glove you could use? Or do you 'lose' the 'feel' of what you're working with?

We stopped going to Target after that as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT