ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Okay, folks, final numbers are in: $95.72 found on sides of roads and in parking lots over the past one year period.

Had several coin rejects today or number may have been higher. Not counting $60 (3 - $20 bills) found, we're looking at $35 on the year.

And wouldn't ya know it, I found another penny at the gas station while riding back home.

June 24, 2017

Dear Mister ATX.

Thank you for bringing to our attention your inadvertent failure to disclose the amount of $95.72 on your 2016 tax return. You may expect a phone call from one of our agents soon in order to arrange an appointment to discuss this oversight and get it corrected. I'm certain the penalty will be minimal. A few good days in parking lots should provide said funds.

Unfortunately we cannot disclose how the matter came to our attention. We are only allowed to say that an anonymous poster on a minor sports website received a note of thanks.

We will be in touch soon.

Regards.

Agent #504297

20160256c304cb6d1ba.jpeg

Last edited:
June 24, 2017

Dear Mister ATX.

Thank you for bringing to our attention your inadvertent failure to disclose the amount of $95.72 on your 2016 tax return. You may expect a phone call from one of our agents soon in order to arrange an appointment to discuss this oversight and get it corrected. I'm certain the penalty will be minimal. A few good days in parking lots should provide said funds.

Unfortunately we cannot disclose how the matter came to our attention. We are only allowed to say that an anonymous poster on a minor sports website received a note of thanks.

Regards.

Agent #504297

20160256c304cb6d1ba.jpeg
hahahahahaha!

June 24, 2017

Dear Mister ATX.

Regards.

Agent #504297

20160256c304cb6d1ba.jpeg
[laughing]

Queue "Tax man" song.

Believe it or not, I actually checked into this after you brought it up last time. Anything over $600 must be declared. I'm on target for that with my side gig via Job Spotter, so I may end up declaring it anyway.

We stopped by a Tractor Supply store today because she wanted to buy some bird seed. I got distracted early on and when I caught up with her she already had a few things in her hand. I saw a 35lb bag for about 9 dollars and suggested she get that. She did and we headed to check out.

We had a gift card from there that we used a few weeks ago on her first trip to a Tractor Supply. She didn't want to go and protested quite vigorously. Once she got inside she changed her tune. Anyway, I told you that to tell you this.

Our bill came to $13.92 and when we ran the card, there was exactly $13.92 left on the card. True coincidences are rare.

Hey guys
Been really busy with work and all
My older son had all four wisdom teeth extracted yesterday. Poor kid is miserable now...hasn't been able to keep anything down, including his meds. He has complete lack of energy, almost lethargic, his speech is kind of slurred and says he feels like his mouth is burning
Called the oral surgeon and he sent us to the ER. Says he thinks he's probably dehydrated and will need IV fluids and IV zofran. So we are here waiting to be seen
I'm pretty concerned for my boy

Will read and catch up likes n all when I get home

Hey guys
My older son had all four wisdom teeth extracted yesterday. Poor kid is miserable now...hasn't been able to keep anything down, including his meds. He has complete lack of energy, almost lethargic, his speech is kind of slurred and says he feels like his mouth is burning
Called the oral surgeon and he sent us to the ER. Says he thinks he's probably dehydrated and will need IV fluids and IV zofran. So we are here waiting to be seen

I had all 4 extracted at one time too and it was quite an ordeal. I felt awful for a few days but it passed and I'm sure it'll be the same for your son. I certainly understand your concern though. He'll be fine.

Med Replies . . . From a zoologist not a Doctor
the surgeon sent us to the ER
If he can keep nothing down and tossing, he could lose the blood clot and that will expose the nerves causing a burning/pain. Layman term "Dry Socket". Let us know, we all want the best and have concern. He'll be back on the monkey bars in no time.

Plus it appears to be about an inch shorter.

Bert, @GhostVol is right about the adjustment. After my TKR the leg with the replacement felt longer than the other and it was a year before I didn't feel crooked.The best therapy for me actually happened about six months after surgery when I got healthy enough to start climbing stairs. The sound of tearing scar tissue disturbed folks but that exercise enhanced the entire functionality of my knee. Now I can skip for the first time in 30 years. Not that I skip around all that much, but I can. What I do like is I knowing I'm healthy enough to get out of the way of danger and I didn't have that confidence for the 10 years before surgery. Your rehab sounds as if it's going remarkably well and ultimately depends on the gray matter tween the ears. It was for me too but I've got rocks in my head, At least that what I was always told. Being the Rooster I just thought I had a bird-brain syndrome. So I let that rock comment passed in one ear and out the other with so little to stop it. Although you're in my thoughts and prayers, I don't feel worried. Folks from your stomping grounds are the toughest, meanest SOB's I've met anywhere. That's in a good way cuz.

Hey guys

Hope your son is ok, Bev.

Med Replies . . . From a zoologist not a Doctor

If he can keep nothing down and tossing, he could lose the blood clot and that will expose the nerves causing a burning/pain. Layman term "Dry Socket". Let us know, we all want the best and have concern. He'll be back on the monkey bars in no time.

Bert, @GhostVol is right about the adjustment. After my TKR the leg with the replacement felt longer than the other and it was a year before I didn't feel crooked.The best therapy for me actually happened about six months after surgery when I got healthy enough to start climbing stairs. The sound of tearing scar tissue disturbed folks but that exercise enhanced the entire functionality of my knee. Now I can skip for the first time in 30 years. Not that I skip around all that much, but I can. What I do like is I knowing I'm healthy enough to get out of the way of danger and I didn't have that confidence for the 10 years before surgery. Your rehab sounds as if it's going remarkably well and ultimately depends on the gray matter tween the ears. It was for me too but I've got rocks in my head, At least that what I was always told. Being the Rooster I just thought I had a bird-brain syndrome. So I let that rock comment passed in one ear and out the other with so little to stop it. Although you're in my thoughts and prayers, I don't feel worried. Folks from your stomping grounds are the toughest, meanest SOB's I've met anywhere. That's in a good way cuz.

8eea6f5bc29531856286bc35bfb140aa.jpg

Hey guys

Hoping for the best. Get well soon!

• Bev, we are so relieved to hear from you. Thought you must be banned for saying that word that we all love, but can't say out loud.
  • Tell your oldest that one of your friends from Johns Creek, GA hopes he gets better very soon. Four extractions at once has to be tough to deal with.
  • Bert, tell Bert that we are glad that his therapy is going so well. Bert will be well in no time, and will be painting again from a tall ladder. Sherry has received no credit, but I am just as sure that I am sitting here that she literally is saving your life every day. QB has saved me more than once.
  • Carry on.

Hey guys

Never heard of extracting 4 at once. Ouch. Prayers sent for your son.

finally home
My son is okay; he got a course of iv fluids, with some zofran and hydromorphone. Also has a prescription for zofran which we will pick up tomorrow. The kid is high as a kite right now, and it's pretty funny

Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers - I'm exhausted, so will wait until tomorrow to catch up with posts.
Sleep well D

• Good Morning, D-Leagueans & Oasiseanites.
  • 66º this morning in Johns Creek. The sun is trying to shine. We could have more rain which I am tired of having. We could be VFR if you are going in the right direction.
  • It is not often that I am the first one up, but I am today.
  • Lola has taken care of her bidness. She's looking everything over and enjoying the coolness and the quiet.
  • What is the appropriate amount for the parking valets? I wanted to give them $5, but I gave them $10. I didn't want to be a cheapskate.
  • I had a great time last night, but the amount that we spent still bothers me some. Six of us cost about $400.00. That is a lot of money for a meal. Even a meal fit for a King. $12 for a cocktail. No restaurant on earth is worth that kind of money. Money is too hard to make to spend it like that. I'd rather have something good like the best cheeseburger that you ever tasted.
  • Hope Bev's oldest is feling better this morning. Soup for him. Chicken Noodle. No Peanut Brittle for a few days.
  • Bert, thinking about you too. Check in.
  • Fred and FCC, thinking about you guys as well. Hope you get your groove back soon.
  • KS, good to see you. Hope thing are going well. Put your conservative hat on and join us if you want too.
  • What are you doing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT