ADVERTISEMENT

Current state of the program

It's Final Four or bust for Cal.

If he goes out before the final weekend and proceeds to lose 7 or 8 to the pros, he can pack his U-Haul up and head to California and take the UCLA job.

Maybe that's what he really meant when he said, "We're catching UCLA."

It's Final Four or bust for Cal.

If he goes out before the final weekend and proceeds to lose 7 or 8 to the pros, he can pack his U-Haul up and head to California and take the UCLA job.

Maybe that's what he really meant when he said, "We're catching UCLA."
In 2019 there was some luster left...2024?
UCLA would be insane to go after that clown. No way that's happening. Nah, he's done after UK, no program will sign his overpaid XXL behind

Current state and outlook =

big-pile-of-shit-jurassic-park.gif

I’ve always wanted Cal to succeed and rooted for him to turn this around. But let’s be real, nothing less than a national championship will repair this toxic relationship our fanbase is trapped in with our coach. Our program is in serious, serious danger of becoming Indiana.

These are potentially the last weeks of Calipari at Kentucky. I’m sad it has come down to this. Years of blundered relationships within the athletic department and with the fans have soured what used to be the most fun we’ve had since Bill Clinton was in office.

It all comes down to this. It just really, really sucks to know that the good old days may be behind us.

I see this season ending like our 2006 team. We make it just far enough to give a team like UConn or Purdue all it can handle, That’s as good as it gets. Hope I’m wrong but we’re not sniffing a Final Four.

Calipari has reduced the program down to where 10+ losses every year is the norm and that is flat out unacceptable from a HOF coach making $9 million a year. This is not Kentucky Basketball. Players deserve criticism too but when it happens year after year with a different cast of characters, there is only one common denominator, CCC. He is responsible for bringing these kids in and coaching them up to succeed here. This school has been nothing more than a pit stop for the players to build their brand, cash in on NIL and speed off in a brand new whip none thanks to Cal turning Kentucky into a glorified NBA developmental team.

Reactions: ukfan041
Kenpom has us losing the next two games for what it’s worth. Just 2 point losses but still.

He isn’t finished burning it down yet. If they don’t pay his buyout after what’s going to be another disaster of a season, next year will be more of the same because CAL isn’t leaving without getting paid a lot.

As much as we want him GONE after this season, I think Cal is too stubborn and narcissistic to leave without being paid the full buyout amount. I think he is gutless and he hates the fans. I can see him really burning it to the ground, so to speak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT