ADVERTISEMENT

Credible Source Says UK Filed A Complaint With SEC Over The Foul Not Called Against Wheeler

I'm in the camp that there was nothing dirty here either. I think it was simply the unfortunate bad combo of Wheeler's speed, Efton's large size, and Wheeler's small size all coming together that resulted in the really bad injury that looked worse than what we'd normally expect for this type of play.

Reactions: UK90
yeah and they would laugh at you
They won’t be laughing at the revenue they’re losing with fans bailing, or losing the all time wins lead.
They better hope Stoops keeps the athletic budget afloat because Cal sure isn’t with his product.

Reactions: dl51344
What happens when a 5'7 kid runs full speed into a big dude.
Yep, this is the gist of it. It looked bad because one guy was really big and the other guy really small. That’s the reason Wheeler went down so hard.

But nothing dirty actually happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: WildcatNC
Close, I'm guessing after '23-'24. He is eligible then for admin role and that is the Wagner/Shep class, he'd be 15 seasons in.

Started OAD with a Wagner and ends it with one....

He will turn 65 that season.

Keeping an eye on Tommy Lloyd. Few will likely still be coaching and Lloyd will be about 50 then and have 3 seasons under his belt as HC and 20 years under Few at Gonzaga. Perfect timing.

I actually meant the 23/24 season. I do think there’s a shot at 2025 if he has a nice run before then, but to me it’s just looking like Calipari is almost done. He just doesn’t have the “it” and I don’t see it coming back. He had no counter to the Nike / K alignment.

Tommy Lloyd is interesting, but he’s a west coast guy. I don’t believe Arizona would ever pay him top 5 money so that’s the variable. The only issue is if you think Beard hasn’t shown enough (which he absolutely has) then what makes you interested in Tommy Lloyd? Doesn’t make sense.

Calipari is going to try and make the hire and I hope the administration realizes we’re are too big to allow a guy with one title to have that kind of control. This isn’t Duke. Calipari can advise, but he shouldn’t have anything to do with the next hire. IMO it takes a coach winning at least 3 titles to pick his successor.

I actually meant the 23/24 season. I do think there’s a shot at 2025 if he has a nice run before then, but to me it’s just looking like Calipari is almost done. He just doesn’t have the “it” and I don’t see it coming back. He had no counter to the Nike / K alignment.

Tommy Lloyd is interesting, but he’s a west coast guy. I don’t believe Arizona would ever pay him top 5 money so that’s the variable. The only issue is if you think Beard hasn’t shown enough (which he absolutely has) then what makes you interested in Tommy Lloyd? Doesn’t make sense.

Calipari is going to try and make the hire and I hope the administration realizes we’re are too big to allow a guy with one title to have that kind of control. This isn’t Duke. Calipari can advise, but he shouldn’t have anything to do with the next hire. IMO it takes a coach winning at least 3 titles to pick his successor.

Yep, I am with ya on all of the above. The simple fact is IF we don't make a FF or win a title with talent coming in over next couple of years with Antigua, Chin, Lucas surrounding Cal I just don't think he will want to keep pressing forward as he pushes 70. Never thought he was the type to coach that long anyhow.

Agree on Cal wanting input but shouldn't make call and frankly doesn't have the tree to do so. He is tight with Few too...so that could help.

Why Lloyd and not Beard. Well, I'm not sold on Lloyd yet either, hence the "keeping an eye on". However, Lloyd has a recruiting pedigree...the guys he got to Gonzaga...crazy. Plus he seems more palatable than Beard and his style of play is a plus.

Beard, he just rubs me the wrong way and the style of play is brutal, JMHO. The Knight stuff, well that is just icing on the cake. Plus he is kind of where he wants to be and they have deep pockets in Texas. Just doesn't seem like it would work out. I don't hate the guy, just nothing I love about him if that makes sense.

They won’t be laughing at the revenue they’re losing with fans bailing, or losing the all time wins lead.
They better hope Stoops keeps the athletic budget afloat because Cal sure isn’t with his product.
all time wins?who gives a shit

I don’t think Wheeler should have been called with a foul. Yes, he ran into the guy but…..

Wheeler is, maybe, slightly at fault too. He’s an 8th year covid transfer player who is playing LSU and they’re setting screens everywhere.
@bookerfan66 @UK90 this is how fans of other teams talk in my book. The hatred for Cal has clouded people's judgements. Or maybe it's just the quest for getting likes and approval?

Reactions: gojvc and bertfan31
I thought it was borderline. Not sure the nuances of the college rules, but in HS if you're screening a moving player outside his visual field, you have to give him at least a step. Not sure that happened in this case.

Credible Source

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

People need to start ignoring the OP. He posts more outright lies than anyone on this forum. Good grief!
He’s changed his name multiple times, so I’m guessin many don’t realize who it is.

But, yeah, the OP has long proven himself to be highly “truth impaired” …and simply a weird dude. His “credible source” most likely exists only in his imagination.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
@bookerfan66 @UK90 this is how fans of other teams talk in my book. The hatred for Cal has clouded people's judgements. Or maybe it's just the quest for getting likes and approval?
I don't see either of those quotes as being mocking toward wheeler. The first was mocking the OP in the way he worded his thread title and the other was using hyperbole to emphasize the point he was trying to make: that Wheeler, as a veteran player, has to be more aware of his surroundings and that he had to take some responsibility, along w/ Oscar, for his collision.

That's the way I read them, anyhow.

Screen was perfect. Cal needs to complain about his guys being out hustled, out toughed and playing with lesser intensity than LSU. Players have to have pride and be motivated for that not to happen when you are more talented than them.

He wants to play fast but doesn't want to full court trap and pressure to wear the other team down even more. We have the depth almost every year to do that and most teams don't in the conference. Like being the aggressor and playing on toes on defense also.

It was an offensive foul

Section 35. Screen

Art. 3. A player shall not: c. Take a position so close to a moving opponent that this opponent cannot avoid contact by stopping or changing direction.

Last night I watched like 2min of the UT (& I think Ole Miss game). That PG for UT shot a 3 from well behind top of the key and made it as the defender jumped at him. Whistle, foul, 4-pt play. I rewatched the shot, and you could see a full foot of air between any part of the defender and the shooter, yet a foul was called.

Last night I watched like 2min of the UT (& I think Ole Miss game). That PG for UT shot a 3 from well behind top of the key and made it as the defender jumped at him. Whistle, foul, 4-pt play. I rewatched the shot, and you could see a full foot of air between any part of the defender and the shooter, yet a foul was called.

Sounds like typical SEC officiating.

It was an offensive foul

Section 35. Screen

Art. 3. A player shall not: c. Take a position so close to a moving opponent that this opponent cannot avoid contact by stopping or changing direction.
Clearly some of us (UK fans even) disagree whether it was a legal screen or not. So clearly it was close/debatable.

Rules suck.

Section 35. Screen

Rules suck.

Section 35. Screen

Dufus, the problem with your claim is the defender wasn’t really close to Wheeler when he set the screen. Wheeler couldn’t avoid the screen because he wasn’t looking. Not his fault because he was playing defense on another player. The at fault person was Oscar because he didn’t do his job and call out the screen. The defender had clearly established position before Wheeler slammed into him. Every player is allowed to establish position on the floor. You don’t have to move out of the way for another player. Like others have said, if this was ruled an offensive foul then no screen would be legal. You can argue all you want. Everyone has the right to be wrong, but don’t abuse that right.

• Haha
Reactions: crawfords corner
Dufus, the problem with your claim is the defender wasn’t really close to Wheeler when he set the screen. Wheeler couldn’t avoid the screen because he wasn’t looking. Not his fault because he was playing defense on another player. The at fault person was Oscar because he didn’t do his job and call out the screen. The defender had clearly established position before Wheeler slammed into him. Every player is allowed to establish position on the floor. You don’t have to move out of the way for another player. Like others have said, if this was ruled an offensive foul then no screen would be legal. You can argue all you want. Everyone has the right to be wrong, but don’t abuse that right.

You can argue all you want. Call me juvenile names all you want. The rule is the rule. You are wrong about the proximity as well.

Wheeler is also entited to space on the floor and the other player has to give him space to move there. It wasn't given.

Our “super” fans mock our PG after he gets knocked out and has a neck injury. This place is a mess.

This thread is overrun with ignorance. It really does read like a thread on Cardinal Authority. Hell, I'd say most Louisville fans are more aware than the majority of people posting in this thread.
Insert your little laughing emojis all you want, but anyone that knows anything about basketball knows it was a textbook screen.
Just picked you out, don't feel bad, your ignorance is representative. You are aware there are written rules for basketball, right? Wheeler's left foot is in the air when dude jumps in to set the "screen". It was an obvious foul to anyone who knows the rules and doesn't have a hardon against Cal and UK.

Reactions: chroix
This thread is overrun with ignorance. It really does read like a thread on Cardinal Authority. Hell, I'd say most Louisville fans are more aware than the majority of people posting in this thread.

Just picked you out, don't feel bad, your ignorance is representative. You are aware there are written rules for basketball, right? Wheeler's left foot is in the air when dude jumps in to set the "screen". It was an obvious foul to anyone who knows the rules and doesn't have a hardon against Cal and UK.
LOL. A hardon against Cal and UK? Son, I’ve been a fan before you were an itch in your daddy’s pants. You’ll never realize just how stupid your comment actually is.

Reactions: Gromcat

Bourbon is definitely a UK fan. Not that he needs me to have his back.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
LOL. A hardon against Cal and UK? Son, I’ve been a fan before you were an itch in your daddy’s pants. You’ll never realize just how stupid your comment actually is.
I'm not the one who can't read. Maybe you wear a UK hat, but you have no idea what a "textbook screen" is. As I said, nothing about you personally, but your ignorance of the situation is representative of this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: BourbonBalz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT