ADVERTISEMENT

"Cream Abdul Jabbar"

Indiana State has an awesome HC. He had powerhouses at D11 Lincoln Memorial University. I bet we see him at a P5 school someday. Josh Schertz

Kid might be the most “better than he looks” player ever.

The most unathletic uncool looking D1 player you’ll ever see with that pasty flabby body and the thick ass goggles. But the dude can really play, that’s largely to some really special court vision, passing and shooting skills.

Kinda like a poor man’s college mid-major version of Jokic.

Yeah, he's made for tv.
Indiana State runs one of the most efficient offenses in all of college basketball. It wouldn’t surprise me to see them get matched up with UK. And I would be nervous. I’ve seen Coach Schertz Coach many games. He’s excellent at taking away teams strengths.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
I hope they don’t put Kentucky with Indiana state in the tourney. I want to root cream Abdul Jabarr on

Amazing how they spread the court and he seals the defender to create easy baskets.

Indiana State will be an 11 or 12 if they make the tourney. So Kentucky needs to hang on to the 4 seed we’re currently sitting in to avoid CAJ so we can all enjoy him in all his glory.

A win at Tennessee and/or a win or two in the SECT should lock us into a 4 at worst IMO

I have to think that the last player in the NCAAT to make people tune in (for reasons other than just how good they are at the game), was like Ron and RJ Hunter, The father and son coach/player duo, who upset some teams and was famous for his leg injury celebrating with the team and had to be in that half wheel chair on the sidelines.

Last edited:
Why are so many of the women college basketball players fat? Young male players are usually rail thin, but there are lots of chunky girls on the court

Why are so many of the women college basketball players fat? Young male players are usually rail thin, but there are lots of chunky girls on the court
Coach told us that if you want to hold your own on the court you have to bulk up.

Why won't someone get him in shape, imagine that raw ability with a decent body, doesn't even have to be a top 50% athlete, just be solid.

They don't have much money to throw at him. He'll get swooped up.

The guy has good footwork. A big man can make up for a lot on the offensive and defensive ends if they have good footwork. He's also more mobile than he looks. I hope they have enough NIL money to keep him. Sounds like it's a real worry(probably a big worry for a lot of these types of programs these days)

Why won't someone get him in shape, imagine that raw ability with a decent body, doesn't even have to be a top 50% athlete, just be solid.
It is the reason he didn't go higher than Indiana St. coming out of high school. Great player who looks like a Thursday night Rec league guy.

Indiana State is my adopted non-UK March madness team this season, need them to beat Drake today to ensure they get in and for UK to avoid playing them

Indiana State is my adopted non-UK March madness team this season, need them to beat Drake today to ensure they get in and for UK to avoid playing them
They’re 27-5 and have impressive 26th NET ranking. So I’d say they’ve already clinched an at-large spot even if they don’t win today.

He needs to hit the weight room this summer. If he got that body right he could really be something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT