ADVERTISEMENT

Cousins swimming in the Cal-Aid

DeMarcus Cousins is an all-time UK great and always will be. And although I love and respect his loyalty to Coach Cal, if he really said the above, I think their relationship's maybe clouded his objectivity a bit.

We've bled blue since Hoover was President and the planet Pluto was first discovered, since the Shadow, Colonel Sanders's chicken restaurant in Corbin, the Chrysler Building, Mickey Mouse, scotch tape, the Hays Code, and Betty Boop were all brand-new, and we'll be bleeding blue well into the next century, I hope. =)

DeMarcus Cousins is an all-time UK great and always will be. And although I love and respect his loyalty to Coach Cal, if he really said the above, I think their relationship's maybe clouded his objectivity a bit.

We've bled blue since Hoover was President and the planet Pluto was first discovered, since the Shadow, Colonel Sanders's chicken restaurant in Corbin, the Chrysler Building, Mickey Mouse, scotch tape, the Hays Code, and Betty Boop were all brand-new, and we'll be bleeding blue well into the next century, I hope. =)
Hmmmm!? I never thought of Cousins as and all-time great at Kentucky. GO CATS!!

If all the Ca'sl 1st rounders would have put their money where there mouth is and donated 1 mil each, he may have a point. He and the rest took the money and ran
Screw him

Well at least we can listen live on radio and get to watch the replay on UK TV network at 11:30 when the local news ends.
There is that great play that Cawood described perfectly a few hours ago. Nice!

Reactions: BigTyrone
So you want to go back to when we had 3 channels? Cmon bro.
Do you have any comprehension of the English language are do you have a learning disability. Good lord. I said back before ESPN and all these cable channels, UK was on TV more than every other school out there except for UNC, proving a point UK was the main college draw back then, UK is the main college draw now, and it is because of the fan base. A UK game no matter the coach will rate higher than 98% of the other universities.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
He’s wrong, Kentucky is a brand (albeit a brand that got stronger with Calipari) but that brand doesn’t automatically become irrelevant without Calipari. Compare it to Apple or Amazon when Steve Jobs and Jeff Bezos stepped down as CEOs.

The closest thing to a brand becoming irrelevant due to one person that I can think of is when Jordan left the bulls (maybe also Tiger with the PGA). But the difference is viewers tuned in to watch “them”… they were the Brand… Calipari is not the brand, Coach K wasn’t the brand at Duke, and Roy Williams wasn’t the brand at UNC. Simply put people don’t watch games solely because of a coach.

He’s wrong, Kentucky is a brand (albeit a brand that got stronger with Calipari) but that brand doesn’t automatically become irrelevant without Calipari. Compare it to Apple or Amazon when Steve Jobs and Jeff Bezos stepped down as CEOs.

The closest thing to a brand becoming irrelevant due to one person that I can think of is when Jordan left the bulls (maybe also Tiger with the PGA). But the difference is viewers tuned in to watch “them”… they were the Brand… Calipari is not the brand, Coach K wasn’t the brand at Duke, and Roy Williams wasn’t the brand at UNC. Simply put people don’t watch games solely because of a coach.
Coach K is pretty close to being the Brand for duke...

Reactions: Bluegrassking
Yeah, I saw that clip a few days ago and this afternoon Marques Teague just said that Cal made Kentucky and he never heard of Kentucky before Cal. My guess with Teague and his lack of success in his 4 years in the NBA Cal paid him. But they can just go down to Arkansas and hang out with Cal we don't need them. Hell now that Cal is gone maybe more of the old time players will start coming back more, because Cal did not exactly throw out the welcome mat for them.

Teague was an Indiana kid. What would anyone expect him to say? If he's too stupid to have heard of Kentucky as a kid born in Indiana, then it's all gonna be "GREEK" to him. I felt bad for the young man when he went pro too early, but now it makes a ton of sense why he made that mistake.

well lets see 2 degrees in Science and business and a masters in school administration. But since you are quoting a post from over a week ago, and you added no context I would say you are the illiterate fool.

Maxey blowing up tonight no more super stars to follow in the NBA anymore we will have to live by rooting for former Kentucky greats because not many likely walking through that door from here on out.

• Haha
Reactions: CUJO_1970
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT