ADVERTISEMENT

Courier-Journal Article Today Says Bowen Bribery Case Stinks and Uavel Right in the Middle

58evyg.jpg

Damn is seems like that case has been going for 5 years or more.
I agree... The NCAA takes way to long in handling cases. Hope they throw the book at UL. Wonder how much longer it will take to hand down punishment ?

I dislike loserville and their fans IMMENSELY but it’s so unfair that the main offenders have already moved on to greener pastures and those kids that had ZERO to do with their BS will be left to serve their sentence. I think that’s extremely unfair to the players. Not their fans, I love to see their collective tears but I do sympathize with the screw job the current/future players will suffer through no fault of their own.

I dislike loserville and their fans IMMENSELY but it’s so unfair that the main offenders have already moved on to greener pastures and those kids that had ZERO to do with their BS will be left to serve their sentence. I think that’s extremely unfair to the players. Not their fans, I love to see their collective tears but I do sympathize with the screw job the current/future players will suffer through no fault of their own.
Their fault for knowingly attending a college under investigation as far as I'm concerned. Gotta do due diligence when choosing a place and it wasn't like this was some big secret. Any institution who cheats has to be punished or everyone will cheat.

Those players that are there now will have the option to transfer to another school. Those players however chose to go to Louisville knowing what the Cardinals were possibly facing, so why feel sorry for them ?

Reactions: Mulder14 and uk78
Those players that are there now will have the option to transfer to another school. Those players however chose to go to Louisville knowing what the Cardinals were possibly facing, so why feel sorry for them
Maybe because it’s hung over their head for 4-5 5 years never knowing when the shoe will fall. “Is this the year? Next year?” They sure can transfer just as I can think it’s unfair and show a little empathy.

Their fault for knowingly attending a college under investigation as far as I'm concerned. Gotta do due diligence when choosing a place and it wasn't like this was some big secret. Any institution who cheats has to be punished or everyone will cheat.
Fair enough. What was Pitino’s punishment? Jurich’s? McGee was banished to Uberville. I have an issue with the creators of the penalty moving on without repercussions while others left in the shambles get the poop end of the stick for it. Would you feel differently if I had mentioned the TV production crews, arena workers, concessionaires that could feel the pinch of a TV or postseason ban? They can’t just transfer and may have been there before the offenses happened.

FYI I would find this unfair if it were happening at ANY school (at it has happened at others). Cleveland State seemed to get hammered by the NCAA everytime Kansas gets caught, would you feel differently if it were them and not loserville?

Fair enough. What was Pitino’s punishment? Jurich’s? McGee was banished to Uberville. I have an issue with the creators of the penalty moving on without repercussions while others left in the shambles get the poop end of the stick for it. Would you feel differently if I had mentioned the TV production crews, arena workers, concessionaires that could feel the pinch of a TV or postseason ban? They can’t just transfer and may have been there before the offenses happened.

FYI I would find this unfair if it were happening at ANY school (at it has happened at others). Cleveland State seemed to get hammered by the NCAA everytime Kansas gets caught, would you feel differently if it were them and not loserville?
They may yet get show cause, I can't really complain about the punishments until they are levied. I agree the punishments should be for both the institution and the perpetrators.

As long as UL is pulverized into mush, I don’t care about other schools. In fact, it would make me happy seeing their line beard, meth smoking fanbase come unglued that they were treated differently than other schools. I want this serial cheating commuter school to be dead in the water for years to come.

As long as UL is pulverized into mush, I don’t care about other schools. In fact, it would make me happy seeing their line beard, meth smoking fanbase come unglued that they were treated differently than other schools. I want this serial cheating commuter school to be dead in the water for years to come.
Make no mistake, I do as well. Like someone else said, maybe I should reserve my frustration with pitino/jurich walking away free until something is decided. We’ll revisit this same conversation next year with nothing have had happened yet.

Reactions: irishcat1965
I'm a little confused, can you tell me how you really feel?

These things shouldn't take half a decade to resolve. NCAA is a clown show.
They have to wait for some small school to do some small violation that doesn't mean shit, so they can burn them and let the Kansas' , LSU, and Arizonas of the would get away scott free. Then they can brag about how well they enforce their rules. They can come on espn and say look here, we gave the University of Maine 5 years probation because their basketball players recieved to many free meals. Our enforcement branch is really doing their job.

I agree... The NCAA takes way to long in handling cases. Hope they throw the book at UL. Wonder how much longer it will take to hand down punishment ?
Has there been a ruling on the Kansas case involving Chamberlain? Or is it still pending? Kansas received that NOI in July 1959.

• Wow
Reactions: westerncat
Each of their current players and coaches absolutely knew that Louisville was being investigated for serious cheating violations when they decided to join the Cards. They voluntarily joined a team subject to pending disciplinary action. Even if Louisville gets the death penalty, I’ll have no sympathy for them.

No I still blame the players going to Lil bro, and those players choose to go there knowing that they might be put up in probation.

Reactions: Rockford
47? Thems rookie numbers.
Well... the article said that only part of the deposition transcript was filed as an exhibit. There may have been more. Also, he took the 5th on the question of whether Bowen Sr. called him "Ken."

• Haha
Reactions: Lempface
I'm hearing L1C4 plan's to appeal and it will likely take 6 more years for a final ruling.
The process UofL elected to follow does not allow for an appeal. They are using the new Independent Accountability Resolution Process. Nobody knows if they will be more or less harsh/consistent/frustrating than the regular NCAA process. Whatever they do, there is no process for appeal.

These things shouldn't take half a decade to resolve. NCAA is a clown show.
Sheesh, the FBI didn't even clear the NCAA to start their investigation until 11/18 or something like that. Then 16 months later the chaos of covid started.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT