ADVERTISEMENT

Could you bet your life on this team?

Cowbois won’t answer the hypo they’ll be easy to spot in this thread lol.

“Dur I wouldn’t bet my life on basketball Dur”

Answer - hell no. Because this team isn’t winning anything.

1. Wheeler will be given way too much rope to hang up.

2. Even if he didn’t, we don’t have the offensive ability to run half court in the tournament and be efficient enough to win. Ain’t no AD or A Harrison to bail us out.

3. Half of our team are pogo sticks with no skills. They just bounce around pretty much all they can do.

4. The one shooter we did bring in cannot create his own shot and Calipari doesn’t know how to get him open.

5. Even if we somehow perform well over what we’re capable of, and wheeler decides to not screw up in the last 3 minutes of tight games, and the pogo sticks learn to shoot basketballs, Calipari is your coach. He’ll screw it up.

So no, I wouldn’t bet 10 bucks to win a million this team will cut the nets down.
It's been a matter of weeks since posted the thread "I'm doing it again" where your hopes were sky high... To now falling back on the mantras "this team isn't winning anything" and "Cal will never win another title" (in almost every single post). You might be right, and the odds are in your favor saying those things in any given season. But I'm hoping you'll have the largest plate of crow in front of you out of anyone here if they do in fact win... And that's saying something for some of the folks here on ole Rafters.

images

Ok, then really that should tell you all you need to know about this team. If you don't think they have the type of players (mentally, physically, and skill) that you would bet would be an elite 8 or better team by season's end, that should tell you all you need to know. I look at these guys and none them besides Oscar look like championship caliber players. Even the transfers that are upperclassmen look younger than freshman that we've had before
You're moving the goal posts all over the place.

"Would I bet my life on this team to reach the elite 8?" Not a chance in hell.
"Would you bet on this team to reach the elite 8?" I believe so, yes.

ADVERTISEMENT