ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus confirmed near Nashville.

I don’t think you know more than the facts. Facts say it has a higher fatality rate. Spreads very easy. It’s not a hoax bro. Now do I think people will drop like flies, no I dont. Panic mode? Not a chance. But please don’t refute the facts this

I'm not refuting any facts. It has a higher mortality rate based on known cases. I also know it is less harmful than the flu. I have friends that work in the CDC and also a friend that works for a company that makes vaccines for things like this. Internally, the CDC knew about this virus long before the public did, and also knew it was likely already in the USA. The thing that may surprise you is they weren't worried about it. This would have never been a big deal if China didn't freak out and scare the world.

The reason they say its like the flu, but less harmful is it doesn't pose a threat to children and/or infants like the flu does. It poses a great threat to older people with compromised immune systems, which is true of nearly all viruses.

Another fact that will come out eventually is this virus is EVERYWHERE, people just don't know it yet. Its so mild most of the time people don't seek any treatment, and even if you did, 99% of all health care facilities cant even test for it. Once they start, it will pop up in every single state. Its FAR more wide spread than the media is telling people.

The first in washington was very healthy. And died. Quit believing what comes out of the whitehouse. And believe the drs

Quit believing what comes out of CNN and mainstream media. ;) Makes ya look silly.

Definitely take precautions. 100%. However many many many people have gotten the virus and “healed” quickly with no complications. Some people have even had it and not even realized they had it.

The sensationalism and attempt to politicize this is what’s really obnoxious and abhorrent.

Telling the vulnerable groups to stay home does not protect them from later contracting it from someone who was less cautious.

Young healthy people can spread it just as easily as the old and weak (in fact, even more easily since they move around more and are exposed to more people). Every young healthy person who gets it stands a good chance of later spreading it to someone more vulnerable.

The primary point of the precautions is to prevent SPREAD, not just to protect the person taking the precautions. Thus the logic flaw in suggesting that only the vulnerable need to take the precautions.

The only chance we had at containing this was when the breakout first happened. Since there were around 6000 flights in and out of China in the periods right before they stopped flights, containment went out the door. Also the mortality rates for this thing is kinda being skewed because of the high rate of death among those in China where heathcare and Hygiene is poor. Most doctors assume the mortality rates will even out at somewhere just a little above or below the flu..

Quit believing what comes out of CNN and mainstream media. ;) Makes ya look silly.

Definitely take precautions. 100%. However many many many people have gotten the virus and “healed” quickly with no complications. Some people have even had it and not even realized they had it.

The sensationalism and attempt to politicize this is what’s really obnoxious and abhorrent.
Jokes on you. I read. My tv doesnt do fox or cnn etc. Sry to disappoint you

I'm not refuting any facts. It has a higher mortality rate based on known cases. I also know it is less harmful than the flu. I have friends that work in the CDC and also a friend that works for a company that makes vaccines for things like this. Internally, the CDC knew about this virus long before the public did, and also knew it was likely already in the USA. The thing that may surprise you is they weren't worried about it. This would have never been a big deal if China didn't freak out and scare the world.

The reason they say its like the flu, but less harmful is it doesn't pose a threat to children and/or infants like the flu does. It poses a great threat to older people with compromised immune systems, which is true of nearly all viruses.

Another fact that will come out eventually is this virus is EVERYWHERE, people just don't know it yet. Its so mild most of the time people don't seek any treatment, and even if you did, 99% of all health care facilities cant even test for it. Once they start, it will pop up in every single state. Its FAR more wide spread than the media is telling people.
Okay conspiracy theories now. Cases being unreported, people having it not knowing they do cause it’s no big deal. Gotcha

Reactions: pyrrhicgorilla
Okay conspiracy theories now. Cases being unreported, people having it not knowing they do cause it’s no big deal. Gotcha

Hahaha, you believe there's no one out there that doesn't realize they have or had it? And you call me a conspiracy theorist?

Lol if there has been unreported cases. This country would have no safe place. And people who do not believe its serious are people we should stay away from

Reactions: ThePrinceIsKing
Lol if there has been unreported cases. This country would have no safe place. And people who do not believe its serious are people we should stay away from

Please don't tell me you're this ignorant. Of course there are unreported cases, a whole bunch of them. The reason its nothing to panic about is because this virus is not the global killer people like you think it is. Its been PROVEN, repeatedly, to be VERY mild among younger and healthy people. Its not my conspiracy theory. There is plenty of data out there showing this isn't a big deal at all unless your immune system is compromised. You just have to look somewhere other than CNN and msnbc.

Reactions: Saven
Please don't tell me you're this ignorant. Of course there are unreported cases, a whole bunch of them. The reason its nothing to panic about is because this virus is not the global killer people like you think it is. Its been PROVEN, repeatedly, to be VERY mild among younger and healthy people. Its not my conspiracy theory. There is plenty of data out there showing this isn't a big deal at all unless your immune system is compromised. You just have to look somewhere other than CNN and msnbc.
SARS had a 9.7% fatality rate, most likely close to 4x the Corona Virus does. What’s happening to the world and the panic is purely media driven. Could you get it and die? Yep , but you could also die of a heart attack or car wreck too.

SARS had a 9.7% fatality rate, most likely close to 4x the Corona Virus does. What’s happening to the world and the panic is purely media driven. Could you get it and die? Yep , but you could also die of a heart attack or car wreck too.

You're FAR more likely to die of a heart attack and exponentially more likely to die from a car wreck.

Uh huh

Well, that's an effective way to get your point across. If you're still alive in a month or two, come back so I can say I told you so. If you're right, well, enjoy the after life.
Do you realize how silly you sound? Have to get back too work. But hey why dont you vacation in China. Have a nice day

I know several Doctors here in Evansville and they all agree with him. That’s it’s a non issue. Will it kill people, yes. Is it something to fear and stay home over? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
Most drs in evansville is like ones in owensboro quacks. Esp ones at deaconess

I know several Doctors here in Evansville and they all agree with him. That’s it’s a non issue. Will it kill people, yes. Is it something to fear and stay home over? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
Doctors in my family say the same

Reactions: shano
my nurse told me today that coronavirus is an umbrella term, with SARS and MERS being variations of the coronavirus. DIdn't know that, bet you did though. Anyway, she says there is a antiviral med that is being used for the coronavirus as it existing throughout history, which is long in terms of years in existence. Been watching a stock climb from under 4 dollars to nearly 10 dollars today. Inovia, symbol INO, I think the runup is just hype, but it's fueled by company statements that they are close to developing an antiviral drug specifically for the variation of corona. They are taking it to China for human testing before mass producing. It will take about a year to hit the market if the FDA approves it.

my nurse told me today that coronavirus is an umbrella term, with SARS and MERS being variations of the coronavirus. DIdn't know that, bet you did though. Anyway, she says there is a antiviral med that is being used for the coronavirus as it existing throughout history, which is long in terms of years in existence. Been watching a stock climb from under 4 dollars to nearly 10 dollars today. Inovia, symbol INO, I think the runup is just hype, but it's fueled by company statements that they are close to developing an antiviral drug specifically for the variation of corona. They are taking it to China for human testing before mass producing. It will take about a year to hit the market if the FDA approves it.

You want to know another variation of the coronavirus? The common cold. This type of virus is well known and studied. It needs to be dealt with and a vaccine made, but its not nearly the big deal the media wants everyone to believe it is.

Covid 19 is the actual name, not coronavirus as many believe.

Last edited:
People on here amaze me with their lunacy...

The flu virus doesn't go through a nursing home and kill 6 patients. The flu virus does not go through a cruise ship and kill multiple people. The flu does not hit a whole town and kill hundreds of people. Whole countries don't close down schools because of the flu.

People want to believe this is not a big deal but unfortunately it is.

Could you imagine? Empty seats, no cheering or booing....just basketball.

Coach Cal would be shouting and every word would be heard over the announcers.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. It doesn't have a higher mortality rate. It's more contagious. But if the same hypothetical person got both, the flu has a higher chance of killing that person.

As stated this is essentially a bad cold. It's even in the same family of virus. If you're vulnerable to this, you're vulnerable to everything. Otherwise, no need to freak out
With all the medical info out there, how can you claim it doesn't have a higher mortality rate?

Last edited:
People on here amaze me with their lunacy...

The flu virus doesn't go through a nursing home and kill 6 patients.

YES IT DOES. It's just not publicized.

The flu virus does not go through a cruise ship and kill multiple people.

Yes it would if those people were Immune compromised and old, which is the MAJORITY of cruisers this time of year.

The flu does not hit a whole town and kill hundreds of people.

It can in countries that have people living on top of each other and lots of unhealthy people that eat WILD animals, like in Asia.

Whole countries don't close down schools because of the flu.

They do if the cities in those countries are VASTLY overpopulated and don't have the OPTIMAL healthcare that we do.

People want to believe this is not a big deal but unfortunately it is.

Maybe, but not the killer the news media is trying to portray.

I get what you're saying, however to this point, the flu is deadlier every year to those same demographics. People don't stop attending events over the flu.
The difference is there is a treatment and vaccine for influenza. There is neither for coronavirus.

a fever can do strange things to people and the covid-19 could probably be as bad as influenza. Both can cause fever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT