Just watched last night.

Very well done.

If everyone is doing it is it cheating?

CS is one smart dude and wish him well.

Just watched last night.

Very well done.

If everyone is doing it is it cheating?

CS is one smart dude and wish him well.
Not everyone else is doing it in person by buying tickets directly across from the bench and videotaping. Everyone else is using TV footage and watching during their game...which are both legal.

He definitely is a smart dude and very good at what he does. I don't believe he needed to take the extra step to give them a competitive advantage.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
The dude handled the NCAA perfectly. Got an awesome lawyer and told them to piss right off. He hired a lawyer who hated the NCAA and had success fighting them in the past. In a court of law they NCAA don't actually have a lot of weapons. In this case Stallions was busted because someone (believed to be from Ohio st) obtained his personal data without consent. They weren't willing to open that can of worms and in the end everyone knew it would be an even bigger shit storm. In my view, the NCAA was afraid of his attorney

Reactions: Cat06
Not everyone else is doing it in person by buying tickets directly across from the bench and videotaping. Everyone else is using TV footage and watching during their game...which are both legal.

He definitely is a smart dude and very good at what he does. I don't believe he needed to take the extra step to give them a competitive advantage.

This. The whole "everyone does it" was always a garbage strawman out forth by Michigan fans and pr people. Noone did this except them.

Then look at the fruits of the cheating. Harbaugh literally went from renegotiating his contract down to avoid being fired to going on a massive run. Literally nothing else changed.

This is why we are so disadvantaged by the AD we have.
I wish all ADs had Barnharts integrity, but they don’t.
I would say we had no one doing this at all. Let alone, being on staff and well funded.
Mitch would never in a million years put someone on staff who’s sole purpose was to steal signs.

This. The whole "everyone does it" was always a garbage strawman out forth by Michigan fans and pr people. Noone did this except them.

Then look at the fruits of the cheating. Harbaugh literally went from renegotiating his contract down to avoid being fired to going on a massive run. Literally nothing else changed.
Watch the part where he volunteered at the Academy to assist the Football team. They asked him if he knew how to decipher signals. He had never thought about it.

If no one else is doing it, why is everyone using three people simultaneously throwing different signals? Why does the Coach cover his mouth? Why are there huge banners behind the signal throwers, blocking view of their motions? Because everyone does it.

Watch the part where he volunteered at the Academy to assist the Football team. They asked him if he knew how to decipher signals. He had never thought about it.

If no one else is doing it, why is everyone using three people simultaneously throwing different signals? Why does the Coach cover his mouth? Why are there huge banners behind the signal throwers, blocking view of their motions? Because everyone does it.
The part I can’t believe is he just walks in the service academy team and says…. Can I help??? Sure… steal some signals???
Who just walks in and a D1 team, ask to help, and they say…. sure.

Later he said he just walked into the Michigan offices and said,,, can I help, again?? They also said…. Sure buddy,… come this way.
You seriously expect me to believe either one of those???
Guess I’ll walk into the Joe Craft center Monday and get me a job then.

This is the strawman people bought into. Everyone is doing it in game which is allowed. Noone else was doing it in person. Thats a huge difference. Iirc any film for exchange is prevented from capturing the sidelines to avoid this very thing as well.

There is a very prominent clip out there showing exactly how effective the cheating was. I think its osu going to audible and stalions tells a coach, coach gives hand signals, Michigan stuffs the play.

Noone was doing this. It worked incredibly well as can be seen by his record before and after.

This is the strawman people bought into. Everyone is doing it in game which is allowed. Noone else was doing it in person. Thats a huge difference. Iirc any film for exchange is prevented from capturing the sidelines to avoid this very thing as well.

There is a very prominent clip out there showing exactly how effective the cheating was. I think its osu going to audible and stalions tells a coach, coach gives hand signals, Michigan stuffs the play.

Noone was doing this. It worked incredibly well as can be seen by his record before and after.
I'm a HS coach. One of our cameras is pointed at the signal callers for every game. We have a guy whose only job is to catalog the plays with the calls. He does that all week. We have video on teams and staffs going back 10 plus years. The Hudl exchange has kind of ruined this a bit. Our JH staff would travel and film our next opponent on Friday night. Three guys. One filmed the plays. One filmed the calls. The other cataloged each play. I'm not sure it was worth the manpower, but we rarely saw something we'd never seen. We could get lined up and shifted much quicker. And I'm telling you, the guy that watches the signals each week could damned near call the play if a team has a 3rd and 2 and they really needed the first down. You could hear him in the headset calling the formation before they lined up. He was really, really good.

I'm a HS coach. One of our cameras is pointed at the signal callers for every game. We have a guy whose only job is to catalog the plays with the calls. He does that all week. We have video on teams and staffs going back 10 plus years. The Hudl exchange has kind of ruined this a bit. Our JH staff would travel and film our next opponent on Friday night. Three guys. One filmed the plays. One filmed the calls. The other cataloged each play. I'm not sure it was worth the manpower, but we rarely saw something we'd never seen. We could get lined up and shifted much quicker. And I'm telling you, the guy that watches the signals each week could damned near call the play if a team has a 3rd and 2 and they really needed the first down. You could hear him in the headset calling the formation before they lined up. He was really, really good.

That's great but thats highschool. There are very specific ncaa rules against videoing as well as off campus in person scouting.

Again this is very different from random sign stealing and only Michigan was doing it. Their vast improvement in wins/losses show it absolutely worked.

This is the easiest violation ever. Plenty of pics of him all over. Receipts galore. Then the videos of him relaying info on the sidelines. There is zero gray area. Noone else was doing it.

I get why people involved wre fighting it, but fans should admit it and move on.

You nor I don’t know if anyone else is doing it but my GUESS is plenty of teams are doing it and I’d bet anything their biggest rival was too!

That's great but thats highschool. There are very specific ncaa rules against videoing as well as off campus in person scouting.

Again this is very different from random sign stealing and only Michigan was doing it. Their vast improvement in wins/losses show it absolutely worked.

This is the easiest violation ever. Plenty of pics of him all over. Receipts galore. Then the videos of him relaying info on the sidelines. There is zero gray area. Noone else was doing it.

I get why people involved wre fighting it, but fans should admit it and move on.
It was noted that thru the freedom of information act they requested tickets bought to away games in any staffers name.
The reporter said 5 programs had multiple purchases.
He only mentioned two.
Clemson and Utah.
Stallions may have been the innovator , but others were following.

It was noted that thru the freedom of information act they requested tickets bought to away games in any staffers name.
The reporter said 5 programs had multiple purchases.
He only mentioned two.
Clemson and Utah.
Stallions may have been the innovator , but others were following.

Iirc south Carolina benefitted too so they could beat ut and help Michigan in the bcs rankings.

You make a good point that Michigan wasn't the only one. My point should've been not everyone was doing it. They should all be severely punished because it gave an obvious competitive advantage.

Iirc south Carolina benefitted too so they could beat ut and help Michigan in the bcs rankings.

You make a good point that Michigan wasn't the only one. My point should've been not everyone was doing it. They should all be severely punished because it gave an obvious competitive advantage.
That’s why I listed above it had to be a crazy disadvantage for us.
Mitch is the most strait laced AD in the SEC.
I can’t see him under any circumstances approving staff and money to steal signs.
I’m sure we were lagging way behind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT