ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Alabama

Hell of an effort. It was all lining up for the Heels. Bama’s best shooter out injured. Another guy limping around. Heels hit double digit 3’s in first half to lead by 8.

And this thing just flips on its head. Heels go 1/15 to start the second. Hubert panics and makes some very questionable lineup changes in the second. RJ Davis turning in a Caleb love performance as he spent way too much time dribbling the ball. Only two made 3’s for them in the second. Blown Bacot dunk. Blown Bacot layup. Heels overcame 5 point deficit last three minutes with an 8-0 run. Withers makes poor decision to take a bad 3 with Heels leading by 1 with a minute or so left. It was right there and Larry Bird Jr. (Nelson) went nuts on them! Hubert benched his starting guard and important ball handler Cadeau after the poor second half start.

• Love
Reactions: saxonburgcat
They pissed down their leg dude. Coaching staff, players, all of them. I did not differentiate and you read into it what you wanted to.

The squad was soft. These are just facts. Do you refute that?
Most Freshmen are soft "dude". Especially when they are playing against grown @$$ men.

Your post said " team" not coaches and team. You have defended Cal all year and that is ok.
You are entitled to your opinion.

But to exclude the sole person responsible for recruiting, " developing", coaching, and playing certain players when talking about the failure of this team AND the failure of this program for the past five years is simply disingenuous.

How have all of our teams been "soft" for nearly a decade now. Different players. Same coach.

Try to figure it out. Dude.

Good win for SEC!

But, Ala player ran baseline after calling timeout. He hopped twice to his right before inbounds pass. I think that was supposed to be a violation!

Someone help me out with the rule. There was a made basket. Ala ran the 5 players out of bounds. They had to call a timeout. Then the inbounds player hopped twice to his right before inbounding the ball after the timeout.
What was up with that *hit. Were they trying to get a few Bama football fans to pull for them. Looked idiotic and cost them a timeout. It would have served Oats right if they had lost possession because of that pea-brained call.

What was up with that *hit. Were they trying to get a few Bama football fans to pull for them. Looked idiotic and cost them a timeout. It would have served Oats right if they had lost possession because of that pea-brained call.
It's called coaching. Something many of our fans are very unfamiliar with.

Coach called a "false" play to see how UNC would defend it.

Player then called a timeout. Something UK fans didn't see all year.
Coach then runs a successful play to get the ball in bounds and player gets fouled.

Great coaching.

Most Freshmen are soft "dude". Especially when they are playing against grown @$$ men.

Your post said " team" not coaches and team. You have defended Cal all year and that is ok.
You are entitled to your opinion.

But to exclude the sole person responsible for recruiting, " developing", coaching, and playing certain players when talking about the failure of this team AND the failure of this program for the past five years is simply disingenuous.

How have all of our teams been "soft" for nearly a decade now. Different players. Same coach.

Try to figure it out. Dude.
I didn’t realize I had to hold everyone’s hand. Cal failed. He failed big and he should have been replaced. Get with the program. My posts are right there if you want to go read them. He failed to get his team to play with the toughness and physicality that they needed.

Does that help you bubba? I have some crayons if you need me to write it out for you.

Reactions: ukfan1622
I didn’t realize I had to hold everyone’s hand. Cal failed. He failed big and he should have been replaced. Get with the program. My posts are right there if you want to go read them. He failed to get his team to play with the toughness and physicality that they needed.

Does that help you bubba? I have some crayons if you need me to write it out for you.
I'm sure you do.

Don't want to take your crayons away from you.

Your mommy won't like that.

And please don’t try to hold my hand. I don't go that way.

It's OK if you do, though.
Just not with me.

Have a good day, sir.

I'm sure you do.

Don't want to take your crayons away from you.

Your mommy won't like that.

And please don’t try to hold my hand. I don't go that way.

It's OK if you do, though.
Just not with me.

Have a good day, sir.
Dude. Did I strike a nerve?

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse
I don't think you will get your wish w/UConn, I think they will win it all, althugh Purdue and Houston also look very good. JMO
Houston currently has the best chance on several predictors. Although I'd rather they didn't win, I'd like them above all the others listed. I mean if UConn can lose to Kansas, by 15 to Seton Hall, and 19 to Creighton, they can be beaten.

I've seen other teams run that play and it usually works. It usually has the 3 guys closest to the ball running straight at a defensive player, then the guy farthest away from the ball running behind them to get the inbounds pass. The design is intended to screen the defender away from stealing the pass. I think teams have seen it enough to know what's coming.

My OP was I thought 2 timeouts prevented the inbounds passer from being able to run the baseline. UNC called TO when they scored. Ala called a 2nd TO when they couldn't inbounds the ball. The Ala player moved 3-4 feet to his right before inbounding the pass.

I thought the 2nd TO prevented the inbounds player from being able to move. I was wrong. (I didn't have a dog in the fight, and couldn't find myself pulling for either team.) The only good I got out of last night was SEC at least getting one team to the E8.

Hell of an effort. It was all lining up for the Heels. Bama’s best shooter out injured. Another guy limping around. Heels hit double digit 3’s in first half to lead by 8.

And this thing just flips on its head. Heels go 1/15 to start the second. Hubert panics and makes some very questionable lineup changes in the second. RJ Davis turning in a Caleb love performance as he spent way too much time dribbling the ball. Only two made 3’s for them in the second. Blown Bacot dunk. Blown Bacot layup. Heels overcame 5 point deficit last three minutes with an 8-0 run. Withers makes poor decision to take a bad 3 with Heels leading by 1 with a minute or so left. It was right there and Larry Bird Jr. (Nelson) went nuts on them! Hubert benched his starting guard and important ball handler Cadeau after the poor second half start.

Actually I think UNC was behind at that point. But anyway, Withers ended up 3 of 17 from 3 on the season! Bama was playing a mile away from him. He was obviously open for a reason.

I hope they win it all and make the critics look like idiots for their irrational hatred of the man. It was funny to hear him call out Chuck Barkley after the game and the panel had the game over at half. Especially the DB Kenny Smith. Love that his Tar Holes lost.

Last edited:
Actually I think UNC was behind at that point. But anyway, Withers ended up 3 of 17 from 3 on the season! Bama was playing a mile away from him. He was obviously open for a reason.

Just double checked as the game was quite a barn burner and it’s tough indeed sometimes to get all the key storylines right when literally every play is so huge. The Heels were up 85-84 when Withers launched the 3 with 1:02 to play.

Nelson catches the pass with 40.2 secs left and scored and got fouled. Hits FT putting Bama up 87-85 with 38.6 seconds left in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: saxonburgcat
It's called coaching. Something many of our fans are very unfamiliar with.

Coach called a "false" play to see how UNC would defend it.

Player then called a timeout. Something UK fans didn't see all year.
Coach then runs a successful play to get the ball in bounds and player gets fouled.

Great coaching.
Great coaching. Right up their with the statue of liberty, flee flicker and throwing inbounds pass off the opponents butt. If it works, more power to you. If it don't, your azz is mud. It worked so Oats was a genius on that play.

Just double checked as the game was quite a barn burner and it’s tough indeed sometimes to get all the key storylines right when literally every play is so huge. The Heels were up 85-84 when Withers launched the 3 with 1:02 to play.

Nelson catches the pass with 40.2 secs left and scored and got fouled. Hits FT putting Bama up 87-85 with 38.6 seconds left in the game.

Thanks. I went back and watched it again. I stand corrected. I think when I watched it this morning, I just reversed the score in my mind. With UNC up 1 that really makes the shot ridiculous. I love the announcer asking, "Why? Why?"

Reactions: Neue Regel
Great coaching. Right up their with the statue of liberty, flee flicker and throwing inbounds pass off the opponents butt. If it works, more power to you. If it don't, your azz is mud. It worked so Oats was a genius on that play.
Lol. Tell me you are a UNC fan without telling me you are a Heel.

Sour grapes, much???

We could have hired Oats last year but we were “scared to lose Cal’s top recruiting class”. Now hiring Oats would be much more expensive than before. Great job 👍

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT