ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats #2 Tim Couch

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
College Hall of Fame election!

Have listened to him many times but only met him one time but as good a guy off the field as on it!

Real gentleman.

Loved watching him play for the Cats. Glad he still comes around. I think he’s the reason for the nice practice field.

Wish he had continued on SEC tv as he was terrific but understand he doesn’t need it.

Wish he would not have been drafted 1 to an nfl expansion team. Doomed from the start. No doubt in my mind he would have been an all timer at qb.

Last edited:
His career would've been so different if he would've traded spots with Donovan McNabb in Philly in that draft. If only he would've pulled an Eli or Elway and refused to go there. It's no coincidence that the guy who broke Couch's sack record was David Carr behind the expansion Texas o-line.

An expansion team drafting a QB number one while having nothing to protect him is a career killer and shows management cared more about selling tickets. Build your team first and then get a QB in a few years because I assure you that you would've been drafting in the top 10 for years anyway.

Last edited:
What a great problem to have,….#1 draft pick,…navigating life with or without a playboy centerfold , TV color commentary or , whatever else to pursue.

The guy has conducted himself with class, honor & dignity and brought enthusiasm to our program first time I recall in my lifetime.

Glad we could do something to honor the legend from up Thousand Sticks way. Great person to have looking out for the program , very proud of Tim & his people!

His career would've been so different if he would've traded spots with Donovan McNabb in Philly in that draft. If only he would've pulled an Eli or Elway and refused to go there. It's no coincidence that the guy who broke Couch's sack record was David Carr behind the expansion Texas o-line.

An expansion team drafting a QB number one while having nothing to protect him is a career killer and shows management cared more about selling tickets. Build your team first and then get a QB in a few years because I assure you that you would've been drafting in the top 10 for years anyway.
Well said.

Listening to Tim I bet he feels the same now. I heard him said he loved football and truly wanted to play in the NFL for many years.

WIll probably see a quick exit from the sport by Will Levis for similar reasons.

Why are your citing Jon Elway’s collegiate won/loss record.

Oh, wait, Jon’s was 20-23, with no bowl game!

Couch played his last collegiate game on New Year’s Day.
Yeah, much better than Elway. 🥱

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT